Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #71
Gratefully
Gifted

WillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all around

Default Re: Webkinz Communal Contest Unsucessful

A total waste of time. No more communal contests for me.

Last edited by WillWork4KC; 03-01-2010 at 01:03 PM..
WillWork4KC is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2010, 12:19 PM   #72
Webkinz :)

SchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with 99% of what everyone has said here. Wow Ganz! Someone made a series of really bad decisions with this whole idea:

-First you offer pretty lame WShop & Kinzcash prizes
-then you set a totally unattainable goal
-then you admit to fault but offer no reward (not even a compromise) to everyone who showed enthusiasm & put a lot of time and hard work into contributing to this first contest
-& then you offer even LAMER prizes for the 2nd week's contest!?!?! Seriously?!?!?

I mean how hard would it be to make a little virtual trophy unique to this contest or a coin (to later be used in a communal prize machine or something.)

I liked the whole communal idea, but to make it encourage kids to spend their entire weekend plastered in front of a computer instead of out playing with their friends or spending quality time with their family is just irresponsible. Here's some ideas for you:

-How about having prizes not just awarded to everyone who enters; but you have to actually at least contribute something towards the goal by playing the game at least once to have a chance at winning.
-Also LIMIT the amount that each account can contribute towards the goal. (Example: with this last Goober's Lab one, only count a maximum of 30,000 points from each account.) That would still allow kids to have some of the weekend to be with family & friends.
-Unique prizes specific to this contest!

I am highly disappointed. I hate to say it, but I won't be wasting my time participating in this anymore until BOTH the goal becomes attainable and the prizes become less pathetic.

I would also like to remind everyone to vote on the new survey today. I think they needed better answers, but I am voting "YUCK!" as my way of saying all the stuff I mentioned above.
SchmoopiePie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #73
olverine's ARE
Gifted

queenfrostine12 has much to be proud ofqueenfrostine12 has much to be proud ofqueenfrostine12 has much to be proud ofqueenfrostine12 has much to be proud of

I knew this would be a total fail when I saw the number they wanted us to achieve. I think the prizes stink for all of them, 500 kinzcash was not
enough for my weekend. I'm sick of ganz doing stuff like this, they need to listen to us more.
queenfrostine12 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #74
Hahn is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by Safire25509
Not to be rude, but I don't get why everyone is so upset about this. It was a simple mistake, and I'm sure Ganz is working hard to change it. I appreciate all the work you guys put into this, but no one forced you to work for something that was almost obviously impossible in the beginning.
Just my two cents.

That is all ganz does is make mistakes. Anytime they add something there is a problem. What moron thought we could get 6 billion in two days. Im pretty good at the game my high score is over 138,000. That is just ridiculous.
Hahn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #75
olverine's ARE
Gifted

queenfrostine12 has much to be proud ofqueenfrostine12 has much to be proud ofqueenfrostine12 has much to be proud ofqueenfrostine12 has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by Hahn
That is all ganz does is make mistakes. Anytime they add something there is a problem. What moron thought we could get 6 billion in two days. Im pretty good at the game my high score is over 138,000. That is just ridiculous.
Seriously. 6 billion points is a joke. Why would anyone think we could make that in one weekend. Maybe if we had all week to work towards it but we didn't. I completely agree with everyone who is mad at ganz and I think they owe us an apology.
queenfrostine12 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #76
He Reigns

btvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonder

I think we all realized that the amount was too high so therefore many didn't even attempt to play the game and waste their weekend..I am sure Ganz will change the goal and make it more attainable. I do agree the prizes are not worth the time. I did play but gave up as I realized that the goal was so far behind.
btvs49 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #77
Hahn is an unknown quantity at this point

Has any actually talked to ganz about all our disappointments today?
Hahn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #78
Silentbreeze
Gifted

big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond
big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by Nanasrose
I forgot to mention that just playing Goober Lab I can win that much kinzcash in 2 or 3 games. So why knock yourself out. I think most everyone was at the park fighting over litter anyway.
Excellent point. Just by playing Goober's Lab this weekend I easily earned enough kc to buy any of the prizes that were offered.

I also have a concern about people entering the contest but not playing the game all. It seems you don't have to play, just let others do the work and you will still get the prize.
big2gray is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:56 PM   #79

mckgirlz is on a distinguished road

Gee!!! Spend a whole bunch more time in order to win a bunch of crummy old prizes from the W-Shop that I could just go there and buy with no effort at all? Or even worse, encourage my own kids and my nephew and niece to do so?

Let me think about that, Ganz. Uhhhh, no!

Geez. If they want one of those W-Shop items so much, I'll go there myself, buy it and send it via KinzPost.

I'm really torqued with the way this went down. I had the strong feeling that six BILLION points was going to be unattainable, but to not be offered any compensation for all the time spent playing and then to get this really dumb list of prizes to compete for in next week's challenge?

No thanks.

But great job, Ganz, on once again disappointing young kids. It's like the Winterfest all over again.
mckgirlz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #80
jenlivi is on a distinguished road

Perhaps something that would work is to have voting for a whole week for the following weeks prize, and working on the goal for a whole week to try to attain the current week's prize. That way people who are not able to play on weekends could help contribute more. I know I was not able to contribute at all because I was in charge of an event all weekend... and thus my kids didn't participate either... total of 5 accounts not helping who wanted to participate.

And I agree... the prizes really aren't worth it. But I like the idea of a cap on one accounts total contribution. Webkinz does have a huge following of adults, but it is marketed to kids too. So, I think they would be responsible to put a limit on how much one could contribute and encourage them to go run around after that... even adults... go do the dishes and laundry!
jenlivi is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
communal contest, goober's lab

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: