Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2008, 08:40 AM   #11
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Webkinz Contract!

Sounds to me like you and your Mom had a HUGE fight. The only time I ever made my kids sign a contract was when we didn't see eye to eye and everything had to be made perfectly clear.
The purpose of a contract is it is to be a MUTUAL BINDING AGREEMENT. A mutual binding agreement is when BOTH people have input and it is something they can BOTH live with. I can see that you are not ready to give up those five webkinz on your wish list. I can also see that your Mom is not willing to get them because of what you said. This contract is not an agreement, yet.
There have been some really excellent suggestions as to how you can go about doing this.
You could ask her if you can do extra work around the house to earn it (put your hours on the calendar and how much each hour of work is worth, an amount that the two of you agree on.) When those hours have been reached you get paid (Just like a real job). Then, you ask if you can use that money to buy the Webkinz you would like. Maybe she will see that you are willing to work for what you want.
If you don't work for it, you don't get it. Simple as that. The hours on the calendar should show if you are ready for that new Webkinz. You can also ask her if birthday and holiday money can be used for buying Webkinz, too. This way it won't be money out of her pocket, either.
If your grades are slipping because of the Webkinz, tell her you will ask for extra work at school to bring home. Do the work away from your computer so she can see you are making an honest effort. If you don't get homework, just crack the books and review what you learned that day.
If daily living and duties are being interrupted because of your obsession, you have to find a way to put that back in order. No Webkinz until all your duties are accomplished.
Help her to see that you are willing to work WITH her on this, not against her and she may 'amend' the contract so that it is a comfortable agreement between you both.
I hope this helps.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2008, 08:48 AM   #12
countrygirlie
Webkinz :)

monkeygirl141995 is on a distinguished road

I personal would wait intil my b-day, and there will be more coming in that u will wat trust me , I have changed my mind plenty of times!!!!! Or I will do chores around the house, like I have been for the past couple of days, and might be getting the lil'hippo, just like my cousin!!!

Hope this helps!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 08:51 AM   #13
I am (see below)
Gifted

deyarmoc will become famous soon enough

i don'y get it
Old 02-16-2008, 08:54 AM   #14
Gift Guru
Luckyquiggle1234 has disabled reputation

Okay, I would sign that on ONE condition. Every birthday you could get one, that way, your account will not expire.
Luckyquiggle1234 is offline Male
Old 02-16-2008, 09:00 AM   #15
hbod
Gifted

hbod is an unknown quantity at this point

oh you have a pretty hard situation All I did was try to all me webkinz away were she cant see them so it doesnt bother her and she doesnt know how much i have.... but idk if that would work becuase she is writing a contract
Old 02-16-2008, 10:12 AM   #16
i love

bridg1222 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanx for the help!
Old 02-18-2008, 07:31 AM   #17
coachmark is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by bridg1222
thanx for the help!

Let us know what happens...
Old 02-18-2008, 07:37 AM   #18
schnauzer579
Gifted

webkinzluva579 is on a distinguished road

I think we are all addicted to webkinz and we should go see one of those help classes!
Old 02-18-2008, 07:46 AM   #19
nornor4life
Banned
rosepuppy1 is on a distinguished road

how bout babysiting or an allowance
Old 02-18-2008, 07:47 AM   #20
vkcheetah

vkcheetah is an unknown quantity at this point

hey i know its pretty hard my mom and i always made a deal "NO MORE WEBKINZ but we alway winde up buying them so i have 127 i know thats pretty obsessed
favorites I have=:kanga::sch:
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: