Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #101
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Webkinz Announces World Wide Day of Play

Good ol Ganz. I really am so happy that they are there to give us permission to play.
Desty is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #102
I'm Ninja :)

webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!

koolz
webkinzgirl520 is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #103

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

Perhaps someone at Ganz put this suggestion in their company suggestion box and ended with "we can look good -- like we really care about the health of children -- and we can save money/do maintenance at that time". And then the managers didn't think it through.

What a poor idea. As many have said here, it is the parents' responsibility to determine how much time their kids are on the computer. And it is not like this would work anyway. It is not the whole gaming software or internet that they are shutting down. If it is anyone who plays too much on webkinz it is the adults not the kids. And we schedule our time on WW around many other responsibilities. Very poor idea Ganz. I am not impressed.
CheekyDB is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #104
vonyumyum

JEWEL MY DREAM is a jewel in the roughJEWEL MY DREAM is a jewel in the rough

NOOO!! Okay, I'm bored, now what? Some people don't go to school and don't have access to gyms or parks or friend's houses or a backyard suitable for playing in especially when you are handicapped for a while due to a bone crushing accident. Besides........it's not like webkinz is the ONLY site for kids in the world.....It's not going to deter many people from their technology......

P.S. People, this is MY opinion, I don't mean to offend, and if I do I'm sorry. It's not that I don't think kids should get out more......but this isn't really the best way to do it........at least in my opinion.......shouldn't it be MY decision if I feel like doing something other than work all day?
JEWEL MY DREAM is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #105

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by JEWEL MY DREAM
NOOO!! Okay, I'm bored, now what? Some people don't go to school and don't have access to gyms or parks or friend's houses or a backyard suitable for playing in especially when you are handicapped for a while due to a bone crushing accident. Besides........it's not like webkinz is the ONLY site for kids in the world.....It's not going to deter many people from their technology......

P.S. People, this is MY opinion, I don't mean to offend, and if I do I'm sorry. It's not that I don't think kids should get out more......but this isn't really the best way to do it........at least in my opinion.......shouldn't it be MY decision if I feel like doing something other than work all day?
Yes, exactly!
CheekyDB is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #106
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

To be honest, I think that this decision has absolutely nothing to do with their concern about kids' physical fitness. lol I really think that they are having problems during the prime hours of hits on their site on weekends, and perhaps they are worried about too many glitches and their site crashing. ... and they don't want to worry about it on a Saturday, when they don't want to come into work to fix major problems.
Desty is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 08:10 PM   #107
Lil Kinz

candygirl123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I went on the World Wide Day Of Play site and I saw that Webkinz are in lead with the World Wide Day Of Play... are they trying to tell us something????
Ninjas are awesome...
candygirl123 is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #108
e love Webkinz

GoldenGale is a splendid one to beholdGoldenGale is a splendid one to beholdGoldenGale is a splendid one to beholdGoldenGale is a splendid one to behold

This is NOT just a Ganz thing. It's a national program run by Nickelodeon called Worldwide Day of Play 2011. Webkinz is their supporter. It's actually going to be held in Washington DC on Sept. 24th. I know you can't post links, but they have a website if you want more info.

My thought is that if the kids can't play on Webkinz they'll just play on another kids website, and w
ith our luck it will be raining anyway.
GoldenGale is offline Female
Old 09-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #109
I'm still not Ginger

Angellic knows the way
Angellic knows the way

I find that sweet and thoughtful of Ganz.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:54 PM   #110

ginny19 defies all odds
ginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all odds

Hey, hey, hey Ganz! HEY!

GANZ is not my DAD! DAD can boot me off the computer! DAD can tell me to go outside!
I pay GANZ to let me PLAY, NOT to boot me out the door with a sprained wrist telling me to climb a tree!

Just sayin'!

...Wanna add that they probably should have done this in the summer. We're in the tropical south and it's already too cold to go swimming or anything.

Last edited by ginny19; 09-20-2011 at 08:54 PM..
ginny19 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
nanny ganz, onerepublic, soa, tell us what to do

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: