Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #51
Webkinz :)

ollyson13 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Webkinz Creative Director Contacts WI Regarding Front Page Article

woohoo i hope that means that the glitch wasnt caused by us cheating (possibly)
ollyson13 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2009, 09:42 AM   #52
ginnyky
Gifted

ginnyky is a splendid one to beholdginnyky is a splendid one to beholdginnyky is a splendid one to beholdginnyky is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by Doggyfan
I'm sure the WI member wrote down everything correctly that was said to her. I'm guessing the creative director either didn't like it stated publically or their customer service rep didn't know what they were talking about, imagine that, a Gantz customer service rep that doesn't know what's going on . Perhaps Gantz should keep their reps informed with daily memos or staff meetings rather than insinuating they were misquoted. I for one am tired of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing at Gantz. The fact that we have to keep calling customer service until we get a rep that knows what's going on or is willing to help is just not right. Now if we could just get Gantz to pay attention to all the problem post we make, now that would be great . Sorry but I was rather offended that the WI member who took the time to let us know what was said is stated as "misinforming us".
rep for you I agree
ginnyky is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:44 AM   #53
Gift Trainee

TwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonderTwinzKinz wows us all with wonder

Cheating is such a harsh term especially with no definition of how it was done. More probable is that several accounts were please waited in the middle of a reponse and these accounts got loaded up with stuff (this has happened all over WW, usually with KC being added). Maybe this glitch gave them a million rocky road ice creams?
TwinzKinz is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #54
Loonie1212 is a jewel in the roughLoonie1212 is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT
WHILE i always appreciate how wi retracts things, and how wi wants to get it right, i would more like to see wi put the burden of proof back at ganz rather than just pulling the story. because i am left very very confused. id have rather seen wi put an update to the story. this way, you bet the creative director is going to get back to wi sooner with the correct information. it seems they are so lickedy-quick fast to get to justin or wi when something is not to their liking, but snail-pace slow to get any reliable answers to many of our frustrations. i would think that if ganz used the many ways of communicating to us (mass emailings, kinzville news, webkinz news, bullitinz, parents area, calling justin) that wi would never be in this position of retracting anything. please dont anyone get mad at me, but i think wi was way too quick to give the creative director what he wanted--- siilence. to my mind, it works the other way too, if wi retracts things right away before they have any acurate information to replace it,than how can we believe the information anyway? put the burden on ganz .............. not the person who was kind enough to report what they got from ganz own cs operators. any of us who have called cs knows they say all sorts of things to all sorts of people. make them start treating their employees better and their custormers better by standing by your story until you get accurate information. it is hard for me to believe that the creative director did not have the correct information at the time of the conversation........... its that kind of stuff that really gets me frustrated and i dont want jsutin or whoever talked to this person, to be played with. cuz to me, they were played with. but that is jsut my opinion, i wasnt there i dont know. its just my gut feeling. i appreciate that wi wants to have all the integrity in its stories, but sometimes with certain situations that just is not possible each and every time. i would rather stand by what a customer/member related rather than imply they were wrong with what they related. to me, that would make me very hesitant to share information with the forum in the future. heck, even now i might not share anything said to me by ganz and i had nothing to do with this story. honestly, i feel bad for the member who gave out the information. like i said, why not merely update the story rather than pull it??????????? well, that is my two cents............. i hope anyone who wants to throw tomatoes at me switches to marshmallows instead and aims them at my tush rather than my head............. lol.
I agree with BASMAT and WI should backup and support the member. Even if the information is false. If that is the case then the correct information be supplied with its source for other members to look up if desired. As a forum information can be posted even if it is inaccurate. Sometimes I don't know what to believe and would love to find it on a Webkinz site supplied by Ganz. For example how to use the Kinzville classes for things in Webkinz Stadium. Or good information about glitches about the Jellybean Challenge or log on problems.
I read the article and knew personally the recess thing was inaccurate. But that seemed like a easy fix.

**** I would love to know what is a priority to Ganz to fix!!! I know that the CS rep said that several times. Now that I could see as a problem and want a retraction for if I were Ganz. But having said that again an easy fix- just state they are taking all problems seriously and are having more difficulty with some.

No one wants to admit that misinformation comes directly from their own company. People will always be people and some workers are better that others. That's a fact. I do not think that the Ganz employee was trying to be misleading. Quoting their name was brilliant because that makes the employee accountable. ACCOUNTABILITY does not mean they should be crucified if found out to be wrong. They just need to be retrained and informed by their superiors. I suspect this is a the problem- it usually is.

Having worked in public affairs and on the web it is always hard to erase something once it is put out there. We can always find it somewhere and retraction seems overkill for misinformation. I do understand that as keeping the Ganz folks happy is a priority. Without their cooperation things could become very difficult quickly. Not that Ganz would do that on purpose. But if they do not like "us" then there is no incentive to be nice to the Insider and to give info freely. Even though they should do that all the time anyway. What is needed is a balance of support of members and catering to the "parent company."

I FIND IT VERY ODD THE CORRECTION WAS NOT MADE RIGHT AWAY. If the person who spoke with WI did not know the correct info- how could they know the statements were wrong?

Again thank you to BASMAT for inciteful critique and to for everything. I hope that members will still post what they find out directly from Ganz and to quote their sources.

-Loon
Loonie1212 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:12 AM   #55

clnokes will become famous soon enough

The member did nothing wrong in my books, they were trying to be helpful and informing everyone one about what they were told. Wether it be true or false
clnokes is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:42 AM   #56
Gifted

Nakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clownNakisha is cool as a bunny clown

Oh dear, oh dear!!!

I hope this is all just one big misunderstanding. I feel a bit bad for the member who posted the news, as it's said the information was ''false''. I don't think the WI member meant to post info that wasn't correct... so either she misunderstood, or she was misinformed.

Either way, I hope Ganz will clear this confusion up very quickly!
Nakisha is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #57

Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.
Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.

If the Creative Director knew what was inaccurate, why didn't (s)he correct the misinformation while contacting WI, especially if it was only Recess and Doug? I believe the WI member who took notes was correct in reporting it and reported in good faith, the member even asked the self-proclaimed supervisor permission to print it.

Of course, there is the hope, that by quickly retracting the story, Ganz will be more forthcoming to WI in the future....create a relationship. I am skeptical, though. After all, they created Webkinz Newz to do some of the things WI had been doing.
Beautykinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #58
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

I called customer service a couple of months ago about the fashion class freezing up. The rep told me that the technical department knew exactly what the problem was and it was a high priority to fix it. She even had me hold while she contacted the tech department (that is what she said). When she came back she said that it should be fixed soon and don't take the class for about a week and then try again because it should be fixed in about a week. I asked her 3 times to tell me what the problem was, and each time she avoided the question. I called again last week because my pet on level 10 kept getting the shy model freeze up and it was really irritating me. The customer service person I talked to last week said she didn't believe me that anyone would have told me that the class was being fixed. She pretty much called me a liar and said that no one would have ever given me that information. Well, I did not lie and I told her that I was not a liar and I WAS given that information. When the supervisor called me back, and I told him about this, he said that the first person I talked to was accurate at the time. That is the information they were getting from the other department at the time, but then they couldn't fix the fashion class or they decided not to fix it.

It is very hard to know who is misinformed. I don't think anyone should be called a liar. From my dealings with Ganz customer service, I believe that the customer service department is misinformed. They give out information that they believe is true, then the WI members let everyone know what that information is. I really appreciate the trickle down of information, even if it is not totally accurate because someone was misinformed.

The fault does not lie with the WI member, but with the way Ganz operates -- they should give all of the customer service employees accurate information to begin with (along with the background of all of the problems in the past, so no one is called a liar by a customer service rep or anyone else at Ganz).
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:26 AM   #59
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Yes, SnowCrystal. I have to agree with this.
Chances are that the person who reported it was good enough to write all of this down while the 'supervisor' was answering all of these questions. The ONE sure thing that I have discovered is that WI (we) know more than most of the people working there.
A lot of us have even become very creative in how we deal with their glitches and learned how to FUNCTION within those constraints. Take for instance our stuck item problem. There are a couple of approaches that have GANZ-LESS solutions (MomWhoPlays has one of them.)
When I was discussing this with a CS Rep, she thought I was out of my mind and I told her that if she ever had a stuck item to try that instead of asking a tech to use their 'special tool.'
They have NO idea that if they worked in TANDEM with Webkinz Insider and HEARD, not just listened in on, the things we have discovered, they may find their games and glitches problems could be solved more effectively
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #60
Serving Up Wacky
Gift Guru

robertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond words
robertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond words

I agree with Basmat, the burden of proof is in Ganz's hands, the original post should be reposted, at least in the "Rumor Mill"until we hear from Ganz otherwise. I think we all agree without WW there would not be WI,Ganz needs to learn WI performs the customer service that Ganz is sorely lacking in.Without WI my son my wife and I probably would have given up on Webkinz, WI makes WW much more enjoyable and enduable.Maybe we would all be betterr off if Ganz employees read WI often. Ganz talks about "Priorities", Jellybean Challenge has been broken for months what do we get LAME smilies in kinzchat they can be fun but not really nesessary .Without WI we would all be lost. our family who plays have over 200 Webbies.

Bob dad who plays 66 Webboes and counting
robertcleveland is offline Male Reply With Quote

Tags
got a tag!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: