Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #111
Webkinz :)

Marci Cat is a splendid one to beholdMarci Cat is a splendid one to beholdMarci Cat is a splendid one to beholdMarci Cat is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Webkinz Announces World Wide Day of Play

I'm not happy about this. I won't be able to play with my pets or anything! I HATE Going outside because i have an extreme bug phobia and the outside is just not for me
Marci Cat is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2011, 08:59 PM   #112
e all love

pandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forum
pandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forum

This is just my opinion but....

We PAY for this site, it is OUR choice if we want our kids to get off the computer, not Ganz'. The thing is they should be FIXING their site instead of telling us what we should and shouldn't let our kids do. I would be OK with it if they were making the site better during that time, but I have a feeling it is just to try to make themselves look better/save money/do work on Webkinz.

This is also not a well thought through event. What about the disabled/elderly or bedridden/in the hospital? Is Ganz going to tell them to go outside and play, for some of them Webkinz is the only way to pass time.

Sorry for my rant. Just my opinon

Sorry I meant to say

I have a feeling it is just to try to make themselves look better/save money, not to do work on Webkinz.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:29 PM   #113

Jae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud of

I'm so SICK of everyone thinking they need to be our parents instead of the parents stepping up and deciding what's right for themselves and their kids!

My child is active every day. She's a perfect weight, if not a little underweight for her height and age. She spends all MORNING on Saturdays working hard/being active and her time to play online is early afternoon!!!

I read below that Ganz is sponsoring something or other on Nickelodeon about getting out and playing.. Well know what?? One of the reasons my child gets up and is active is because I refuse to pay to watch tv - so we don't get all those channels that keep a kid tied to the couch and tv. We get CBS, ABC and sometimes FOX. We know nothing of things on Nickelodeon.
So while it's fine for Ganz to sponsor something like that, they should STRONGLY SUGGEST that the kids turn of the computer and go play - not shut down their play site to make the kids miss out on time that might be their only online time for the day! Is Ganz shutting down the estore site that gets them money directly into their coffers during the same time?? Seems to me they should!!

View Post Originally Posted by luv2writeNS
The way I see it kids can go outside on their own time. And I think there's enough hours in a day to do computer and other stuff.
Perhaps there's enough time if you have unlimited time to sit in front of your computer. But for kids like mine, she gets two hours to be online in the EARLY afternoons on the weekends. So when her computer time is 12:30 - 2:30 and Ganz decides to play god and deny her service during that time, she loses out for the day.

View Post Originally Posted by luv2writeNS
Besides, if it was maintenance nobody would be complaining, and we'd be without WW for the same amount of time.
Yes, I do complain and get cranky when Ganz does that during the middle of the day. While I realize they serve a global consumer base, they need to look at where the majority of their consumers are located and when the peak times of usage are and do maintenence shut-downs during the LOWEST usage hours - so the LEAST amount of consumers are affected by the outage.

Last edited by Jae's Momma; 09-20-2011 at 09:29 PM..
Jae's Momma is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #114
Lil Kinz
Boops Mom is on a distinguished road

Just adding my opinion --- yes we will all survive w/o Webkinz for 3 hrs but that is not the point. This is just one more example of how our rights are being infringed upon. We are told what light bulbs we must buy, we cannot get a regular fry in our kids happy meal, choc milk in the schools is evil and now we must all be told to get up and go outside for 3 hours.

Get off your high horse Ganz -- as a parent I get to make the decisions for my children and right or wrong they are my business. Let's hope a child isn't injured while outside or I am sure some personal injury lawyer will file suit! I think I will let my kids go to Clone Wars Adventures and play for 3 whole hours!!!
Boops Mom is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #115
Gift Guru

nmk6 knows the way
nmk6 knows the waynmk6 knows the way

That's great! I hope they actually go outside!
nmk6 is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 11:10 PM   #116
ebkinz Day - YAY!
Gifted

WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness
WetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicnessWetNose is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

I hope it helps some kids decide to play outside for a while, and maybe some adults to go with them. It might actually be a good thing they're doing, I'm willing to wait and see; and I am curious to see how it turns out for everyone. Good luck filling the extra hours!
WetNose is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #117
✝☺ґηαⅾø﹩☂◎яღ

SarahStuffies9 is a golden guideSarahStuffies9 is a golden guideSarahStuffies9 is a golden guideSarahStuffies9 is a golden guideSarahStuffies9 is a golden guideSarahStuffies9 is a golden guideSarahStuffies9 is a golden guideSarahStuffies9 is a golden guideSarahStuffies9 is a golden guideSarahStuffies9 is a golden guideSarahStuffies9 is a golden guideSarahStuffies9 is a golden guideSarahStuffies9 is a golden guide

Honestly I think it's kind of weird that they would do this when school comes back in instead of in the Summer. Still, it's an interesting idea, and VEEEEERY unusual of Webkinz to do this.

Anyway, I've been visiting my pets online a lot lately. I'm gonna see if I can play more with them in the real world on that day--maybe even make a home video of them. And then, the next day, I'll celebrate my Webkinz Cocker Spaniel (Bountie)'s Birthday! True story.

Disregard the last post! This is actually a different WI member...I'm on the wrong acount! OOPS!
SarahStuffies9 is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 11:35 PM   #118
Call me Submerged

Coolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreams
Coolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreams

View Post Originally Posted by SarahStuffies9
Honestly I think it's kind of weird that they would do this when school comes back in instead of in the Summer. Still, it's an interesting idea, and VEEEEERY unusual of Webkinz to do this.

Anyway, I've been visiting my pets online a lot lately. I'm gonna see if I can play more with them in the real world on that day--maybe even make a home video of them. And then, the next day, I'll celebrate my Webkinz Cocker Spaniel (Bountie)'s Birthday! True story.

Disregard the last post! This is actually a different WI member...I'm on the wrong acount! OOPS!
LOL!

I am going to ride my bike My mum said "Well I'll be blown!" I think she is suprised GANZ is doing this!...
Old 09-21-2011, 12:55 AM   #119

WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!WebkinzBatRulz is the cats pajamas!

I will be honest..I dont like this idea. I mean yes I suppose some will exercise...but not everyone will...some will pry play video games, watch tv, do other internet activities, etc.

I mean does Ganz think a child is gonna go outside and start jogging around, do jumping jacks, push ups, etc all smiling and then say to their parents, "I want to have carrots for a snack and for lunch I want brussel sprouts and boiled spinach with low fat turkey."

Hmm I wonder if they wi ll have no webkinz hourlies going on then? Or will they still have them even if we cant get on?

Imagine if they had token balloon darts, wheel of wishes, free spree, etc real good stuff all at that time when noone can get on?

why can I see that happening?
WebkinzBatRulz is offline Female
Old 09-21-2011, 12:55 AM   #120
Is a Ghostie

bunnyberrtie rocks our collective socksbunnyberrtie rocks our collective socksbunnyberrtie rocks our collective socksbunnyberrtie rocks our collective socksbunnyberrtie rocks our collective socksbunnyberrtie rocks our collective socksbunnyberrtie rocks our collective socksbunnyberrtie rocks our collective socksbunnyberrtie rocks our collective socks

I'll be in school. Why did they put it on a school day?
bunnyberrtie is offline Female
Closed

Tags
nanny ganz, onerepublic, soa, tell us what to do

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: