Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 01:29 PM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default Webkinz Creative Director Addresses Inaccuracies in "Interesting Conversation" Article!

A new front page story has been added:

Webkinz Creative Director Addresses Inaccuracies in "Interesting Conversation" Article!

Click the image to open in full size.A little background to catch you all up. Late last week, we published an article containing the details of a long conversation that one of our Webkinz Forum members had with a Webkinz Customer Support Supervisor -- Webkinz Member has Interesting Conversation with Webkinz Supervisor. This article quickly became one of the most popular we've had on WI in some time, but later that evening, we were contacted by Ganz informing us of numerous inaccuracies in what the member had been told. In order to allow Ganz to address the inaccuracies and give accurate information to our readers, we pulled the original article and asked Ganz to help us set the record straight.

The Creative Director for Ganz's Interactive Division (Webkinz) has re-contacted us here at Webkinz Insider to address and correct the inaccuracies contained in our original article which has now been republished with a note and link to this article. Here is the official statement from the Creative Director, verbatim.

1) Priorities for bug fixes are created by myself along with our lead project manager only, and I can assure all our members that we never said that these issues are not important. I will look into the issues that are mentioned in the post, particularly the Bingoz issue. I do not know what is specifically meant by the "rare trophy table" issue - so I would welcome some more information on this, or a link to the discussion about this issue.

2) In response to the original post, we have done testing to confirm that yes, Cooking and Grooming DO count towards your Recess. That said - we ARE aware that some members are not getting their Recess as expected. This appears to be happening primarily on our European and Asian accounts. This is a priority issue that is being dealt with.

3) While I can not go into the Doug the Dog issue in detail, the issues after release were strictly due to a programming problem. Our team worked very diligently and fixed the issue within 24 hours. The taken gems were returned on Tuesday (I got mine back too). I am unaware of any issues in Doug the Dog since that time. Again I welcome more information about this, if there is an issue. A quick note about 2nd (and more) pets playing Doug the Dog. The challenge was actually originally intended to be once per day per account. After seeing how much our members were enjoying it though, I decided to leave it in.
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
Elephantboy42
Gifted
Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!Elephantboy42 is not just visiting!

Default Re: Webkinz Creative Director Addresses Inaccuracies in "Interesting Conversation" Article!

Thank you for bring this to our attention Justin, and thank you WW creative director for setting things strait and everything you do for the kids and adults who play!
Elephantboy42 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
Webkinz :)

teacher13 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Webkinz Creative Director Addresses Inaccuracies in "Interesting Conversation" Article!

This is fantastic information. Thanks for setting the record straight.
teacher13 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
Charis01
Gift Guru

Me2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud of

Thank you to WI and to the creative director for setting the record straight. Now if they could just send this article to all the help desk employees maybe everyone will finally be on the same page.
Me2Me2 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:43 PM   #5
Lil Kinz
DavidMami is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the information! As a journalism major, I appreciate the way you handled this situation!
DavidMami is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #6
Webkinz :)

fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!

As always Justin--GREAT JOB on helping to get to the bottom of things.

Also--THANK YOU "Creative Director" at Ganz for realizing that we DO EARN our gems in GEM HUNT and do enjoy swapping our gems for prizes. Also, many of us HAVE realized---or ARE realizing that the MORE pets that are TRADING with Doug on the same account, the HARDER it will be to GET those prizes.

I DO so hope that the rest of the "bugs" get worked out soon.....for everyone.

Again, thank you!

fluffrnuttr
fluffrnuttr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #7
So this is love
Gift Guru

sydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guide

Thank you WI and the WW creative director for setting the record straight.

My only problem with Doug right now is all the Kinz Cash I am receiving! My two pets on my account received Kinz Cash two days in a row! I am extremely disappointed that I did not receive the four prizes I should have received. If I wanted Kinz Cash for my gems I would sell them to Arte, not Doug!

Last edited by sydney88; 06-15-2009 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: spelling error
sydney88 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #8
Tigger is Great
Gift Guru

tigger2376 is sweet stuff
tigger2376 is sweet stufftigger2376 is sweet stufftigger2376 is sweet stufftigger2376 is sweet stufftigger2376 is sweet stuff

hi

i hope this message gets to the director of webkinz ,i also lost 3 pearl egg gems on my first night of playing doug the dog i telephoned webkinz from international i was on for 15 minitues to be told i won't get my gems back because there was not a problem with my account why is this ? i understand about techinal problems but why haven't i got my gems back?

for the past 4 nights doug the dog took 3 gems from each pet (2pets) from me to be given 50 kinz cash i telephoned today and was told that i should't be getting kinz cash yet i was on my wallpaper but i did'nt get it they said they would look into it and they did when i went into doug tonight i got my wallpaper (fingers crossed it's sorted ) so A BIG THANKS YOU TO WEBKINZ FOR SORTING THIS OUT FOR ME . but i would still like my pearl egg gems back

thank you
tigger2376 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #9
Gifted
ladywine is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much for the great information!

If/when someone gets a chance to speak with the creative director again, I would like to hear more about the reasoning behind making new game trophies one per account and not tradable/sendable. We all have games we are good at and games we are not good at, I like to use the trophies to decorate and would love to be able to get 1) more than one per account and 2) some of the ones I have no chance of winning myself.
ladywine is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #10
Unregistered

Smile Re: Webkinz Creative Director Addresses Inaccuracies in "Interesting Conversation" Article!

i am glad all that is finally cleared.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: