Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #41
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Default Re: Webkinz Creative Director Addresses Inaccuracies in "Interesting Conversation" Article!

View Post Originally Posted by kandeekane
The whole purpose of a trophy is to show that YOU won it. Getting a trophy from someone else defeats the purpose of Webkinz awarding trophies. I support Ganz in the philosophy of one per account and not being able to trade or kinzpost them, otherwise you would have people winning them multiple times and selling and trading them which I think is totally inappropriate. A trophy is something that shows how well the person that earned it is doing, not to sell to other people. How proud can a person be if they buy trophies? As far as using them to decorate, again they are not a "decoration" they are an award given to someone that has EARNED it. How many people go out and buy bowling trophies or soccer trophies? My son has 4 trophies that he got while in karate. He worked very hard to earn those 4 trophies and had to get up in front of hundreds of people and compete for them. He is very proud of all his hard work that he did in training to earn those trophies. How much would they mean if all he had to do was go buy them or if his friend gave them to him after his friend trained, competed and won them? Just wouldn't mean the same thing. So my suggestion to you is to work harder at whatever trophy that you want and earn one for yourself and think of some other decorating ideas. Because that's not what a trophy is all about. Good Luck. :cdee::easter::abn::bt:

I value your opinion, but mine is different!

If this is how WW is looking at it, then why can you trade your stadium trophies? It is very hard to win some of those competitions, and now you can gift and trade those trophies.

I would like to see all of the trophies be able to be gifted or traded.

I would also like to win more than one trophy per account for all of the games.

I also do not like the idea of random trophies if they are only going to let us win one trophy per account for a game (like Bamboo Break). I stopped playing that game because after winning the game over 50 times and not getting a trophy for my niece's account, it is just frustrating and not fun at all anymore. If I won a trophy in her account, then I would still play the game because it would be fun (and not frustrating anymore, because I would have already won the trophy and there would be no disappointment after finishing the game).
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #42
Loonie1212 is a jewel in the roughLoonie1212 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Webkinz Creative Director Addresses Inaccuracies in "Interesting Conversation" Article!

View Post Originally Posted by kh4173
While I appreciate the fact that the creative director took the time to address the original article and “correct inaccuracies” , I am feeling quite unsatisfied at his response. The original article listed several things within WW that they were experiencing problems with;

The Jellybean Challenge - Not addressed by The Creative Director

Bingoz – He simply said they would look into it.

Rare (Medieval) Table – He says he doesn’t know what is meant by the “rare trophy table” and would welcome additional information. If his response is to the original post of the conversation between Mel and the customer service supervisor, that post says “Rare (Medieval) Table”.

Zumwhere Challenges – Not addressed by the Creative Director

Recess – This was the one item he addressed to my satisfaction.

Gem Hunt (Doug the Dog) – While he delivered good news confirming that multiple pets could visit Dough each day, he didn’t address Mel’s specific issue about getting the same prize (ice cream) each day. He simply said he wasn’t aware of ongoing issues with the game and said he welcomes more information if there is an issue. Again, had he checked Mel’s original post, which is what prompted him to respond, he would see what the issue is and could have – should have – addressed it.

Something else to note; His response under item 3 about Doug the Dog and the missing gems being returned, indicates that he has a WW account of his own. Direct quote from his response - **” The taken gems were returned on Tuesday (I got mine back too).”**

If he in fact has an account of his own, how can he be unaware of the many issues within WW?

So, rather than be one to do nothing but gripe about the issues, and now that we know that a creative director reviews WI – at least on occasion – I propose we create a new thread that is specifically for The Creative Director and Lead Project Manager to review. This thread would need to be closely monitored to keep every day chatter off of it so that the issues can be clearly identified and addressed. This thread could be broken out by section, and could even offer somewhere to post friendly suggestions.

I’m still fairly new to WI, but would be happy to work with “the powers that be” to create and monitor such a thread. Thoughts?
The Creative Director needs to read this post.

Is that all he actually said? I believe that is true. What about the other stuff??? And the post was pulled because of the inaccuracies he stated? Seemed to be way overkill even though I do understand WI should stay on WW good side. Thank you for getting part of the information from them.

Signed still confused and unsatisfied by WW response not.
- Loon
Loonie1212 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #43
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Another issue that needs to be looked into is "Member of the Day". Why give a trophy for being "Member of the Day" to an account that doesn't have their "My Page" set up? When the "Member of the Day" was introduced, it was supposed to be for people who had their "My Page" set up. A lot of them do have it set up, but there are also a lot who don't have "My Page" set up. There have also been times where "Member of the Day" was awarded to an inactive or expired account. There needs to be better programming for "Member of the Day". Maybe add a "button" that says "Click here if you want to be "Member of the Day"" and then the next day, the "Member of the Day" can be chosen from those who clicked the button! Why give the "Member of the Day" honor to someone who doesn't even care about it!?
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:12 PM   #44
4u2nvme2
Gifted

4u2nvme2 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by sydney88
Thank you WI creative director for setting the record straight.

My only problem with Doug right now is all the Kinz Cash I am receiving! My two pets on my account received Kinz Cash two days in a row! I am extremely disappointed that I did not receive the four prizes I should have received. If I wanted Kinz Cash for my gems I would sell them to Arte, not Doug!
Well said sydney88. I totally agree with you. I can get cash by selling them. Why give us something we can get every time we find a gem. I want the item not cash. I think this should be removed from the game. This was real upsetting for my DD when she got this. It cost her gems that could have been used to get her items.
4u2nvme2 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #45
Gifted
Irish Blues will become famous soon enough

RE: "all taken gems have been returned"

That's not true. Two of my girls lost all of their Zincoz Zingoz on the Saturday after Doug appeared - and since that point, if they collect another one they do not get credit for it. It means that one of my girls cannot finish a Crown of Wonder, as she currently has every other gem except for the [currently missing] Zincoz Zingoz.
Irish Blues is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:37 PM   #46
One Just Ducky
Gift Guru

luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!
luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!

Donation Award 

Doug keeps telling me that I don't have certain gems, when I do have them.

Plus, today, when I checked my gem box many high end gems that I had and Doug has not asked for are gone. Whatever they are doing to fix this whole gem trade game seems to be making things worse.

Click the image to open in full size.
Webbies Playing Peoplekinz
luvwebkinz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:59 PM   #47
ebkinz are fun!
Gift Guru

Shanti has a reputation beyond reputeShanti has a reputation beyond reputeShanti has a reputation beyond reputeShanti has a reputation beyond reputeShanti has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having problems with my unicorn horn gems -- I have two, but it always says -2 and if I try to trade, Doug says "sorry, you don't have the gems I need" and I'm shut out.

I called Ganz today, they said they were working on it ...
Shanti is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:06 PM   #48

RibbitRibbit has a spectacular aura about

I propose we create a new thread that is specifically for The Creative Director and Lead Project Manager to review. This thread would need to be closely monitored to keep every day chatter off of it so that the issues can be clearly identified and addressed. This thread could be broken out by section, and could even offer somewhere to post friendly suggestions.

This is a FANTASTIC idea! Since the creative director obviously looks at WI, we should have a place for him to look and see exactly what problems WW users are having. Obviously, the methods they have now for members reporting problems are not effective because some problems have been going on for months now. Thanks again, kh4173/pink5diva, for the wonderful idea.
RibbitRibbit is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #49

catlady82467 will become famous soon enough

While I appreciate the fact that the creative director took the time to address the original article and “correct inaccuracies” , I am feeling quite unsatisfied at his response. The original article listed several things within WW that they were experiencing problems with;

The Jellybean Challenge - Not addressed by The Creative Director

Bingoz – He simply said they would look into it.

Rare (Medieval) Table – He says he doesn’t know what is meant by the “rare trophy table” and would welcome additional information. If his response is to the original post of the conversation between Mel and the customer service supervisor, that post says “Rare (Medieval) Table”.

Zumwhere Challenges – Not addressed by the Creative Director

Recess – This was the one item he addressed to my satisfaction.

Gem Hunt (Doug the Dog) – While he delivered good news confirming that multiple pets could visit Dough each day, he didn’t address Mel’s specific issue about getting the same prize (ice cream) each day. He simply said he wasn’t aware of ongoing issues with the game and said he welcomes more information if there is an issue. Again, had he checked Mel’s original post, which is what prompted him to respond, he would see what the issue is and could have – should have – addressed it.

Something else to note; His response under item 3 about Doug the Dog and the missing gems being returned, indicates that he has a WW account of his own. Direct quote from his response - **” The taken gems were returned on Tuesday (I got mine back too).”**

If he in fact has an account of his own, how can he be unaware of the many issues within WW?

So, rather than be one to do nothing but gripe about the issues, and now that we know that a creative director reviews WI – at least on occasion – I propose we create a new thread that is specifically for The Creative Director and Lead Project Manager to review. This thread would need to be closely monitored to keep every day chatter off of it so that the issues can be clearly identified and addressed. This thread could be broken out by section, and could even offer somewhere to post friendly suggestions.

I’m still fairly new to WI, but would be happy to work with “the powers that be” to create and monitor such a thread. Thoughts?
catlady82467 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #50

catlady82467 will become famous soon enough

my apology,

my response to the post about starting a thread about problems got lost some how.

Anyway, I agree and think the idea of starting a new thread for the director would be a great idea and would be willing to help out in some way if need be. I to have been having a problem with the Jelly bean challange since some time in April. I also have a problem with the Quizzy Blast but if I log out and log in again it loads and allows me to play with out a problem (not so with Jellybean challange).

Just wondering while we're discussing problems, has Quizzy's WhizKinz been disabled or am is it just me? I have completed all of the questions in all ages and catagories in Quizzy's (including all the past calander months) but I'm unable to access whizkinz. Am I perhaps missing something or is there also a glitch with this game?

Thank you to everyone who works so hard to bring us all the great information they do. This is a great group of people.
catlady82467 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: