Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #91
PLUS THREE
Gift Guru

Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great
Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great

Default Re: Webkinz Creative Director Addresses Inaccuracies in "Interesting Conversation" Article!

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
I loved your idea and Ganz likes it too. I have been meaning to put the finishing touches on our Knowledgebase/Wiki here at WI and this development will give me the extra motivation to finish. We will have an official, go-to content piece that will serve as an official bug report from users at WI. It will be similar to the articles that we write on the front page... An official article, with a comment thread attached to it. This content-type, however, will also have a "revisions" tab (so Ganz can keep track of what was added, removed or changed) and a certain class of users will have the permissions to edit the main content piece, not just one thread-owner!
Sounds like we are always giving you too much motivation Hope you have time left for real life. All kidding aside I think that would be a wonderful idea. It seems something like what was started with Kookeys but as long as Ganz takes the time to seriously consider the real complaints and follow through in keeping us updated as too their progress everyone will be much happier. Thank you so much Justin
Gram2Four is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #92
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Default Re: Webkinz Creative Director Addresses Inaccuracies in "Interesting Conversation" Article!

View Post Originally Posted by kh4173
I think the thread for the CD needs to be treated very seriously. I worry that it will become nothing but a place where members gripe about the issues and where we see a lot of repeated complaints. So, I hope I don’t make too many enemies when I say I think we need to limit who can post directly to the thread, much like you have done with the gift exchange. I haven’t reached the requirements to request acceptance to the gift exchange, much less become a member, so I don’t know what happens once you are accepted, but the idea to limit access and be approved before being accepted should be used for this new thread. This is just my opinion.

I both agree and disagree! I think that anyone should be able to post problems they are facing, and then maybe the ones that Ganz needs to look at more seriously should be stickied at the top of the forum. I am sure that Justin has thought about this a lot and he will come up with something that allows the best communication between WI and Webkinz/Ganz! He probably has a whole different format that we haven't even thought of yet!
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #93
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

I loved your idea and Ganz likes it too. I have been meaning to put the finishing touches on our Knowledgebase/Wiki here at WI and this development will give me the extra motivation to finish. We will have an official, go-to content piece that will serve as an official bug report from users at WI. It will be similar to the articles that we write on the front page... An official article, with a comment thread attached to it. This content-type, however, will also have a "revisions" tab (so Ganz can keep track of what was added, removed or changed) and a certain class of users will have the permissions to edit the main content piece, not just one thread-owner!
Wonderful! It will be fascinating to see how this works.
Jarrah is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:00 PM   #94
My kids think I'm
Gifted

MAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guide

I think a constructive place to post troubles with WW would be great! But I agree it should be monitored carefully!
MAMA5517 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:27 AM   #95
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

justin im so happy to hear that ganz is up on the idea to have a place here on wi for us to communicate our problems to. and im not surrprised that you embraced it either. believe it or not. i can pledge to you i am not a ganz basher but i believe in being honest about things. i can pledge that i will not disrespect ganz in my postings to them if i report a glitch or problem. only if someone disrespects me or gets nasty with me will i act that way. i think this is WONDERFUL. thank you justin. i cant wait to see what you come up with. THANK YOU.
BASMAT is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:50 AM   #96

CrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to beholdCrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to beholdCrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to beholdCrimsonTwilight is a splendid one to behold

Hmm...I think that communication with the CD or any other office/official within the Ganz corporation is a good thing. I've never had to deal directly with the Customer Support, so I really have no say on them except that it seems as if that office isn't effective - based on the simple fact that so many people are displeased or even angry with them.

I am also concerned, like kh4173, that a thread specifically designed for the CD would turn into a rant thread of some sort. The CD probably has a full work week as it is, and I feel that he/she is already going above and beyond by communicating with WI and reading the forums here. Not that I'm saying they shouldn't do that - I fully appreciate the hard work and effort! What I'm saying is, the CD shouldn't need to look through pages upon pages of rants that may or may not be fully thought-out, just in order to find the actual problems/feedback to address.

I also think that if there is a thread area for the CD, it shouldn't just contain our problems - but also things that we really like about the Webkinz site. Let's let Ganz know what we like as well as what we dislike so that they can create a better experience for their customers! Right?

Otherwise - there is always the option to send Ganz a message though their own site.
CrimsonTwilight is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #97
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by kh4173
I think the thread for the CD needs to be treated very seriously. I worry that it will become nothing but a place where members gripe about the issues and where we see a lot of repeated complaints. So, I hope I don’t make too many enemies when I say I think we need to limit who can post directly to the thread, much like you have done with the gift exchange. I haven’t reached the requirements to request acceptance to the gift exchange, much less become a member, so I don’t know what happens once you are accepted, but the idea to limit access and be approved before being accepted should be used for this new thread.
This "thread" will be different than anything you've seen on WI (from a user-created perspective). It will be similar to the front page articles, in which there is a main content page, with thread attached to it in a separate forum. A new (and very limited) user class will be allowed to edit the main content page, which will also be mirrored to the first post in the related thread.

There could be 1,273,327,281 posts on the thread, but the Creative Director and technical team will be instructed to only read the main content page, as it would be updated frequently (by admins, mods or the new user class) with confirmed issues. They will also be able to quickly click a "revisions" tab at the top of the content page to see what has been changed since they last visited, instead of having to read through the full content page if they are short on time. They would not need to waste their time sorting through rants, raves or suggestions on what Webkinz to make next.
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:06 PM   #98
Slytherin for this

Baby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

This "thread" will be different than anything you've seen on WI (from a user-created perspective). It will be similar to the front page articles, in which there is a main content page, with thread attached to it in a separate forum. A new (and very limited) user class will be allowed to edit the main content page, which will also be mirrored to the first post in the related thread.

There could be 1,273,327,281 posts on the thread, but the Creative Director and technical team will be instructed to only read the main content page, as it would be updated frequently (by admins, mods or the new user class) with confirmed issues. They will also be able to quickly click a "revisions" tab at the top of the content page to see what has been changed since they last visited, instead of having to read through the full content page if they are short on time. They would not need to waste their time sorting through rants, raves or suggestions on what Webkinz to make next.
I think that would be a great thing but will it only be Gifted or GG who have that "job"? I think it would be nice to let us Webkinz try this one out Also how are you going to pick them?
Baby252 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #99
PLUS THREE
Gift Guru

Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great
Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great

Justin, that is a fantastic idea, it will help Ganz get to the problems faster. Also everyone will have a place to post their complaints in a different thread. I know it is hard to keep reading the same complaints over and over but at least we will know there are many experiencing the same problem. Hopefully everyone will just keep it to problems and not other topics
Gram2Four is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:46 PM   #100
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Baby252
I think that would be a great thing but will it only be Gifted or GG who have that "job"? I think it would be nice to let us Webkinz try this one out Also how are you going to pick them?
It will be much more selective than that. Initially, this user class will only contain 2 or 3 members.
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: