Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #41
WWID NanRei1
Webkinz :)

Nanasrose flows towards the sea of knowledgeNanasrose flows towards the sea of knowledgeNanasrose flows towards the sea of knowledgeNanasrose flows towards the sea of knowledgeNanasrose flows towards the sea of knowledgeNanasrose flows towards the sea of knowledgeNanasrose flows towards the sea of knowledgeNanasrose flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 
Default Re: Webkinz Communal Contest Unsucessful

I forgot to mention that just playing Goober Lab I can win that much kinzcash in 2 or 3 games. So why knock yourself out. I think most everyone was at the park fighting over litter anyway.
Nanasrose is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #42

A & E's mom will become famous soon enough

I guess I'll vote for sofa and then sell it. I agree that everyone should get 500kc. I "think" they will do something though to make it right. The concept is a great one...just needs to be somewhat achievable and prizes you can't get at wshop at anytime. Just my opinion
A & E's mom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #43

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

Here's my analysis:

1. Ganz made a huge error not awarding the prize to those who were participating especially when it's their mistake. I mean, it's 500KC, it's their mistake and it's virtual - they're NOT losing anything. You'd think with their antics though they promised everyone a diamond ring.

2. When I read 6 Billion points, I knew it wasn't going to happen. Coca-Cola had a contest recently to get the 1 Billionth code (BTW, the reward was 10,000 points to spend in their store). It took them about two weeks from when I joined the rewards program to get that - and they were getting caps at about 1.5 Million a day. And, unlike Ganz and Webkinz World, Coca-Cola is enjoyed by people of all ages everywhere.

3. If they WEREN'T going to do the right thing and honor those who participated with the prize anyway, they should've had the 500 KC return to the dock as a prize. It to me is like kicking a puppy when it's down. (bad analogy probably, but it's insult to injury).

In short, better research and logic is needed at Ganz, or people will be incense
jadewarlock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #44
petitepal is on a distinguished road

Honestly everyone I really do not think Ganz cares. They are making their money and that is all that matters to them, they have proven it time and time again. Just look at the prices they charge in the e-store.
petitepal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:05 AM   #45

DreamLoveLearn will become famous soon enough

Personally, I do not think I will enter this week's contest because I do not want to feel responsible for competing in a contest that I am not interested in. I will keep an eye on what they are doing from week to week, but I will not enter again unless I feel the contest is actually worth it. I spent many hours playing a game that I didn't even like because I felt responsible to do my part (even though I didn't like the game, wasn't too excited about the contest, and thought the goal was ridiculous from the beginning). It would be one thing if we did not win because of our communal lack of effort, but we did not even come close to a goal even ganz admitted was unreasonable, and many people devoted hours of their weekend to the cause. And they only tweeted their announcement, so the only ones who would know are those on twitter or WI. So, there are a bunch of kids who will think that they didn't work hard enough this weekend and who will be disappointed. As I said, if that were really the case, that would be one thing, but we could have worked harder than ever and still not have reached that goal. It is great to teach kids to work together towards reaching a common goal; however, it does not teach them anything when a completely unattainable goal is set. Children should be taught to set realistic goals. You can have a challenging realistic goal, but setting an unattainable goal is detrimental to anyone's motivation.
DreamLoveLearn is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:08 AM   #46
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

I would never expect Ganz to send that kinzcash just because of an error. My thought was they should have, but I can't see them doing that. As far as the new contest goes, I am a bit upset that they think good prizes for working like crazy are simple items you can purchase yourself in the Wshop. I think this contest thing is proving to be a waste of time and I am not going to participate. Hate to be negative but that is just plain silly to offer stuff from the wshop.

View Post Originally Posted by DreamLoveLearn
Personally, I do not think I will enter this week's contest because I do not want to feel responsible for competing in a contest that I am not interested in. I will keep an eye on what they are doing from week to week, but I will not enter again unless I feel the contest is actually worth it. I spent many hours playing a game that I didn't even like because I felt responsible to do my part (even though I didn't like the game, wasn't too excited about the contest, and thought the goal was ridiculous from the beginning). It would be one thing if we did not win because of our communal lack of effort, but we did not even come close to a goal even ganz admitted was unreasonable, and many people devoted hours of their weekend to the cause. And they only tweeted their announcement, so the only ones who would know are those on twitter or WI. So, there are a bunch of kids who will think that they didn't work hard enough this weekend and who will be disappointed. As I said, if that were really the case, that would be one thing, but we could have worked harder than ever and still not have reached that goal. It is great to teach kids to work together towards reaching a common goal; however, it does not teach them anything when a completely unattainable goal is set. Children should be taught to set realistic goals. You can have a challenging realistic goal, but setting an unattainable goal is detrimental to anyone's motivation.
I don't like the idea that we are creating an expectation that children should be on a computer working for hours on a virtual contest. They are kids and this should be a game for them to have fun with in free time...and thats just it..."free time." They say they have people on staff that understand the developmental levels of kids but you have to wonder sometimes with the expectations they create with participation style events.

Last edited by Tula; 03-01-2010 at 10:08 AM..
Tula is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:08 AM   #47

DreamLoveLearn will become famous soon enough

I meant that I wasn't too excited about the "prize," not the "contest." I was very excited about the contest at first, but this week's experience has really altered my perception.
DreamLoveLearn is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #48
Silentbreeze
Gifted

big2gray is all that glittersbig2gray is all that glittersbig2gray is all that glittersbig2gray is all that glitters
big2gray is all that glittersbig2gray is all that glittersbig2gray is all that glittersbig2gray is all that glittersbig2gray is all that glittersbig2gray is all that glittersbig2gray is all that glittersbig2gray is all that glittersbig2gray is all that glittersbig2gray is all that glittersbig2gray is all that glittersbig2gray is all that glitters

I will put in my two cents by saying I too was dissapointed that Gantz did not owe up to their error. But, as always, when they bring in something new there is bound to be glitches. Have we learned anything from this? Yes, that life is always fair.

Looking at this weeks prizes, the only one that would interest me is the fridge. At least you can store food in it, such as holiday prizes. I'm not giving up yet.
big2gray is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:10 AM   #49
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by Nanasrose
I forgot to mention that just playing Goober Lab I can win that much kinzcash in 2 or 3 games. So why knock yourself out. I think most everyone was at the park fighting over litter anyway.
ROFLOL that is so true..the fighting over trash...what has Ganz been thinking lately?
Tula is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #50
greenlizard17

octgreen17 is a glorious beacon of lightoctgreen17 is a glorious beacon of light

I personally think that the Communal Contest are going to be great fun once Ganz gets all of the bugs worked out. Yes the goal of 6 Billion Points at Goober's Lab did not work out, but how excited did everyone here get to be doing it, even if it was for 500 KC. That is the whole point of the Communal Contests getting people to work together at a common goal and win a prize. Yes it did not work out the first week, but Ganz did realize their mistake and apologized for it. They could've just ignored it and said sorry you guys did not reach it, but the apologized for their mistake with a promise to make it better this week.

The prizes might not be huge prizes, and they might be something that you can get at the W-Shop but out there somewhere is someone that might not have the money to get one of the prizes and is uber excited to see that they have a chance to win it. And yes it is on the weekend when others have plans, but I am sure that once the bug is fixed it will not take all 48 hours of the weekend to do the contest. We just gotta give Ganz a chance. Yes there are glitches and bugs on the site, but why always focus on them, look at all of the great stuff there is to do that works wonderfully fine.

Three years ago when I joined there was not even half of the stuff there is now and I loved it back then just as I love it now. Sometimes we just have to sit back and wait for them to fix the bugs to fully enjoy it. At least they are trying to add new things to appeal to the interest to all age groups.
octgreen17 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
communal contest, goober's lab

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: