Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #81
Webkinz :)

mollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Webkinz Communal Contest Unsucessful

View Post Originally Posted by Safire25509
Not to be rude, but I don't get why everyone is so upset about this. It was a simple mistake, and I'm sure Ganz is working hard to change it. I appreciate all the work you guys put into this, but no one forced you to work for something that was almost obviously impossible in the beginning.
Just my two cents.
I agree with you wholeheartedly!

Lots of people are asking, "What does this teach our children?" I say that it teaches our children about life --- that not everything always turns out perfectly, that sometimes we can learn from mistakes, and that we can't always expect to win.

It also teaches about a communal system. This is how it works in real life as well. The concept is that everyone works hard to achieve a common goal. The reality is that there will always be some who will work harder than others (for various reasons), but the end reward (if there is one) will be divided evenly.

I played Goober's Lab this weekend. Nobody forced me. I can't say that it was a total waste of time, because I DID receive Kinzcash every time I played.

I don't feel Ganz owes us anything. They let us vote on a prize, and they told us how many points we would need to accumulate in order to win the prize. We didn't accumulate 6 billion points. Those were the rules. Sometimes we don't win.

I've NEVER won a quick draw, a bingo game, or a jelly bean challenge. In fact, when I see Jelly Bean Challenge on the daily activities, in my mind, it says, "Click here for W10 Kinzcash." LOL
mollee84 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #82

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Tula
I would never expect Ganz to send that kinzcash just because of an error. My thought was they should have, but I can't see them doing that. As far as the new contest goes, I am a bit upset that they think good prizes for working like crazy are simple items you can purchase yourself in the Wshop. I think this contest thing is proving to be a waste of time and I am not going to participate. Hate to be negative but that is just plain silly to offer stuff from the wshop.
I think the issue is that they admitted they made the mistake and therefore, because they did they should make good on it. If they hadn't and it was a glitch, then they could do like they did with things such as Pet of the Month items and say "sorry, can't help you, and that's in your 'contract' when you purchase a pet."

The point is - it's a human error based on poor judgment, then showing poorer judgment IMHO by not awarding a compromise prize at least for their error. Then to top it off, they put up even weaker prizes for the item.

Quote:
I don't like the idea that we are creating an expectation that children should be on a computer working for hours on a virtual contest. They are kids and this should be a game for them to have fun with in free time...and thats just it..."free time." They say they have people on staff that understand the developmental levels of kids but you have to wonder sometimes with the expectations they create with participation style events.
I do agree - it's one reason I hated the idea of even 6 million points. With a game such as "Goober's lab" you are lucky to even get 18,000 points (about level 9).

Personally, I played when I could, but I had had a very long night with my job and it was the only way I could destress - letting Goober blow up stuff again.

Still, this is a disappointment and one that honestly, if they goof again, could seriously harm Ganz more than help. If they can't make good on their errors, what else should people question about their tactics?
jadewarlock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:14 PM   #83
ilovecats711
Gifted

ilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond repute

I posted my first rant in the first page of this thread. I have just read all the posts left after mine and I am more fired up then before. It is not just this single problem they did nothing to fix but all the other problems on top of this that have me angry. Some people have said ganz will fix this glitch and (no offense) my answer to that is HA! There are so many on going glitches I'm just sick. I have to reload almost everything twice not to mention log out completely because quizzy's darts and dunk the zingoz leave no alternative when they don't load. The Vacation place has been awarding air prizes for how many months now??? And did everyone forget about the trash problem? They knew it was broken, said they would fix it, made it even worse, then put it back the way it was, and because this is better no one is complaining anymore and they are off the hook. I have no children but I wouldn't let mine stay on all weekend either. I am one of those people who have spent way to much money on webkinz and deluxe and estore items just to be annoyed by the constant problems on webkinz. To be honest it's the amazing people here at wi that keep me playing. If it wasn't for wi I wouldn't even know what was going on most of the time. I don't even know how to tweet! Ganz keeps skating by with all there mistakes and does the bare minimum if anything at all to fix them. They are going to keep doing this unless we stand up for ourselves. I am not one to start problems but I think we need to ban together and make some sort of petition. Make a post listing all the glitched and messed up things on webkinz then each member post their name ( wi name or ww or something) and say " I agree" and somehow submit this to them. I wish I had thought of not voting on this new contest as a way of protest like some other members have.I was interested to see what item was most voted for.
ilovecats711 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #84
Diabetes Awareness

sindarin has a spectacular aura about

Congrats to the Members who participated, gave up their weekend time, and hit those HIGH SCORES for the Communal Contest! I played twice and had never been in Goober's Lab before.

I am HAPPY that Ganz realized their huge mistake....by that unreachable number! I won't be participating in any of their contests, where you can earn or buy the W Shop items. They do that in the Curio Shop and Deluxe option, as well. It's old and boring.

If they have cash prizes or something totally unique, then it will be worth my time.
In one day, I can earn 500 KC.

I just wish that they would get their other themes
completed, fix the glitches, and when something NEW comes out, it is worth the time
and effort.
sindarin is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #85
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Bindidog
Just like the song....so close, yet so far away.....

Yeah exactly We were Sooooo far away . It was great team work though & We did our best
mom w charm is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #86
e in DwarfWithdrawal

SoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guide

Posts about the contest and evaluating best prizes are on the Contest sub-forum.

When I saw 6 billion I felt it was unattainable.
I was surprised to see that we seemed to hit 1 billion.

I agree with all above, BUT

1. NO ONE should spend an entire weekend playing a game on the computer.
2. Don't NOT participate next week. Instead, help the little ones by:
a. Voting. Choose most resale (sofa). For each account you have.
b. Play 1 game on each account. Play more on 1 if you choose.
This will give them better stats to make more realistic goals.
And emulate people having a life. This weekend was bad many places.
Spring sports & activities are about to start up.
3. They also goofed on advertizing. WI did GREAT. But Ganz did not.
It should have been front page Kinzville Times ALL weekend.
Most younger people I know did not know about contest.
They don't log in each day - school, homework, scouts, sports...
so missed the early mention.
4. Thanks to the poster above who reminded us that Asian accounts (real locaion)
only really wound up with 3/4 of a weekend to play. 3-day, midnight F to
midnight M would be better than Sat to Mon.
5. Complain directly to them. I understand they added a feedback on WNewz
(haven't checked yet). Also use K-T comment form - next to survey.
Also vote in the survey - HONESTLY. dd voted YUCK on her accts.
And, if you can, express these problems to them on the phone.

One thing, don't forget you did get some cash, and some even got trophies.
So not completely a no-gain time.

And keep sending those thoughts out - GANZ, do the right thing!

SoccerSlave is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #87
4myalika

4myalika5 is a glorious beacon of light4myalika5 is a glorious beacon of light4myalika5 is a glorious beacon of light

I don't like this weeks contest but I do like this hope it's much easier this week.
4myalika5 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #88
Dora616
Gift Guru

All4my5girls is cool as a bunny clownAll4my5girls is cool as a bunny clownAll4my5girls is cool as a bunny clownAll4my5girls is cool as a bunny clownAll4my5girls is cool as a bunny clownAll4my5girls is cool as a bunny clownAll4my5girls is cool as a bunny clownAll4my5girls is cool as a bunny clown

I just went and voted for the sofa. If anything, at least we can sell it for the most kc. And guess what has the most votes, the one that costs the least. The Abracadabra candelabra. Why????
All4my5girls is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #89
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

If it was unsuccessful because their formula was off because they don't know how to do math or programming (e.g. they used 6,000,000,000,000 instead of 6,000,000,000 when they did their calculations or they used the kinzcash amount instead of the point amount when they did their calculations) then it was truly a "mistake" on their part. If they just overestimated how many people would join in, then it is not really a true "mistake". I thought that the goal would be achieved (or it seems like the meter should have been filled higher, because I made close to 500,000 points myself this weekend. I think they should have the voting for the prize for 2 days, and then the contest should run 5 days. The weekends are so busy with extra curricular activities for a lot of children. Our whole mall was packed with girl scouts this weekend because they were having a sleep-over at the mall!!
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:55 PM   #90
Dora616
Gift Guru

All4my5girls is cool as a bunny clownAll4my5girls is cool as a bunny clownAll4my5girls is cool as a bunny clownAll4my5girls is cool as a bunny clownAll4my5girls is cool as a bunny clownAll4my5girls is cool as a bunny clownAll4my5girls is cool as a bunny clownAll4my5girls is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal
If it was unsuccessful because their formula was off because they don't know how to do math or programming (e.g. they used 6,000,000,000,000 instead of 6,000,000,000 when they did their calculations or they used the kinzcash amount instead of the point amount when they did their calculations) then it was truly a "mistake" on their part. If they just overestimated how many people would join in, then it is not really a true "mistake". I thought that the goal would be achieved (or it seems like the meter should have been filled higher, because I made close to 500,000 points myself this weekend. I think they should have the voting for the prize for 2 days, and then the contest should run 5 days. The weekends are so busy with extra curricular activities for a lot of children. Our whole mall was packed with girl scouts this weekend because they were having a sleep-over at the mall!!
I agree that the voting should not take 5 days. 2 days of voting would be great and give more time for playing the games.
All4my5girls is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
communal contest, goober's lab

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: