Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 05:39 PM   #81
Gift Guru

0bserver has disabled reputation

Default Re: Webkinz "$2 Deluxe Membership" Explained

View Post Originally Posted by teaandpizza
Boo!! No one's gonna pay $2 a month to be able to change their dock color, or have an extra zone!
You really think that's all people pay the $2 for? :rolleyes: That's pretty simplistic.
0bserver is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2010, 05:41 PM   #82
Webkinz :)

Supdog is a jewel in the roughSupdog is a jewel in the rough

Not A Good Move Ganz!
Supdog is offline Male
Old 05-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #83

Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest
Lambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contestLambchop77 could win a popularity contest

Add me to the list of people who's mad about this! We got the family deluxe right before they discontinued it. So we'll have it for almost the next year. After that, nope. No more deluxe, unless they bring it back AND it's reasonable. No way will I pay more to get less, that's just silly.

I also am wondering if they just told us they were planning on bringing it back to stop the phone calls and to shut us up!
Lambchop77 is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 06:23 PM   #84

jajwag will become famous soon enough

I discovered how greedy GANZ was at Christmas when i lost out on what i wanted and now it will be GOOD BYE to the deluxe accounts also for me. They are really losing interest anyway and now they do this !!!! The stores here by me are big tourist attractions and they are not going to sell anymore either., because they can't deal with GANZ now.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #85
Meowme1948
Meowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant futureMeowme1948 has a brilliant future

So far there have been 82 comments here and most not in favor of no family memberships. Most people don't write so I think there must be a lot of unhappy people and the ones who write are just a fraction of the unhappy users. Seems to me this was a very bad business move on Ganz part and they will loose a lot of customers in the long run. I can't see they how they think it was a good move to discontinue the family membership I know I will be spending a lot less money now in the E store. Even the 2.00 option is a lot for kids and they don't even get the extra gifts..
Old 05-20-2010, 06:53 PM   #86

Pengo is a glorious beacon of lightPengo is a glorious beacon of light

I know I've said this before but I wanted to go on record again: because they pulled the Family Membership disappearing stunt I have not spent a SINGLE dollar on my WebKinz account this month in the e-store or in real life. At the very end of April we bought a single $2 membership for an expired account that was formerly on our Family Plan so we could send all the cool items from that account to other family members. That is about to run out and that's the end of it. I will NOT spend another dime in the e-store as long as they continue this nonsense - and likely never again after that. There's a good chance we're even done buying from the regular store, too. They have really pushed the greed envelope past the limit for us.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:53 PM   #87
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

I think there is nothing wrong with people enjoying Deluxe with the $2 option.

I just don't see where taking AWAY an option that a lot of loyal members participated in is a good thing.

Why not have both options available?

The $2 option for people to try out Deluxe......or people with just one account......or little kids (or adults) who can earn the $2 for their Deluxe account.

AND the Family Deluxe for Members like me....with a large family......with five or more accounts who see the benefit of spending the extra money for the Deluxe FAMILY accounts.

There are a lot of us (Fam Deluxe Members) who got a lot of use and enjoyment from these deluxe accounts and I know if they are like my family.....we won't renew (and therefore spend the extra Deluxe money) . it is a shame but my family won't lose any sleep over it.
rockermom is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #88

voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by kittyhub54
Thats kind of a rip off-One of the coolest parts about it is the gift and free points! Man, what has Ganz got going through there head?

And also, technically the deluxe is NOT two dollars, because the minimum ammount of points you can buy is 10,000-which equals $10.00. Ganz needs to screw there heads tighter again, and bring back family deluxe!
I think that deluxe was a rip-off from the start!:goo:

View Post Originally Posted by Meowme1948
So far there have been 82 comments here and most not in favor of no family memberships. Most people don't write so I think there must be a lot of unhappy people and the ones who write are just a fraction of the unhappy users. Seems to me this was a very bad business move on Ganz part and they will loose a lot of customers in the long run. I can't see they how they think it was a good move to discontinue the family membership I know I will be spending a lot less money now in the E store. Even the 2.00 option is a lot for kids and they don't even get the extra gifts..
So right

View Post Originally Posted by Pengo
I know I've said this before but I wanted to go on record again: because they pulled the Family Membership disappearing stunt I have not spent a SINGLE dollar on my WebKinz account this month in the e-store or in real life. At the very end of April we bought a single $2 membership for an expired account that was formerly on our Family Plan so we could send all the cool items from that account to other family members. That is about to run out and that's the end of it. I will NOT spend another dime in the e-store as long as they continue this nonsense - and likely never again after that. There's a good chance we're even done buying from the regular store, too. They have really pushed the greed envelope past the limit for us.
yup:goo:
voldemort is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #89
crosses
Gift Guru

crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!crosses is the cats pajamas!

I, too, am very upset with Ganz for discontinuing the Family plan. I have 5 accounts and my daughter has 5 accounts. There is no way I can afford to cover all accounts now so when My membership expires I can't afford to renew. So much for Deluxe Memberships. I have been addicted for 3 years, have over three hundred pets and shop regularly at the E-Store. Enough is enough!!! I'm not filing bankruptcy over a stupid game. If you're not a deluxe member there isn't that much to do anymore. You can't even get the good rares.
crosses is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #90

voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!voldemort is headed for the top!

I never really liked deluxe or eStore, but I agree that they could have left the family deluxe on there! Even though 2.00$ isn't a lot, it sure is for a deluxe membership where you hardly get anything at all! Plus, I know that a lot of people liked family deluxe, so why did they need to take that away?! It is sort of pointless, and I don't think a lot of people will buy it. Ganz will hopefully realize this and put family membership back on market.
voldemort is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: