Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 06:13 AM   #131
Webkinz :)

geros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Webkinz Announces World Wide Day of Play

My question: Why a weekend? For the kids they are targeting with this, there is a good chance that webkinz is just as popular on weekday afternoons. What about the kids who are punished becuase they have good parents who already have control of their child's online time and only allow screen time during this period on Saturday? Or teens and adults that work and do homework all week and only get on the computer during this time because they already know that their other priorities come first? It just really disappoints me that I plan a day that I can catch up on everything I need to do on webkinz and then am denied that time. I am in school 6 days a week, four of those until 8 PM, with homework after. Letting teens on 3 hours per week isn't much to ask, is it?
geros9 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2011, 07:04 AM   #132
Gift Guru

Lioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a hero
Lioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a hero

I have used the comment section on WW from all my accounts to inform ganz of how I feel about their decision. It probably won't stop what is happenning tomorrow but may help them to consider our anger over their idea in the futrue. Please join me and let them know how you feel.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:09 AM   #133
e love Webkinz

GoldenGale is a splendid one to beholdGoldenGale is a splendid one to beholdGoldenGale is a splendid one to beholdGoldenGale is a splendid one to behold

To answer a previous question, it's on a Saturday because it's a national event that is taking place in Washington DC. It's taking place near the White House with activities and concerts going on all day. This event is also being supported by the president and has gotten the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award. Webkinz joined as a sponsor of the event.
GoldenGale is offline Female
Old 09-21-2011, 07:12 AM   #134

nhillier is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by karategurl
So is the estore going to be shut down too?

HAHAHAHA TOO FUNNY!!! Why would that do that???? How will they make any revenue for those three hours. I wonder how Ganz would feel if all the Webkinz owners decided that they would boycott Webkinz for three hours and not hit their site???? Something to think about!!
nhillier is offline Female
Old 09-21-2011, 07:14 AM   #135
Gift Guru

Lioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a heroLioness was born a hero

View Post Originally Posted by GoldenGale
To answer a previous question, it's on a Saturday because it's a national event that is taking place in Washington DC. It's taking place near the White House with activities and concerts going on all day. This event is also being supported by the president and has gotten the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award. Webkinz joined as a sponsor of the event.
Thank you for the inofrmation. However, Webkinz is free to promote the event but not to restrict access to a site we pay for to make themselves look good. Its going to rain here all day Saturday and I assure you no one is going to be outside playing.

Last edited by Lioness; 09-21-2011 at 07:18 AM..
Old 09-21-2011, 07:21 AM   #136
mtbmd

therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzBatRulz
Say, wanna meet me at the park...we adults can play duck duck grey duck...and then we can like play Charlie Brown on the seesaws. After that we can play tag.

What about kids or adults who have a skin disease where they cannot go out into the sun but only in the night time cause their skin is super sensative?

Does Ganz ever think about things?
i don't think they are saying go outside and play and thats all you can do, i think its just promoting to get off the computer and do something else like read or play board games or If you can go play outsdie and enjoy life.
therealmtbmd is offline Female
Old 09-21-2011, 07:23 AM   #137
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by nhillier
HAHAHAHA TOO FUNNY!!! Why would that do that???? How will they make any revenue for those three hours. I wonder how Ganz would feel if all the Webkinz owners decided that they would boycott Webkinz for three hours and not hit their site???? Something to think about!!
Made me laugh

I would love to have everyone boycott the estore for a while in support of the country's economy.

And what will stop ganz from deciding wheever they feel like it that they are closing down the site to promote any cause they choose? Its nice to know that I paid for deluxe membership so ganz can decide I should go out and play.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:25 AM   #138
mtbmd

therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!therealmtbmd is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzBatRulz
I will be honest..I dont like this idea. I mean yes I suppose some will exercise...but not everyone will...some will pry play video games, watch tv, do other internet activities, etc.

I mean does Ganz think a child is gonna go outside and start jogging around, do jumping jacks, push ups, etc all smiling and then say to their parents, "I want to have carrots for a snack and for lunch I want brussel sprouts and boiled spinach with low fat turkey."

Hmm I wonder if they wi ll have no webkinz hourlies going on then? Or will they still have them even if we cant get on?

Imagine if they had token balloon darts, wheel of wishes, free spree, etc real good stuff all at that time when noone can get on?

why can I see that happening?
thats why they are probably doing this so that no events are schelduled at those times
therealmtbmd is offline Female
Old 09-21-2011, 07:51 AM   #139
Silentbreeze
Gifted

big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond
big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by adrkmfdm
Technically they don't anymore. The second they offered deluxe memberships for a year of service they have to produce the product they sold. A little asterisk does not void the one year contract because the one year contract supersedes it. Not only that but that little "we can shut down ww at any time..." is not legal because they do not have the written contract by the customer. They could really really get sued for shutting the site down. To legally shut it down. They would have to cease selling webkinz. Wait one year then shut it down. But that's only the law.
Hm, interesting point. I will talk to my lawyer co-workers about this.
big2gray is offline Female
Old 09-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #140
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I think a couple things that bother me, are that we know that Ganz has never been concerned in the past at how long they've asked us to sit at the computer in order to win a few items. They have been infamous for asking kids to sit long hours to win things that they could have programmed to be given quickly, instead of waiting so many hours... sitting.

Also, I just keep remembering in the past how they took so much pride in their whole 'Webkinz Cares' pets, that were aimed at allowing kids in the hospital to play online and receive gifts on their accounts. So, they know that their site is used by people that are in the hospital, people who are disabled, or for whatever reason are not able to go outside and play.

We schedule our own lives in ways we see fit for us. I for one, really don't like them assuming that unless they give me the idea to get outside, that I won't be outside. I can make my own decisions, and certainly don't need them to act like a parent to me. As it turns out, I probably won't even be home at that time, so it's not a problem to me personally,... but I just don't like that they presume to be in charge of my decisions.

I think their decision to go with this program has little to do with their great concern about kids sitting at the computer, and more about promoting their image of their company.
(but maybe, just maybe... they will take that time to fix some glitches???)
Desty is offline Female
Closed

Tags
nanny ganz, onerepublic, soa, tell us what to do

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: