Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 06:49 AM   #21
Love Life!
Gift Guru

Gmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contest
Gmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contestGmagator could win a popularity contest

Default Re: Webkinz Communal Contest Unsucessful

I agree, they could make a new prize from pixels, something that only the workers will have. I had signed up on 8 accounts last week, I am only going to sign up on my main account this week, and see how it goes.
Gmagator is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2010, 06:51 AM   #22
The GTS Works!
Webkinz :)

MamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone in another thread (I don't know who, sorry, not good at searching) said that they thought Ganz didn't take into account the fact that there were often multiple accounts signed up to do this, but only one account at a time could play. That was certainly the case in our house--we have 5 accounts (mine, DH, and 3 kids) all signed up for the contest, but I'm the only one who ended up playing. I played like a fiend, but my kids and husband were usually outside enjoying the sunshine or off playing with friends. Does Ganz not realize that kids (and parents) have better things to do on the weekends? I'm sure there are some people who ONLY play on weekends, or who ONLY play during the week depending on their schedules. It would be nice to think that they could have a larger window of opportunity for everyone to participate--perhaps a 3 or 4 day stretch like Thursday or Friday through Sunday instead??

Also, I was disappointed that we were not given SOMETHING for our efforts. Even 100 KC would have been a show of good faith on the part of Ganz. I am extremely disappointed in the prizes this week, too. If they'd had better prizes this week in addition to making the goal more reasonable and attainable, then I could have accepted that as well. But, no, they didn't. I don't even want any of the prizes this time. I can save myself the effort of participating this week. This communal contest is a great idea in theory, but just not the way they have it set up currently. There needs to be some true INCENTIVE worth my time and effort for me to play like a fiend again. I may enter, and I may participate, but probably only the minimum amount needed this time around. I truly hope that someone at Ganz is reading these posts and making adjustments for future communal contests accordingly.

MamaDragon3 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:07 AM   #23

Aunt Tissi has disabled reputation

I agree the idea is fun and should be a good idea. I spent several hours playing goober's lab as well. I hate to say it, but I too will pass on this weeks - those choices aren't worth any of my time. I earned more than any of those cost by wasting my time this past week on goober's lab.

If they want to make this challenging that is good, but the rewards should be something we just can't get every day.
Aunt Tissi is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:39 AM   #24
Gifted

Jackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonderJackal wows us all with wonder

SUMMARY OF THIS WEEK'S PRIZES

1. First Down Dining Table

It looks like this:
Click the image to open in full size.

As you can see, its purchase value is 500KC. If you don't want it, its value (when you sell it back to the W-Shop) is 250KC.

2. Funky Girl Refrigerator

It looks like this:

As you can see, its purchase value is 680KC. If you don't want it, its value (when you sell it back to the W-Shop) is 340KC.

3. Sweet Stuff Sofa

It looks like this:

As you can see, its purchase value is 750KC. If you don't want it, its value (when you sell it back to the W-Shop) is 375KC.

4. Abracadabra Candelabra

It looks like this:

As you can see, its purchase value is 450KC. If you don't want it, its value (when you sell it back to the W-Shop) is 225KC.

Conclusion

So if you don't actually want any of the prizes, you should vote for the Sweet Stuff Sofa, as that's the most valuable.

(Incidentally, I just voted, and the Abracadabra Candelabra prize is winning with 40%. Sweet Stuff Sofa is fairly close behind at 34%.)
Jackal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:54 AM   #25
Summer, come back!

kawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comrade
kawee is a saintly comrade

View Post Originally Posted by Jackal
SUMMARY OF THIS WEEK'S PRIZES

1. First Down Dining Table

It looks like this:

As you can see, its purchase value is 500KC. If you don't want it, its value (when you sell it back to the W-Shop) is 250KC.

2. Funky Girl Refrigerator

It looks like this:

As you can see, its purchase value is 680KC. If you don't want it, its value (when you sell it back to the W-Shop) is 340KC.

3. Sweet Stuff Sofa

It looks like this:

As you can see, its purchase value is 750KC. If you don't want it, its value (when you sell it back to the W-Shop) is 375KC.

4. Abracadabra Candelabra

It looks like this:

As you can see, its purchase value is 450KC. If you don't want it, its value (when you sell it back to the W-Shop) is 225KC.

Conclusion

So if you don't actually want any of the prizes, you should vote for the Sweet Stuff Sofa, as that's the most valuable.

(Incidentally, I just voted, and the Abracadabra Candelabra prize is winning with 40%. Sweet Stuff Sofa is fairly close behind at 34%.)
I should've looked before I voted but thanks for letting us know. I hope the next one is a little more achievable. Such a waste.
kawee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:17 AM   #26

ALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to behold

When I first heard about the contest, I was excited. It was an opportunity to be part of something with other people, to feel connected to real life, not just virtual reality stuff.But to go thru all that effort and then nothing. And it is another week of things we could buy from the wstore. Even the person with the slowest cojputer in the world could earn enough money to buy anthing on that list in far less time than would have to be put into the contest. WAKE UP, GANZ. We don't need another source of aggrevation.
ALBERTIII is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:33 AM   #27
petitepal is on a distinguished road

I will vote for this weeks contest just for those who will play but I have not intentions of joining in. I played all weekend as did the rest of my family on their acccounts, a total of 8 accounts, as what did we get for a "miscalculation" that Ganz made, NOTHING! And then they put those prizes up for the next contest, what are they thinking, as usual they aren't. But as long as we keep putting the dollars in their pockets what do they care.
petitepal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:34 AM   #28
Lil Kinz

mogwog7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its a great idea and addition to the site that was just not implemented right. The prizes should be something original and not offered before, to spark more interrest. The voting should end on Monday or tuesday with the challenge lasting rest of the week. Not everyone gets on the site for great lengths of time. I myself spend most of the weekend enjoying what time I have with the family. I get on maybe an hour or two.

Off the subject...I'm new here and would like to say howdy to all WIers.
mogwog7 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:36 AM   #29
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Pretty lame, Ganz. Any item there isn't worth hours of playing. The sofa is worth the most, and they gave us several of those on the Wheel. Not good public relations to then say that WE failed to reach the goal.
Desty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #30
petitepal is on a distinguished road

I voted for the fridge at least if it is something easy to do this time it is an item and I use to store food.
petitepal is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
communal contest, goober's lab

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: