Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #51

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber
Default Re: Webkinz Announces Maintenance

View Post Originally Posted by Bankskinz
I guess they didn't hear our pleas for a STAGGERED MAINTENANCE schedule!

Those of us living/working in Asia get RIPPED every other week. We lose 2 days of hourlies a month due to maintenance.
How?
Here's how: NA 'midnight to 6 am' is our 10am-4pm acutal time (Asian 2pm-8pm KT). This encompasses most of the hourlies on weekdays (unless they save something good for late evening. But usually, the best hourlies are from 4-6pm KT (our noon-2pm actual time) - hardly ever after 8pm, but occasionally).

We've been asking them to stagger the servers with their maintenance, but to no avail. So, in real monetary terms, we paid $160 for 4 accounts to have deluxe to get the extra jobs, hourlies, academy classes, monthly gift boxes, estore points, special deluxe gift for the year, etc (since we can't walk out to a store and buy webbie stuff). But we lose the regular & deluxe hourlies 2 days per month on each of the four accounts (and our 'extra' aco****s that aren't deluxe). (And psst: we lose it more than that as the asian server has other problems!).

This post is not a nit-picky complaining post. It is a business situation where a certain segment of the customer base is being treated unfairly(because we are in the minority - and if the minority squalks too loud, they'll cut us off completely). Now, for those of you who live in NA but have an Asain aco****, we don't feel very bad, as you have other day-time options & maintenance doesn't happen during your daytime every other week (or more often). But there are NA citizens who live/work/serve outside of the US/NA. And their dollars are just as green... And we would just like Ganz to consider our suggestion, or at least post a detailed response as to why they "can't do anything about it, and they are aware and they are so sorry..."

My kids get so bummed when they (like this week) are off of local school where they bust their tails to learn a 2nd & 3rd lang. and still can't get any time on WW - because its down - AGAIN! (we're not blaiming Ganz for when our power is out, which happens here - but when we have power, we'd like to be able to use it! )

OK. I feel better now. And I know only 2 or 3 people will read this - and that's probably just as well, because I shared my views in a rather straight-forward manner...

Its 1am here, so y'all get ready to start your hourlies in an hour - I'm headed to bed!

Respectuflly Submitted,
Bankskinz

PS: I LOVE my WI family - if not for all of you, I don't know how we'd put up with Ganz! You guys rock!
Well I don't live in Asia, but I agree completely with your frustration. I live on the West Coast of the US and can usually only do a few activities at the end of the NA day (if I rush home from work) and at the beginning of the Asian day (if I stay up late). I feel slighted as it is because Ganz doesn't seem to realize that there are people any place other than the east cost of Canada and the US. There are no activities for west coasters for three hours in the prime evening hours here -- 8pm, 9pm and 10pm. What are they thinking???? And now nothing tonight. I was hoping I could do some token dartz and the klaw.
CheekyDB is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2010, 12:52 AM   #52
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

bangkokyankee knows the way
bangkokyankee knows the waybangkokyankee knows the way

First off thank you to Bankskinz for saying so much better what I wanted to say.

I forgot that there was the maintenance note - even when WI annoouced it too. Came home just in time to do the TOKEN Dart thingie for the asian accounts at 4PM KT (noon here) and guess what

NO WW - there goes the token darts AND the grab-a capsule I'm lucky that I have more NA accounts then Asian but still.

At least I still have WI to read.
bangkokyankee is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:05 AM   #53
Gramwebbie
Webkinz :)

kinzgramatheart is a name known to allkinzgramatheart is a name known to allkinzgramatheart is a name known to all

The site is currently down for maintenance. It will be back up soon.
It is 6AM and this is the message that appears.
I guess Ganz hasn’t learned how to tell time. lol
kinzgramatheart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:07 AM   #54
LOVE is from God
Gift Guru

Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art
Bankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of artBankskinz is a work of art

OK.
So its after 4pm here - after 6am in NA (EST)....
? ? ?

Last time they said 4 hours it was 8 hours for us.
So they said 6 this time - does that mean 12?
Our weeked has officially begun...and its time to PLAY!

This had better be good...

PS: my hubby is a computer engineer & most companies DO stagger maintenance across servers - its UNWISE to take them all down at once - makes it MORE likely to have problems across the board after a maintenance... Hmm... Lesson here for Ganz?
Bankskinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:12 AM   #55
Gramwebbie

kinzgramatheart is a name known to allkinzgramatheart is a name known to allkinzgramatheart is a name known to all

OK.
? ? ?

PS: my hubby is a computer engineer & most companies DO stagger maintenance across servers - its UNWISE to take them all down at once - makes it MORE likely to have problems across the board after a maintenance... Hmm... Lesson here for Ganz?
Thanks for the info.
Ganz needs computer engineers like your hubby.
There are always problems after updates.
kinzgramatheart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:12 AM   #56
Gift Guru

catzrock has disabled reputation

Ganz..... it's 6:00 EST now.
catzrock is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:13 AM   #57
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

i hope they open again soon. i wasn't upset with the DOWN TIME as they were to be up by the time i was up.
i have limited amount of time to get some thing done before work at 9.

let's go ganz!!!!
miss spots is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:13 AM   #58
ithout a doubt
Gift Guru

rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!rickekinz is not just visiting!

OK.
? ? ?

As long as I've been playing Webkinz, Ganz has always been running a "Mickey Mouse" operation when it comes to their WW website. It's too bad they can't employ competent programmers. Can you tell I'm annoyed once again?
rickekinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:08 AM   #59
Wkkw

wkkw is a splendid one to beholdwkkw is a splendid one to beholdwkkw is a splendid one to beholdwkkw is a splendid one to behold

its 7 and still mantince

what if its for this? i am soo smart!

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/f268/fluffingtons-donation-station-coming-webkinz-660613/

Last edited by wkkw; 11-05-2010 at 06:08 AM..
wkkw is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:20 AM   #60
Meowme1948
Meowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant future

Site was still down a little while ago when I checked and it is after 7. Hope they are adding something good.
Meowme1948 is offline Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: