Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 07:42 PM   #51
Favorite wackyauntie
Gifted

AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness
AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Webkinz Creative Director Addresses Inaccuracies in "Interesting Conversation" Article!

Hi everyone,
Thank you, Justin, for your efforts to get the Creative Director to respond to some of the topics from Mell's thread! I hope that the CD is open to an exchange of information to improve the quality of the programming in Webkinz World. It seems to be more of a challenge when there is a new feature or a rewrite of an exsiting one. My observation is that this WI community does really care about the Webkinz system and would like to participate in the improvement and growth of Webkinz World. There are many adults who are advocates for the children that are not yet able to report problems in an understandable way.

View Post Originally Posted by Irish Blues
RE: "all taken gems have been returned"

That's not true. Two of my girls lost all of their Zincoz Zingoz on the Saturday after Doug appeared - and since that point, if they collect another one they do not get credit for it. It means that one of my girls cannot finish a Crown of Wonder, as she currently has every other gem except for the [currently missing] Zincoz Zingoz.
The same thing happened on my goddaughter's account. Ganz has received two "contact us" notes and three phone calls about her account for a problem on this same date (May 30) and with this same gem (Zingoz Zincoz). On Saturday May 30, the Doug game said that there were 0 Zingoz Zincoz when there were 4. These 4 Zingoz Zingcoz were stolen from her account. They have not been returned. Who needs to be contacted to get this fixed?

There have been other bugs in this Doug game. One was the total number of a particular gem going into a negative balance because of trading on "credit". I did call customer service, but the bug continued. Finally I figured out what the logic needed to be to fix the bug. After I sent my suggestion for the fix through the "Contact Us" form, the problem was solved. Did my logic suggestion give the programmers what they needed to fix the bug? I don't know. I'm just glad that it seems fixed.

Other members of Webkinz Insider have reported Doug game bugs by calling the hotline or sending "contact us" reports. One is when Doug says that a person has 0 of a gem when there are is a positive number of that gem that shows in the gem box. A second is when some people are "stuck" on the same prize day after day. The person using the same pet does not advance past the first day's prize of Rocky Road ice cream. Are there other Doug game bugs? What is the status of getting fixes?

The customer service representatives say they are passing the information along to the technical team. I can only wonder why the Creative Director said in point #3 "The taken gems were returned on Tuesday. I am unaware of any issues of Doug the Dog since that time. Again I welcome more information about this, if there is an issue."

It would be helpful for us to have a section to list the current status of program bugs. Kudos to those who have mentioned this! In some cases, there could be a "work around" listed. For example, there are some Kinzville Academy classes where you need to wait for the cow to blink her eyes and wiggle her ears before saying "yes" to begin the class. Otherwise a directions window pops up and covers the game. It is not possible to close this directions window in order to play the game. It causes a fail and the loss of 50 kinzcash.

This potential bug status section could be checked by the Creative Director or Lead Project Manager. When there is a new fix or "work around", they could tell us. Also, they could corrrect us if we are not following the steps we should be and therefore causing a problem. The communication could be improved.

It may even improve the speed of the corrections. Many of the members in this forum are experts in their special areas of Webkinz World. They would have insights into what the bugs are in their area of expertise. Every day I see members offer helpful suggestions to other members. These expereinced members could be scouts and testers to help improve the Webkinz experience for everyone.

AuntietoEW
AuntietoEW is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2009, 07:52 PM   #52
Gifted

KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!KLDKinzMom is the bees knees!

Donation Award 
Default Re: Webkinz Creative Director Addresses Inaccuracies in "Interesting Conversation" Article!

I agree it would be helpful if there was a section for us to post our issues with Doug. On my son's account, every time he visits Doug and he's looking for the unicorn horn, it shows up as -3 gems when he actually has 2 gems when we look in the box. My son only takes the one pet to Doug and only once a day does he try. I've called customer service regarding this issue. It's disappointing to hear that these messages are not being given to the creative director. I don't recall ever having a problem with this account until this week so maybe when they put the stolen gems back into the box, they still do not register with Doug. This is just a guess as I don't even know if gems were stolen from this account and if they were what they were. But we only had this issue this week.
KLDKinzMom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #53
Webkinz :)

dukedevils is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for keeping us informed
dukedevils is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #54
mlh
ow! She's a Webkinz!

mlh can ride a flying orange
mlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orangemlh can ride a flying orange

View Post Originally Posted by bigtoe
Thank you to the Webkinz Creative Director for taking the time to address the issues listed specifically with Webkinz Insider. It is wonderful to see that Ganz does care about any problems we may be having.

Thank you for allowing multiple pets on one account to have access to Doug on a daily basis! I am really having a lot of fun finding Doug!

Thank you to Justin and all the other WI folks for providing all of us with this forum.

To "mel" who posted the original conversational highlights he/she had with the Webkinz customer service person - thank you for providing us with the original information. I have found myself feeling sorry for you the last few days as the discrepencies given to you were found to be incorrect. I find it important to tell you that I believe you were given the information you wrote; apparently the customer service person had some misunderstandings which were passed along to you. I truly hope you are not feeling bad about any of this!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your information.

Boy, I agree with every single word you wrote! Thanks, Creative Director, thanks Justin and all of WI, hugs to Mel!
mlh is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #55
Falling for

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

Since the Creative Director is requesting information on further problems with Doug, please let him know I am VERY dissatisfied with Doug giving out cash ($100 is the usual amount) in exchange for gems. My family assumes if they have the gems Doug wants, they will receive a prize, not money. If we want to exchange gems for money we can do it with Arte, and we are informed what dollar amount we will be receiving before the trade!! This has happened on 3 separate accounts at least 4 times in the past week. The other day Doug took two gems (1 common and 1 uncommon) from a youngster and gave her $100 in return, which is probably not what she would have received from Arte.

At this point, my household is not trading with Doug until the cash problem is fixed and I intend to contact Ganz customer service about this problem tomorrow.

Thanks for listening!

View Post Originally Posted by kandeekane
The whole purpose of a trophy is to show that YOU won it. Getting a trophy from someone else defeats the purpose of Webkinz awarding trophies. I support Ganz in the philosophy of one per account and not being able to trade or kinzpost them, otherwise you would have people winning them multiple times and selling and trading them which I think is totally inappropriate. A trophy is something that shows how well the person that earned it is doing, not to sell to other people. How proud can a person be if they buy trophies? As far as using them to decorate, again they are not a "decoration" they are an award given to someone that has EARNED it. How many people go out and buy bowling trophies or soccer trophies? My son has 4 trophies that he got while in karate. He worked very hard to earn those 4 trophies and had to get up in front of hundreds of people and compete for them. He is very proud of all his hard work that he did in training to earn those trophies. How much would they mean if all he had to do was go buy them or if his friend gave them to him after his friend trained, competed and won them? Just wouldn't mean the same thing. So my suggestion to you is to work harder at whatever trophy that you want and earn one for yourself and think of some other decorating ideas. Because that's not what a trophy is all about. Good Luck. :cdee::easter::abn::bt:
I understand most of what you're saying. However, as you said, your son has 4 bowling trophies! If he's good at bowling, he deserves to receive more than 1 trophy and so do we! Many of us work very hard to master a game and if we can win it more than once, than why can't we have more than one trophy?! I think this is stingy on the part of Ganz and they should stop it.
(P.S. I see trophies for sale in garage sales all the time LOL)

Last edited by GrandBlancGirls; 06-15-2009 at 09:03 PM..
GrandBlancGirls is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:07 PM   #56
Call me Bo!

Bobophie98 has a reputation beyond reputeBobophie98 has a reputation beyond reputeBobophie98 has a reputation beyond reputeBobophie98 has a reputation beyond reputeBobophie98 has a reputation beyond reputeBobophie98 has a reputation beyond repute

I like what you wrote Mell. You are a compassionate and caring person to think of the man you spoke with so that he does not get into trouble. That was wonderful.

The CD sounds like he is glazing over this. I do not feel the statement provided by the CD addressed my account because I still do not have any of my stolen gems back, and have not gotten my 2nd recess and I take Grooming class. What he replied with is not informative to me.

MELL SHOULD BE THE GANZ CREATIVE DIRECTOR.
MELL SHOULD BE THE GO TO PERSON BETWEEN GANZ AND WI.

Mell spoke with great words and great note taking all the while being fair to her supervisors words and Ganz. She cared enough to help the rest of us and try to make it a better experience for all of us.
Thank you Mell for starting all this because you just needed some help on your family's accounts.
Because of you Mell, I may be able to play Jellybean again. Because of you Mell, I may win Bingo sometime. Because of you Mell, I may be getting my gems back sometime. Thank you Mell.

Now the rest of us will enjoy a better experience because of YOU Mell!
Thanks Mell!
Bobophie98 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #57
Falling for

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by RibbitRibbit
This is a FANTASTIC idea! Since the creative director obviously looks at WI, we should have a place for him to look and see exactly what problems WW users are having. Obviously, the methods they have now for members reporting problems are not effective because some problems have been going on for months now. Thanks again, kh4173/pink5diva, for the wonderful idea.
I totally agree with you Ribbit and I gave REP to kh4173/pink5diva for bring it up. It's a fantastic idea for keeping the Creative Director up-to-date about current glitches in WW.
GrandBlancGirls is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:21 PM   #58
my dogs babies r

eyeluvdogs5 has much to be proud ofeyeluvdogs5 has much to be proud ofeyeluvdogs5 has much to be proud ofeyeluvdogs5 has much to be proud ofeyeluvdogs5 has much to be proud of

Donation Award 

Regarding what the "Creative Director" Said:
2) In response to the original post, we have done testing to confirm that yes, Cooking and Grooming DO count towards your Recess. That said - we ARE aware that some members are not getting their Recess as expected. This appears to be happening primarily on our European and Asian accounts. This is a priority issue that is being dealt with.

I have an American account and I expected Recess a couple a days ago after I took my one pet to school. (doing 2 regular classes and one Grooming) I thought maybe I was off a day until I took my second pet to school and after one regular class I earned Recess!

I always do 6-7 classes in total everyday so I have not been "off" on my expected day yet. I just discovered the "why" it wasn't until my second pet finished one class I earned recess.

I am sure it could really effect those who do only take one pet a day though and for them I am sorry.
eyeluvdogs5 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:25 PM   #59

knittinjo is a name known to allknittinjo is a name known to allknittinjo is a name known to all

Facts, Facts, I love the FACTS, and in some cases what is represented as, thought to be facts, my thanks too Mel. Since the director seems willing to set things straight, and Justin you like to do the same. Do you think he might want to have a conversation, say once a week to address issues. He is paying attention, can we capitalize on that good will? I don't know much about threads and topic areas and such, but a place for him, does he have a name? We have all been made to feel welcome here. I would welcome a member of WW staff here to see how we handle his product. Just some random thoughts.
knittinjo is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:27 PM   #60
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

Thanks so much for the update..very glad to see that Ganz monitors WI..sorry for the employees..seems to be a lack of interanal memos going around..and Ganz needs to insure that the reps are aware of the very latest info..this would help on both consumer and product sides..and I think remove so much high blood pressure and frustration all the way around...Positve results are what ALL of us are looking for and too..the shortest way to that end!!
TNVOLS is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: