Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #51
<333
Webkinz :)

bluedogfrog has accomplished something fantabulous
bluedogfrog has accomplished something fantabulousbluedogfrog has accomplished something fantabulousbluedogfrog has accomplished something fantabulousbluedogfrog has accomplished something fantabulousbluedogfrog has accomplished something fantabulousbluedogfrog has accomplished something fantabulous

Default Re: Webkinz Announces World Wide Day of Play

Shoot! Just realized that's a saturday!! Oh come on, Ganz!!
bluedogfrog is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #52
inter is here!

Sunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with graceSunnykinz101 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

This is a great idea! Ganz should do this more often to encourage kids to play. Hey, it's on a Saturday, I play outside a lot on evenings and on Weekends. PLaying outside is real healthy for you and kids should play outside more!
Sunnykinz101 is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #53
ill make Xmas great

RobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonderRobertFrog wows us all with wonder

What a good way to support the outdoors, but what about the disabled? Are they going to sit around watching a looped message? Maybe, because with the exception of the East Coast and the Midwest, everywhere else is sunny. I hope everyone without rain (unlike me ) has fun!

View Post Originally Posted by pandapuddin
I think it is great for Ganz to want kids to go outside and play, but this isn't great for me. I'm not on the East Coast so when I want to do my dailies WW will be down! . I think Ganz should have thought this through a little better.
I agree with you, and also, I hope you'll have sun!
View Post Originally Posted by Macaroni
If Ganz is so interested in kids going outside and getting exercise why do they continually offer contests that promote hours upon hours of sitting at the screen doing nothing but looking for floating objects?
Good Point.
View Post Originally Posted by Pengo
I would like to say on record that I am not impressed with this move by Ganz. I am a parent and I am in full control of how long my kids spend on the computer and when those times are. I don't need Ganz' "help" in this matter. I am pretty sure they are shutting down for three hours either for some kind of maintenance or even just to save a boatload of money by having all their servers off for that length of time. This is of course fine and their prerogative, but for goodness sake say so and spare us the preaching.

Webkinz World is a pay-to-play amusement site. They are not an "educational" site; they exist for fun and play, period. For a group of people who can't spell "lightning" correctly, who don't know that "dice" is plural, who think it's ok to teach children that you don't have to answer every letter you receive, for these people to now preach to us about the value of not being on the computer on a Saturday afternoon is more than a little insulting. I say to Ganz: fix your own house before you worry about the "needs" of MY house. Leave your site up and let ME decide - as a responsible parent - when my children should walk away from the computer. And what about the kids who can't "go out and play"? What are they supposed to do?

There are many, many other ways Ganz can make their site into a better learning tool if they really wanted to (which they so obviously do not wish to do), but they are still first and foremost a gaming site that we pay to use. That's all they are. "Shutting down so the kids can go outside"? Nonsense and really not their call to make.

OK, stepping off of my soapbox now. Sorry for the rant but they just make me so angry sometimes.
Actually, they also spelled steer and artificial wrong too...
But even better point!

Very good points, everyone! But I think this might be proof Nickelodeon might buy Ganz, and then discontinue Webkinz for Neopets/Petpet Park, or vice versa, not an evil anti-disabled plot.
But my theory is probably false.
RobertFrog is offline Male
Old 09-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #54
hee ♥♥

taffeta wears the mantle of perfection with gracetaffeta wears the mantle of perfection with gracetaffeta wears the mantle of perfection with gracetaffeta wears the mantle of perfection with gracetaffeta wears the mantle of perfection with gracetaffeta wears the mantle of perfection with gracetaffeta wears the mantle of perfection with grace

It's only a few hours. I don't think it's really a big deal.
taffeta is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #55
Diabetes Awareness

suzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wondersuzee wows us all with wonder

Smile Re: Webkinz Announces World Wide Day of Play

Thanx cbjhockey for the update.

Interesting news! I'll prolly hang out here! LOL!

suzee
suzee is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 02:49 PM   #56

WHHS2002 is a jewel in the roughWHHS2002 is a jewel in the rough

Hey come on Ganz probably just put that sign up so they could update or fix problems on the site. But he just wanted to do it in a education way probably. So give him a break
WHHS2002 is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 02:49 PM   #57
Babs1978

Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade
Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade

Not happy about them bring down the site, we will have thunder storms here all weekend and kids will not be out side playing. Saturday is laundry day and webkinz, guess I will head over to Farmville to play. I agree with the parents. that it is there responsibility to allow computer time for their children. I do hope that they will fix the glitches if there doing this.
Babs is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #58

Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest
Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by Pengo
I would like to say on record that I am not impressed with this move by Ganz. I am a parent and I am in full control of how long my kids spend on the computer and when those times are. I don't need Ganz' "help" in this matter. I am pretty sure they are shutting down for three hours either for some kind of maintenance or even just to save a boatload of money by having all their servers off for that length of time. This is of course fine and their prerogative, but for goodness sake say so and spare us the preaching.

Webkinz World is a pay-to-play amusement site. They are not an "educational" site; they exist for fun and play, period. For a group of people who can't spell "lightning" correctly, who don't know that "dice" is plural, who think it's ok to teach children that you don't have to answer every letter you receive, for these people to now preach to us about the value of not being on the computer on a Saturday afternoon is more than a little insulting. I say to Ganz: fix your own house before you worry about the "needs" of MY house. Leave your site up and let ME decide - as a responsible parent - when my children should walk away from the computer. And what about the kids who can't "go out and play"? What are they supposed to do?

There are many, many other ways Ganz can make their site into a better learning tool if they really wanted to (which they so obviously do not wish to do), but they are still first and foremost a gaming site that we pay to use. That's all they are. "Shutting down so the kids can go outside"? Nonsense and really not their call to make.

OK, stepping off of my soapbox now. Sorry for the rant but they just make me so angry sometimes.
This is exactly what I was thinking! I'm good at parenting on my own thanks! I don't need them to shut down in order to teach going out and playing. I also thought they were going down for their own reasons, and using this as an excuse. Yes, it's only 3 hours, but since I have sunk a boat load of money in to my accounts I should be able to decide when I want to play.
Lambchop77 is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #59
mtbmd

therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!

thanks for the info!! what a great idea for ganz to do

View Post Originally Posted by Lambchop77
This is exactly what I was thinking! I'm good at parenting on my own thanks! I don't need them to shut down in order to teach going out and playing. I also thought they were going down for their own reasons, and using this as an excuse. Yes, it's only 3 hours, but since I have sunk a boat load of money in to my accounts I should be able to decide when I want to play.
but some kids don't have parents who monitor them and this is just helping get the word out to go outside and play
therealmtbmd is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #60
Diabetes Awareness!

buts2 has a spectacular aura about

That's a good idea... but I think it should be for the entire day instead of just... what is it... 3 hours? There's lots of "fattening" things for kids to do besides Webkinz-other computer games, TV, video games, listening to music... well, I'll and ride my bike for that time anyway. I could stand to lose a few pounds anyway. Okay, more than a few.
buts2 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
nanny ganz, onerepublic, soa, tell us what to do

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: