Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #41
Gift Guru

tashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicness
tashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicnesstashytoot is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Webkinz Announces World Wide Day of Play

View Post Originally Posted by Macaroni
If Ganz is so interested in kids going outside and getting exercise why do they continually offer contests that promote hours upon hours of sitting at the screen doing nothing but looking for floating objects?
Well said, I couldn't agree more.
tashytoot is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #42
Webkinz :)

webpol134 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by Star Child
I agree 100% with Pengo! Since Ganz is "forcing" us off of their site, that we PAY the privilege to play on, are they going to refund me for "lack of playtime"? I think not. How DARE Ganz make this "choice" for me...for us. Why don't they just close the site down for three hours of maintenance to fix...REALLY FIX...all the stupid and never ending glitches that constantly plagues Webkinz World? Be honest! Don't pretend to really care about the children not playing outside enough. I mean, Ganz promotes a character that is a thief and a bully, so do they really expect me to be impressed that they want our children to get some fresh air outside? Please! Some of my friends only allow their children to play on the computer on weekends. During the week they are involved in after school sports, dance, band, doing homework, chores at home and such. The weekend is their time to play on the computer and enjoy video games. Shame on Ganz....again!

Star Child
True. Shame on ganz
Old 09-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #43
Gift Guru

Mynoey is sweet stuff
Mynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by Pengo
I would like to say on record that I am not impressed with this move by Ganz. I am a parent and I am in full control of how long my kids spend on the computer and when those times are. I don't need Ganz' "help" in this matter. I am pretty sure they are shutting down for three hours either for some kind of maintenance or even just to save a boatload of money by having all their servers off for that length of time. This is of course fine and their prerogative, but for goodness sake say so and spare us the preaching.

Webkinz World is a pay-to-play amusement site. They are not an "educational" site; they exist for fun and play, period. For a group of people who can't spell "lightning" correctly, who don't know that "dice" is plural, who think it's ok to teach children that you don't have to answer every letter you receive, for these people to now preach to us about the value of not being on the computer on a Saturday afternoon is more than a little insulting. I say to Ganz: fix your own house before you worry about the "needs" of MY house. Leave your site up and let ME decide - as a responsible parent - when my children should walk away from the computer. And what about the kids who can't "go out and play"? What are they supposed to do?

There are many, many other ways Ganz can make their site into a better learning tool if they really wanted to (which they so obviously do not wish to do), but they are still first and foremost a gaming site that we pay to use. That's all they are. "Shutting down so the kids can go outside"? Nonsense and really not their call to make.

OK, stepping off of my soapbox now. Sorry for the rant but they just make me so angry sometimes.
Bravo!

My first thought when I read the announcement was "Hmmm...wonder what they need to do on Saturday that requires taking down the site?"

My second thought was that the people from whom parents value input in raising their children are ones whose value systems are based on generosity, good work ethics, pride in performance, honesty, fairness, and consideration for the feelings of people of all ages. Ganz was never strong in some of those areas and, after seeing some of their 'great ideas" this year, I can't think of a single reason to want their assistance in parenting.

The only thing I can think of that's worse than this being a really lousy attempt to put a positive "spin" on Saturday downtime is...Ganz being arrogant enough to believe that they have any right to have any input on anything involving children beyond being paid to entertain them!

Refraining from a full rant so just making some quiet comments while sitting on the edge of the soapbox.
Mynoey is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 01:57 PM   #44
<333

bluedogfrog swims in greatness
bluedogfrog swims in greatnessbluedogfrog swims in greatnessbluedogfrog swims in greatnessbluedogfrog swims in greatnessbluedogfrog swims in greatness

Wow... that seems dumb. I'm glad I get home from school earlier than 3 to get in all the Wheel of Wow, Spree, etc. xD
bluedogfrog is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #45
slcoon

slcoon is a name known to allslcoon is a name known to allslcoon is a name known to all

I'm not an outdoors person so they can't stop me
slcoon is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #46
Gift Guru

meems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clown

If Ganz needs three hours to do maintenance on the account, do it. We could use fewer glitches and frozen screens. But don't pretend it is for our children's sake.

Saturday afternoon? Come on!

Parents pay for their children to play, in some cases 100s of dollars a month, sometimes much more. They are the ones who have the right to limit the computer time for their children or themselves, not the one receiving the payment.

Do the maintenance, Ganz. You surely need to fix a lot of problems. But do it at a convenient time for us. And please don't pretend it is for our own sakes. We are not your children. We are your customers.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #47
e all love

pandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forum
pandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forum

I agree with all the others. We PAY for this site, it is OUR choice if we want our kids to get off the computer, not Ganz. The thing is they should be FIXING their site instead of telling us what we should and shouldn't let our kids do. I would be OK with it if they were making the site better during that time, but I have a feeling it is just to try to make themselves look better. Pengo, very well said.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #48
umbo Waffles. <3

Amber420 is a name known to allAmber420 is a name known to allAmber420 is a name known to all

I go outside all the time anyway, so I think I'll just go on WI while its down.
Amber420 is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #49
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by steffeefacee
Just a thought...

But we PAY for this! We bought the pets, we buy the codes, we pay for deluxe and they tell US they are shutting down the site for 3 hours for the kids to go to play?! I don't think they should have that right honestly, since WE PAY for all of this.
My guess is this has nothing to do with play at all. The site is going down for a reason. Maybe to fix Nafaria. They probably figured hey let's use the excuse of let the kids play. Instead of oh they are going to be mad that the site has to go down to fix it.
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #50
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

Angel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socksAngel Daisy rocks our collective socks

There are many places where it is not feasible to go outside and play from 12-3 Eastern. Here we are looking at temps in the mid-nineties at that time. Not ideal outside play weather unless you have a pool. I'm less than thrilled about this move, but there are scads of other things to do, so I'll just grin and bear it. To be fair though, I don't think this move is anything more than just an attempt to engage in something that various groups are trying to promote as world-wide. Ganz really won't be winning, and will lose traffic which generates revenue from the advertisers. Besides, they'd have to pay their programmers extra to work on Saturday if they were really planning on a major site overhaul.

I do want to say that kids NEED outside, let's just play time. It builds imagination in addition to other necessary life-skills. But shutting down a world-wide site is really not the way to go about achieving this end.
Angel Daisy is offline Female
Closed

Tags
nanny ganz, onerepublic, soa, tell us what to do

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: