Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 10:30 PM   #91
We Are Young ♥
Webkinz :)

luvofvintage is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Webkinz Amazing Hamsters Coming to Webkinz World!

No offense to anyone that likes those hamster things, but adding them to Webkinz, is just plain... wrong. Webkinz is virtual pets; not hamsters! They already sell them; why have to make a Webkinz version? Why Ganz, why?
luvofvintage is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2010, 06:24 AM   #92
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

*I'm not really sure if I'm going to enjoy this...

Webkinz is already little virtual pets...our zumbuddies are our pets for our pets...I don't see why they wouldn't make little things for the zumbuddies to play on and in...it is far more unique than using an idea that another company already has...AND if they really wanted to do this copycat thing-why not chose a DIFFERENT animal? Of all the creatures on the planet-why one that is already used?

Why not bugs? I can think of oodles of bugs that would love to crawl through tunnels and such...
dragonbird is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:51 AM   #93
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

I agree completely! I was opposed to Zumbuddies the moment it came out, but I caved and bought one for a separate account with only one pet that my sister and I use to earn money and buy the rares for, then send them to our accounts. Needless to say, that account has been long forgotten for months now...

Anyways, I am not a proponent of these also, because although I am not familiar with the Zhu-Zhu Pets, I have done a little research, and the concept sounds very similar. It's one thing if Ganz is taking ideas from other pets we haven't heard of for their own site (for all we know, pets like the minty reindeer and fuzzy purple monster may already exist somewhere else), but taking ideas from a product that we know isn't very reasonable, in my opinion. I am not even a fan of these "pets for your pets" already. Webkinz should be all about YOUR pet that you buy that comes with a code, the one you bathe, and enter contests with, and walk in the clubhouse, not about little bunches of pixels that are side pets.

That's not bad of an idea, dbird! I would support bugs over the hamsters also! I am 98% sure that Ganz took a look at these Zhu-Zhu hamster pets before they developed the idea. It's just way too coincidental, as you said, that hamsters were chosen.

I can think easily of over a dozen other creatures they could have chosen...worms, termites...actually, bugs are pretty much the only way to go! The most disturbing thing I find about this is the type of pet they chose. There isn't a Webkinz hamster, but there is a guinea pig, and I find it odd that a pet would have a real pet as a pet (did I put one pet too many? ). It's pretty awkward to be taking care of a pet like a Guinea pig, who has a pet that is almost like them! I'm not sure if I'm explaining this correctly, but it's like a human having a human as a pet...it just isn't logical.

The only reason Zums work is because they're little insignificant creatures that are small in comparison to their owners. A normal pet playing with a little creature just like we play with stuffed animals.

That's just my take on this. As of now, I'm completely against the idea.
samoyeds43 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:15 AM   #94
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by dragonbird
*I'm not really sure if I'm going to enjoy this...

Webkinz is already little virtual pets...our zumbuddies are our pets for our pets...I don't see why they wouldn't make little things for the zumbuddies to play on and in...it is far more unique than using an idea that another company already has...AND if they really wanted to do this copycat thing-why not chose a DIFFERENT animal? Of all the creatures on the planet-why one that is already used?

Why not bugs? I can think of oodles of bugs that would love to crawl through tunnels and such...
I agree, why hamsters? It has already been done Ants build colonies...why not have ants? Bees build hives, why not bees? Dudeness would LOVE a bee hive So would I
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #95
PenPal Bunnies

penGwen has a spectacular aura about

a little off topic but shining stars coppied webkinz so much!
penGwen is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #96
visit my shop!!!plz.

WEBKINZRCOOL100 has a spectacular aura about

whoa... are there gonna be zhu zhu pets that like whiz around everywhere on the screen? hehe probably not but that'd be cool
WEBKINZRCOOL100 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #97
duwang gang

luree611 has disabled reputation

i would LOVE to have one! but.... i might want to find out more about them before i get my hopes up.
luree611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #98
iluvbooks94
Gifted

iluvbooks94 is just really niceiluvbooks94 is just really nice

Oh, wow. This is kind of lame. I mean, really. Complete Zhu-Zhu rip-off. Way to go, Ganz.
iluvbooks94 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #99
elcome aboard

COONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicness
COONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicnessCOONYCOON is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
I agree, why hamsters? It has already been done Ants build colonies...why not have ants? Bees build hives, why not bees? Dudeness would LOVE a bee hive So would I
I think it is cause kids love hamsters - my ds is over the moon and almost touched the ceiling (excuse the mixed metaphor) when he read the front page news. He has wanted a Webkinz hamster for over a year now Somehow ants just don't have that furry, cuddly appeal - but who knows you may have your bees and ants before we get our hamsters (or very soon after)!
COONYCOON is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #100

tigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wonder

Hmm...that will be kinda different.
But I can not wait! Sounds like an interesting new start to Webkinz! (:
tigergirl890 is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
bad move by ganz!, bad? no way. cute!, i love mh, pawsome thread! -luree, please no estore hamsters, terrible idea ganz!, webkinz 4 ever, zhu zhu webbies!, zhuzhupets rock

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: