Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 10:18 PM   #61
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Webkinz Creative Director Addresses Inaccuracies in "Interesting Conversation" Article!

Thank you, Justin for following through with this information. I have to agree with kh4173 though that the only clear answer to the original post is the recess issue.
Desty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2009, 11:53 PM   #62
FathomlessAbyss

FathomlessAbyss is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Webkinz Creative Director Addresses Inaccuracies in "Interesting Conversation" Article!

I have to say... this quote really bothers me:
"Priorities for bug fixes are created by myself along with our lead project manager only, and I can assure all our members that we never said that these issues are not important."

This response is completely unsuitable. It doesn't really matter if the Ganz staff never said these issues were important because that was never the point. Bottom line is that these bug fixes ARE prioritized yet some games like Bingoz and Jellybean Challenge remain unfixed for months. Therefore, these bug fixes are either low priority (or "not a priority at this time" as reported in Mel's post), or they are unfixable. Is that the logical conclusion Ganz wants us to walk away with?

Thanks for this thread, though-- it does feel like they are reading this site and at least paying attention to their base.
FathomlessAbyss is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:57 AM   #63
I ♥

joey is on a distinguished road

Hmm. Well, I never got any of my gems back. I traded with 5 pets before I noticed, and I know i lost over 20 gems.
joey is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:16 AM   #64
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

WELL, im glad he got back to you justin. at least that is something.................... i jsut wish he had said more. at least we got the recess answer, so we know how it is supposed to work now. thanks for posting the converstation for us to read.................... i hope you can press him for weekly chats with you. that really might keep his employees happy and his customers happy, and in the long run himself happy. i think the idea about the thread in wi for reporting of glitches would be wonderful............................
BASMAT is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:24 AM   #65
Diabetes Awareness
Gifted

muffy is a splendid one to beholdmuffy is a splendid one to beholdmuffy is a splendid one to beholdmuffy is a splendid one to behold

I didn't see anything about the jellybean challenge glitch. Will that be fixed also? Thanks

Last edited by muffy; 06-16-2009 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: wrong title for game
muffy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:24 AM   #66

Floyd Pink will become famous soon enough

Why the anonymity with Ganz employees that folks talk to?

I don't care what their names are, but it appears that it's Ganz' intention is to never reveal themselves. Is this the case, or is it simply that no one has bothered to ask for names?

There's no accountability. I read titles like Creative Director and Lead Project Manager ... may be the same person for all we know. WW may be created, programmed and run off the servers of a lone person.

I guess my point is, the Ganz people (person?) are determined to keep a distance, or wall, between them and the playing customers. The one programmer will fix the flaws when he gets to them. An occasional report coming out of Ganz (for example, this recent conversation with the person calling himself Creative Director) looks to me as an attempt to simply shut us up.

Am I being too cynical?
Floyd Pink is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:29 AM   #67

nicolee1978 is a WI addict!
nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!nicolee1978 is a WI addict!

i have just one question................ why did it take ganz so long to get back to us??? i expected more than that. i feel like i'm being snowed. if it wasn't for WI i would not even have a clue on 90% of the problems i've encountered. ganz is not giving customers the respect and information we deserve. thank you WI. i'm grateful for all the help. but ganz needs to step up to the plate and do their share of the helping too.
nicolee1978 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:29 AM   #68
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by kh4173
While I appreciate the fact that the creative director took the time to address the original article and “correct inaccuracies” , I am feeling quite unsatisfied at his response. <snip>

So, rather than be one to do nothing but gripe about the issues, and now that we know that a creative director reviews WI – at least on occasion – I propose we create a new thread that is specifically for The Creative Director and Lead Project Manager to review. This thread would need to be closely monitored to keep every day chatter off of it so that the issues can be clearly identified and addressed. This thread could be broken out by section, and could even offer somewhere to post friendly suggestions.

I’m still fairly new to WI, but would be happy to work with “the powers that be” to create and monitor such a thread. Thoughts?
Great Analysis (click the arrow on the quote to see the original post) and I too would love to know how we can go about informing the CD of issues....
Jarrah is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:50 AM   #69
a wee bit
Gifted

kigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledgekigz flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by kh4173
While I appreciate the fact that the creative director took the time to address the original article and “correct inaccuracies” , I am feeling quite unsatisfied at his response. The original article listed several things within WW that they were experiencing problems with;

The Jellybean Challenge - Not addressed by The Creative Director

Bingoz – He simply said they would look into it.

Rare (Medieval) Table – He says he doesn’t know what is meant by the “rare trophy table” and would welcome additional information. If his response is to the original post of the conversation between Mel and the customer service supervisor, that post says “Rare (Medieval) Table”.

Zumwhere Challenges – Not addressed by the Creative Director

Recess – This was the one item he addressed to my satisfaction.

Gem Hunt (Doug the Dog) – While he delivered good news confirming that multiple pets could visit Dough each day, he didn’t address Mel’s specific issue about getting the same prize (ice cream) each day. He simply said he wasn’t aware of ongoing issues with the game and said he welcomes more information if there is an issue. Again, had he checked Mel’s original post, which is what prompted him to respond, he would see what the issue is and could have – should have – addressed it.

Something else to note; His response under item 3 about Doug the Dog and the missing gems being returned, indicates that he has a WW account of his own. Direct quote from his response - **” The taken gems were returned on Tuesday (I got mine back too).”**

If he in fact has an account of his own, how can he be unaware of the many issues within WW?

So, rather than be one to do nothing but gripe about the issues, and now that we know that a creative director reviews WI – at least on occasion – I propose we create a new thread that is specifically for The Creative Director and Lead Project Manager to review. This thread would need to be closely monitored to keep every day chatter off of it so that the issues can be clearly identified and addressed. This thread could be broken out by section, and could even offer somewhere to post friendly suggestions.

I’m still fairly new to WI, but would be happy to work with “the powers that be” to create and monitor such a thread. Thoughts?
LOVE that idea!! Then if he/she is a member, it will be super easy for them to find the current issues people are encountering. What a great diagnostic tool that would be! I bet it would eliminate a lot of there having to "test" a lot of senarios in order to create a fix.
kigz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:43 AM   #70
Gifted
ladywine is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by kandeekane
The whole purpose of a trophy is to show that YOU won it. Getting a trophy from someone else defeats the purpose of Webkinz awarding trophies. I support Ganz in the philosophy of one per account and not being able to trade or kinzpost them, otherwise you would have people winning them multiple times and selling and trading them which I think is totally inappropriate. A trophy is something that shows how well the person that earned it is doing, not to sell to other people. How proud can a person be if they buy trophies? As far as using them to decorate, again they are not a "decoration" they are an award given to someone that has EARNED it. How many people go out and buy bowling trophies or soccer trophies? My son has 4 trophies that he got while in karate. He worked very hard to earn those 4 trophies and had to get up in front of hundreds of people and compete for them. He is very proud of all his hard work that he did in training to earn those trophies. How much would they mean if all he had to do was go buy them or if his friend gave them to him after his friend trained, competed and won them? Just wouldn't mean the same thing. So my suggestion to you is to work harder at whatever trophy that you want and earn one for yourself and think of some other decorating ideas. Because that's not what a trophy is all about. Good Luck. :cdee::easter::abn::bt:
Wow, KandeeKane, I'm impressed that you take your virtual trophies so seriously. My children have also won some trophies IRL, and they also value them, but we're talking about virtual trophies here, for silly online games that, quite honestly, there are other versions of on other websites where I can and do play them for no trophy. I play eager beaver because I enjoy the game and I have won trophies on all the accounts I have access to. I still play it because I like the game. If I want to use trophies to decorate with, it is my business and there's no reason I can't wish to put a bamboo break trophy in my Asian themed room and another one in my trophy room and even another one in my greenhouse. I'd love to be able to spend more time in WW playing that new racing game so that I could improve my skills and win a car trophy to place in my garage room, because it would look really nice there, just like the multiple cash cow trophies I've won. But between taking care of my kids and taking care of my house and all the other things I need to do as an adult, I think of the time I spend in WW as relaxation and really don't want to "work harder" to get one...I'd much rather trade for it and play the games I enjoy during the little bit of free time I have each day.
ladywine is offline Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: