Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #81
mtbmd
Webkinz :)

therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!

Default Re: Webkinz Announces World Wide Day of Play

View Post Originally Posted by Amygirl8
Ganz have the right to shut down WW at any point without notice. So, yeah
This is an interesting idea on their part. The main age group (I believe 6-10) will probably go out and do something fun. It's not all teens. If you take a look at the comments on WKN, you'll see that these kids are active and interested- ergo, they'll probably try to have a little fun =)
yes, and there really is no difference between this and a maintence except the maintences are in the morning and this is 3 hours in the afternoon
therealmtbmd is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #82
ebkinz ExtravaGANZa!

extravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicness
extravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicness

That is very cool! I heard about the day of play on Nick. I may not be in WW, but I may be on WI. Maybe I will take a break. Really? Not sure. Saturday is my only real day off.
extravaGANZa is offline Male
Old 09-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #83

danny11542 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thumbs down Re: Webkinz Announces World Wide Day of Play

Why i always play webkinz because i have nothing to do ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
danny11542 is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #84
Majesty84

Arte's Fan is a creator of wonder
Arte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonder

I am an adult so I this "worldwide day of play" doesn't apply to me. Luckily I'm going to a wedding shower and will probably be gone during those hours they are shutting down webkinz world. I agree with those that are complaining...parents should be the ones to decide when they're kids are on the computer not Ganz. Although I don't have any children of my own, I do buy webkinz and estore game cards so as a paying customer I feel it's not right.
Arte's Fan is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #85
Call me Haley

Cozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the wayCozyy knows the way

phew, thank goodness I am going to be going shopping then. I do think that this is kind of rude in a way. But they still have the right to shut the site down. Overall I think this is a pretty good idea, and I think that they were trying to do this in a good way.
Cozyy is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #86
duwang gang

luree611 has disabled reputation

Maybe if it's hot ill go swimming. Other than that ill probably just be on here. xD But it's a nice idea!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #87
Gifted

jazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Pengo
I would like to say on record that I am not impressed with this move by Ganz. I am a parent and I am in full control of how long my kids spend on the computer and when those times are. I don't need Ganz' "help" in this matter. I am pretty sure they are shutting down for three hours either for some kind of maintenance or even just to save a boatload of money by having all their servers off for that length of time. This is of course fine and their prerogative, but for goodness sake say so and spare us the preaching.

Webkinz World is a pay-to-play amusement site. They are not an "educational" site; they exist for fun and play, period. For a group of people who can't spell "lightning" correctly, who don't know that "dice" is plural, who think it's ok to teach children that you don't have to answer every letter you receive, for these people to now preach to us about the value of not being on the computer on a Saturday afternoon is more than a little insulting. I say to Ganz: fix your own house before you worry about the "needs" of MY house. Leave your site up and let ME decide - as a responsible parent - when my children should walk away from the computer. And what about the kids who can't "go out and play"? What are they supposed to do?

There are many, many other ways Ganz can make their site into a better learning tool if they really wanted to (which they so obviously do not wish to do), but they are still first and foremost a gaming site that we pay to use. That's all they are. "Shutting down so the kids can go outside"? Nonsense and really not their call to make.

OK, stepping off of my soapbox now. Sorry for the rant but they just make me so angry sometimes.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first free Saturday afternoon in quite some time. I was looking forward to playing on the computer. Boooooooo Ganz!
jazzymom43 is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 05:23 PM   #88
One Just Ducky
Gift Guru

luvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a hero
luvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a heroluvwebkinz was born a hero

Donation Award 

Now, if they were going to have a 'shut down to really fix all the glitches day' - I'd be impressed!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #89
•| ❣️ ѕoх ❣️ |•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

Cool This a is a cool idea. And wow 3 hours hmm i can live with that
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 05:26 PM   #90

strawgumdrop1 is a WIzard
strawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzardstrawgumdrop1 is a WIzard

Donation Award 

I'm just going to sleep during the time webkinz is down.
strawgumdrop1 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
nanny ganz, onerepublic, soa, tell us what to do

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: