Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 11:50 PM   #21
pokekid56
Webkinz :)

pokekid56 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Webkinz Creative Director Contacts WI Regarding Front Page Article

thx FIA! WI is a great place to be!
there's not problem if we messed up!
Nobody's Perfect! I'm on WI so much I
get grounded! One day i was on from 4am
12am! THX SO MUCH WI! I <3 WI 4 EVER!

, pokekid56
pokekid56 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #22
Gifted

candycane is a jewel in the roughcandycane is a jewel in the rough

WI is awesome because it is soooo reliable!
candycane is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:00 AM   #23
Gifted

Cloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socks

Great job Justin I look forward to hearing what the corrections are from the Creative Director. Without an official statement confirming the contrary, there's no retraction to print.

FWIW, (and this is not directed at Justin or FIA, but to some of the comments people have made) I don't think Mell necessarily misinterpreted what was said. It's possible, of course. I wasn't there. But it seems more likely to me that Ganz didn't like a rep being that honest.
Cloud One is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:17 AM   #24
Unregistered

Wouldn't it be more fair to keep the original post, print the "official" version from Gantz and let the reader decide what to make of it? My sense is that the original poster had no malice intended and nothing to gain by taking notes and getting the info out to us and shouldn't have their work deleted just so the other side could have the ONLY say in the matter.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #25
illiam has a bunny

Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art
Bindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of artBindidog is a work of art

Thank you for your responsible reporting. Seeing that you would rather report facts than something that might be false makes me trust the information that WI brings us. Thank you!
Bindidog is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #26
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

WHILE i always appreciate how wi retracts things, and how wi wants to get it right, i would more like to see wi put the burden of proof back at ganz rather than just pulling the story. because i am left very very confused. id have rather seen wi put an update to the story. this way, you bet the creative director is going to get back to wi sooner with the correct information. it seems they are so lickedy-quick fast to get to justin or wi when something is not to their liking, but snail-pace slow to get any reliable answers to many of our frustrations. i would think that if ganz used the many ways of communicating to us (mass emailings, kinzville news, webkinz news, bullitinz, parents area, calling justin) that wi would never be in this position of retracting anything. please dont anyone get mad at me, but i think wi was way too quick to give the creative director what he wanted--- siilence. to my mind, it works the other way too, if wi retracts things right away before they have any acurate information to replace it,than how can we believe the information anyway? put the burden on ganz .............. not the person who was kind enough to report what they got from ganz own cs operators. any of us who have called cs knows they say all sorts of things to all sorts of people. make them start treating their employees better and their custormers better by standing by your story until you get accurate information. it is hard for me to believe that the creative director did not have the correct information at the time of the conversation........... its that kind of stuff that really gets me frustrated and i dont want jsutin or whoever talked to this person, to be played with. cuz to me, they were played with. but that is jsut my opinion, i wasnt there i dont know. its just my gut feeling. i appreciate that wi wants to have all the integrity in its stories, but sometimes with certain situations that just is not possible each and every time. i would rather stand by what a customer/member related rather than imply they were wrong with what they related. to me, that would make me very hesitant to share information with the forum in the future. heck, even now i might not share anything said to me by ganz and i had nothing to do with this story. honestly, i feel bad for the member who gave out the information. like i said, why not merely update the story rather than pull it??????????? well, that is my two cents............. i hope anyone who wants to throw tomatoes at me switches to marshmallows instead and aims them at my tush rather than my head............. lol.
BASMAT is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:35 AM   #27
hyIsMyRideBroken?

Aeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledgeAeza flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

It is so nice to have such a wonderful place to come to in order to browse new info, thanks for taking the care and time to assure it's authenticity.
Aeza is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:19 AM   #28
FathomlessAbyss

FathomlessAbyss is on a distinguished road

I'm siding with Basmat here. Just exactly why is Ganz so earnest in taking down this piece of "misinformation"? So really, what is the harm in putting the burden on Ganz?

Why wouldn't a reader like me believe the original post anyway? Some of the games have been broken for quite a while now-- no fix in sight. Some WI users apparently didn't get all their gems back, right? Although I am now beng told the article was misinformed, I have to admit much of it strikes a chord with me in addressing some of my frustrations with our common game. If Ganz doesn't like being put in a bad light... well, they should probably be more attentitve to fixing these problems that are obvious to Webkinz World users... and show at least as much enthusiasm in customer and techinical service as they show in putting out new e-store pets, new room themes, and new games.

One thing, though... I am now VERY curious to see how quick Ganz responds to Justin's request.
FathomlessAbyss is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:24 AM   #29
Jacob thinks I'm
Gifted

Maggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with grace

View Post Originally Posted by Doggyfan
I'm sure the WI member wrote down everything correctly that was said to her. I'm guessing the creative director either didn't like it stated publically or their customer service rep didn't know what they were talking about, imagine that, a Gantz customer service rep that doesn't know what's going on . Perhaps Gantz should keep their reps informed with daily memos or staff meetings rather than insinuating they were misquoted. I for one am tired of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing at Gantz. The fact that we have to keep calling customer service until we get a rep that knows what's going on or is willing to help is just not right. Now if we could just get Gantz to pay attention to all the problem post we make, now that would be great . Sorry but I was rather offended that the WI member who took the time to let us know what was said is stated as "misinforming us".
This post reflects exactly how I feel about this issue. It is not our or WI's fault that customer service REPRESENTATIVES (aka reps for GANZ) are telling us one thing, when the true story is clearly something different. This is not a problem that an actually successful company should be having! They should have figured out by now how to send memos and keep their employees up to date with accurate information! If the CD is going to take the time and make the effort to contact WI and say that an article is incorrect, they better be ready to tell us, right then, what that article SHOULD say! None of this "Oh, that's not right, FYI, but I won't tell you what's wrong and what the truth actually is."

As much as I am usually a Ganz supporter, this just really ground my gears the wrong way.

View Post Originally Posted by BASMAT
WHILE i always appreciate how wi retracts things, and how wi wants to get it right, i would more like to see wi put the burden of proof back at ganz rather than just pulling the story. because i am left very very confused. id have rather seen wi put an update to the story. this way, you bet the creative director is going to get back to wi sooner with the correct information. it seems they are so lickedy-quick fast to get to justin or wi when something is not to their liking, but snail-pace slow to get any reliable answers to many of our frustrations. i would think that if ganz used the many ways of communicating to us (mass emailings, kinzville news, webkinz news, bullitinz, parents area, calling justin) that wi would never be in this position of retracting anything. please dont anyone get mad at me, but i think wi was way too quick to give the creative director what he wanted--- siilence. to my mind, it works the other way too, if wi retracts things right away before they have any acurate information to replace it,than how can we believe the information anyway? put the burden on ganz .............. not the person who was kind enough to report what they got from ganz own cs operators. any of us who have called cs knows they say all sorts of things to all sorts of people. make them start treating their employees better and their custormers better by standing by your story until you get accurate information. it is hard for me to believe that the creative director did not have the correct information at the time of the conversation........... its that kind of stuff that really gets me frustrated and i dont want jsutin or whoever talked to this person, to be played with. cuz to me, they were played with. but that is jsut my opinion, i wasnt there i dont know. its just my gut feeling. i appreciate that wi wants to have all the integrity in its stories, but sometimes with certain situations that just is not possible each and every time. i would rather stand by what a customer/member related rather than imply they were wrong with what they related. to me, that would make me very hesitant to share information with the forum in the future. heck, even now i might not share anything said to me by ganz and i had nothing to do with this story. honestly, i feel bad for the member who gave out the information. like i said, why not merely update the story rather than pull it??????????? well, that is my two cents............. i hope anyone who wants to throw tomatoes at me switches to marshmallows instead and aims them at my tush rather than my head............. lol.
I also agree 100% with this statement, I just wanted to add. Again though, not usually a hater in any sense (not that this person is) but I think when something is wrong, something needs to be said, and this says it!

Last edited by Maggie Mae; 06-12-2009 at 02:24 AM..
Maggie Mae is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:08 AM   #30
Nickinz2000 is a name known to allNickinz2000 is a name known to allNickinz2000 is a name known to all

Having not read the original post, I think that WI was wise to co-operate with the request for retraction. After all, this forum is based on Ganz and their product. It was the noble thing to do.

That being said, Ganz does owe us an explanation. Your consumers are looking for information and we are obviously not getting it. Ganz, please focus more energy on relaying accurate information and less on finding fault with the efforts of others.
Nickinz2000 is offline Male Reply With Quote

Tags
got a tag!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: