Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 09:01 AM   #71
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default Re: Webkinz Creative Director Addresses Inaccuracies in "Interesting Conversation" Article!

View Post Originally Posted by knittinjo
He is paying attention, can we capitalize on that good will? I don't know much about threads and topic areas and such, but a place for him, does he have a name?
Yes, he has a name and Ganz has been watching WI's front page for a little over 2 years now and I've always had contact with him. He is my primary contact at Ganz and comes to me from time-to-time about certain issues.

View Post Originally Posted by Floyd Pink
An occasional report coming out of Ganz (for example, this recent conversation with the person calling himself Creative Director) looks to me as an attempt to simply shut us up.

Am I being too cynical?
Yes. I assure you, I know who he is and have been working with him for going on 2 years. When we initially started working together, we used his name a few times, but the higher-ups asked that we no longer use his name, only his title.

View Post Originally Posted by nicolee1978
i have just one question................ why did it take ganz so long to get back to us??? i expected more than that. i feel like i'm being snowed.
As you may guess, being the Creative Director of Webkinz is a demanding job that has many requirements. In addition, the response was requested just before the weekend. I had the e-mail waiting for me early on Monday morning!

The communication with the Creative Director at Ganz is not a new development.. Ganz has always known about and monitored WI, for better or for worse. That said, I really like the idea about a go-to thread for the Creative Director and Ganz's technical team and I'll pitch the idea to him later this morning.
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2009, 01:04 PM   #72
Snackerdoodle,Imanan
Webkinz :)

Swonderful is a jewel in the roughSwonderful is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Webkinz Creative Director Addresses Inaccuracies in "Interesting Conversation" Article!

The communication with the Creative Director at Ganz is not a new development.. Ganz has always known about and monitored WI, for better or for worse. That said, I really like the idea about a go-to thread for the Creative Director and Ganz's technical team and I'll pitch the idea to him later this morning.
That is the best news of all!
Swonderful is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:50 PM   #73
bc2
bc2 has disabled reputation

HA! I find it laughable that they are claiming that no one with their team ever said the bug issues are not a priority. Every single time I have ever had any issues I have always been told that what ever my issue is, "is not a priority at this time". Whether it be by phone or email, on several issues too. So that's a whole lot of bologna.

Sorry but I believe what the original WI member said over any officials with Ganz/Verbatim who ever they are.

It's funny that they also claim that there have been no further issues with Doug since he stole the gems the first day. I personally have encountered problems with him, so that's not true either.

Also, my gems were not returned 24 hours later as claimed but much later... several days later.
bc2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #74
NOILANI90

Smile Re: Webkinz Creative Director Addresses Inaccuracies in "Interesting Conversation" Article!

Hey does anyone know when doug comes on and if so pleeze reply to this reply it would realy help me thnx!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #75

nicolee1978 is a WI addict!
nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!

please don't take offense to this but come on. the info i got i feel should and could have been given the first day all this crap started. i'm mad. as simple as that sounds. Creative Director needed the time to have a little meeting on how to save face. not help it's consumers.
nicolee1978 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #76

CrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to beholdCrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to beholdCrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to beholdCrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to behold

Don't be mad at the creative director or at Justin please. I had some problems within the forum a couple of months ago, and both of these individuals were very kind and caring. Justin even contacted me via e-mail to give me a message from the creative director! This was something that did NOT happen on the front page, which proves to me that they read many of the issues and concerns that we have here on the forums!

That also means that Ganz cares enough about their customers that they're willing to go to sources outside of their own corporation for feedback. If nothing else, that says to me that they really care about their customers and go out of their way to find solutions to our problems.
CrimsonTwilight is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:50 AM   #77
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

it does leave a bad taste in my mouth when ganz takes so much of our money but then refuses to say who they are, even on their website. what do they think we are going to do? i dont understand all the secrecy. they have a wonderful idea with webkinz, and it can work so well, and most of us are so forgiving when we feel valued. i dont understand this 'kid glove' attitude. it leaves me very frustrated because after i have spent sooooooooooo much money, if they dont want to address any issues ...... well they wont. and i have no way of sending a letter 'to the attention of______________" or anything. THAT is a big problem for me. they have my name and such.................. it is a real shame someone like mell, whose original post started the controversy, has given her families' accounts away because of this lack of accountability....... that really stinks. really bad. i know of one member who jsut wants a name in order to send a letter regarding a very important issue to her child, but cannot because no names are listed on the ganz site, no names are given here, a fan site, and no names can be found on the internet. why???????????????? it would be different if we really got answers here when this man comes to wi 'with an issue'................... but we get a bunch of nothing really. he welcomes any input he says, but then we have no way to tell him anything. we dont even have a name. anybody at ganz can throw a long-worked-on letter in the trash and id never know it. but if i had a name to send that letter to, well that is worth my time. my time is as valuable as his. all of our time is................... this really bothers me, and they dont deserve to be treated with kid gloves. and im not mad at justin or anyone, im jsut saying that i disagree about accountability and access and what it means to value your custormers for a corporation. this is what makes the world go 'round.............. free exchange of ideas and perspectives. when that stops, well not much is worth it in a forum such as this. and i trust that justin can take it, that he understands this. i think he does or he would not open this up to discussion. and i applaud him for this. i have all along. i jsut dont think we are getting all this exclusive information in exchange for the respect justin is showing him. sorry but i jsut dont see it. i know it is a fine line here, but again i dont see this information as so exclusive. most of what we see is in the kinzville news anymore............... he is the one who came to justin, not the other way around. he didnt do anyone a favor by 'taking their call' so to speak. he complained about a front page article on wi, he didnt do this to help customers out. it was not like that. that is what angers me. and the poor woman who only wanted issues resolved for her kids is now so frustrated she gave up her accounts freely. how sad is that? she didnt even have a name to send a darn letter to. no one. so this is not about justin. i value justin and what he started here, this is about ganz being accountable. if they dont want to does not mean they should not be. it is increaingly more frustrating to have less access to my main account due to a near five hour 'maintenance' but not have any glitches or problems fixed for months even with all that down time..................... i jsut dont understand this.

again, im not mad at justin so please dont take it that way. he is in a strange position here that he should never have to be in. justin should be one of the magical -ganz- man's most valued go-to guys but as far as i can tell, he is not.

im ducking now.....................
BASMAT is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:08 AM   #78
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Justin: I think it's wonderful that you have cultivated a good relationship with the creative director - it's so nice to know that there is a friendly ear in a position to make change happen.

I think the frustration most people are expressing is with the poor internal communication channels within Ganz and particularly within the Customer Service area.

My guess is that Cust Service people are rewarded not for making clients happy but for the speed with which they deal with issues - and as CS cannot actually do technical fixes then it's easier for them to tell a story to the customer that they hope will make the problem go away (and close it) than to escalate it internally. If information doesn't have an easy way to flow within Ganz then there is no way someone like the Creative Director will get it - he (or she) is in a very different dept from CS.

Most corporations suffer from this "silo" mentality and it means that their most critical information (customer opinions and concerns) never gets outside CS - because if it does it is considered bad performance on the part of the CS rep who allowed the problem to escalate.

The other problem is that most people at the director level within organizations are swamped with work - they typically work 50 to 60 hour weeks and often weekends just to get their core work done - so time for anything not on their "hot list" is hard to come by. It seems like it would be simple for the CD to browse WI and look for problems that should concern Ganz but the reality is he likely has very little spare time and rarely gets around to doing anything that is not a crisis.

I would suggest that we ensure that any information pipeline to the CD is a simple one - and one that will not get so overburdened with posts that it takes too much time to read. It may be important to set some very specific rules about posts on that thread (if it is created) limiting posts to simple descriptions of issues or links to WI threads discussion issues or something rather than an open free for all.

Though I guess the best thing would be to ask the CD himself how he wants his information supplied - he said he "welcomed" information and we certainly welcome the opportunity to send it to him - we should be able to work something out!

One thought if he really wants to know more about what customers are experiencing would be to have a small group of WI members form a "testing" pool to provide feedback on new features of WI - that group could be an invaluable information source. I bet it would be the best investment Ganz could make - priceless data in exchange for estore points!.

Last edited by Jarrah; 06-17-2009 at 06:11 AM..
Jarrah is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:22 AM   #79
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

I totally agree with jarrah justin. jarrahs post is exactly right, i have no doubt the cd works long hours. i see the problem jarrah talks of even in doctors offices................ thank yu jarrah

justin i am so glad you like the idea of a thread for the cd........... if he wants it.
BASMAT is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #80
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by Jarrah

One thought if he really wants to know more about what customers are experiencing would be to have a small group of WI members form a "testing" pool to provide feedback on new features of WI - that group could be an invaluable information source. I bet it would be the best investment Ganz could make - priceless data in exchange for estore points!.
There is only one major problem with this. The last time I spoke to a supervisor and told him about the problems I was encountering, some of his responses were "we will get someone to test that here and see...blah, blah, blah.." (no disrespect intended by "blah, blah, blah"). Their in-house testing environment is almost certainly different than the end-user environment. I have heard that many times that our problems are not their problems, especially with levels 8-10 of the fashion class. They can't reproduce our experience, so they choose to not work on the glitch. It would be helpful if they actually treated WI members as their user group and actually listen intently to all of our problems and take them seriously. They do not do that in my opinion. Before WI gets anything together (a new user forum) in order to let Webkinz/Ganz know what issues we face, it would be prudent to first know that the issues will be taken seriously, even if they can't reproduce the glitch in-house. Unless they are testing in a real user environment (which we are), then they will not get all of the glitches we are experiencing. They also would need to test an account on each server to make sure that all the programming was functioning the same on each server (I highly doubt that they ever do this). We are the ones doing this for them. They should treat our problems as major concerns, even if they are not able to reproduce the problems in-house.

SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: