Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #71
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

Default Re: Webkinz "$2 Deluxe Membership" Explained

i guess the only positive on this is that until our family accounts run out the deluxe clothes should be easier to trade as they will get rarer as more and more people opt out of deluxe or choose the $2 option without gift boxes.
Jarrah is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2010, 02:14 PM   #72
rosie1960
Webkinz :)

barbie1960 is just really nicebarbie1960 is just really nice

Thanks for the update.Everyone have a great day and God bless.:abn::bt::clyde::el1::goo::husky:
barbie1960 is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #73
I'M A FREE SPIRIT

Moonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by sherylbeach
We have 4 users in our family & 6 accounts. We could never afford deluxe without the family plan. I don't mind the $2 option for those who only have a little extra cash every now and then (although it sounds like they try to rope you into 12 months anyway) but don't take away something good from the rest of us. I have sunk alot of money into webkinz and it is frustrating. If they don't get this fixed people are going to get tired of webkinz altogether and then it will feel like a big waste of money and time.
I sort of already did get tired of webkinz when they started making all the estore and signatures. Probably not going back any time soon.
Moonbow is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 02:32 PM   #74

junebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond repute

Something to hopefully make you laugh.
Click the image to open in full size.

I do love my webkinz.....
junebugwebkinz is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #75
I'M A FREE SPIRIT

Moonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talentMoonbow has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by junebugwebkinz
Something to hopefully make you laugh.
Click the image to open in full size.

I do love my webkinz.....
haha. nice! xD
Moonbow is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #76
Gift Trainee

sandilight is a glorious beacon of lightsandilight is a glorious beacon of lightsandilight is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, I agree with everyone also. No more deluxe for Us when It expires. We R calling it quits completely. Ganz Is getting too greedy. It was fun at one time, not anymore. Too many things R messed Up!

View Post Originally Posted by bcrossing
I forgot to mention this in my earlier post: I have noticed a sharp decrease in the plushies available at ALL of the stores in my local market. Something has definitely happened in the relationship between Ganz and the retailers.

I agree with those who have said in earlier threads, and also in this one, that Ganz seems to be trying to get everyone to buy pets mainly from the e-store. In doing so, customers are spending more money for just pixels and retailers are losing money from lack of sales.

Retailers are the ones who helped Ganz get their great start. How are they being treated now?
U R right, I have noticed in Pa a large drop off webbies in stores around Us. I have a hard time finding them now. I do not really buy many anymore, but if I did want them I would have a hard time getting them now. I still always look at them in the stores. I have even asked some sales clerks in some of the stores why they did not have many and they said we R not going to carry them anymore. when they R gone they R gone. The retailers R tired of dealing with Ganz Also!:

Last edited by sandilight; 05-20-2010 at 03:17 PM..
Old 05-20-2010, 03:22 PM   #77
cocomatt812

cocomatt is an unknown quantity at this point

dumb is what this is
Old 05-20-2010, 03:22 PM   #78
-Alicia‚ô•

teaandpizza defies all odds
teaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all odds

Boo!! No one's gonna pay $2 a month to be able to change their dock color, or have an extra zone!
teaandpizza is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #79
Supermanfan2

WebkinzFrenzy is a jewel in the roughWebkinzFrenzy is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by alleine
Well, I think it is meant FOR kids... for just $2 a month, they get to have all the cool Deluxe features inside WW world. What kid that can use a computer can't earn $2 a month in allowance doing something around the house? I don't think it was meant to replace or compete with any of the other plans, it was simply a cheap way for kids to get the daily in-game extras on a short-term plan. I'm sure many parents have said "No" to the annual plans long before the changes because they don't know if their child will still play, or even LIKE Webkinz by then, and now they're out $45 for nothing! That's just the way some kids are, right? Also, many parents would rather their kids NOT go on the eStore at all, because everything there just costs more real money, and some Webkinz playing kids are too young for the eStore anyways. So if you would rather your child got a plan that does NOT award any eStore points, this one does just that. It's a totally new set of options.

They get no monthly clothing box, no monthly wish token, and no estore points, spending estore points is not something a child can do anyway, only an adult with a credit card. Do parents want their child tied to the computer being forced to go online at specific times just to reap any benefits at ALL from this $2? Deluxe activities are not like daily activities, all of them are at a specific time. Yes, the child could use the job and the Kinzville class at any time throughout the day, but that is it. To reap any of the other benefits, like extra rares or the deluxe tab activities, a child must log in at exactly a certain time. Kind of like Webkinz is their job. Instead of when they get done with chores, and only on Tuesday or When their homework is done, no, in order to truly get the $2 worth that child has to be on there by 3pm and willing to log on as late at 10pm at night, not to mention a good deal of the rares are during school hours. The option really doesn't give the child anything, but more opportunities to get upset with their parents for not letting them be on the computer over and over all night or worse, stay on it from 3-10 so they can get all those Deluxe advantages. It costs $24 a year and you lose $36 dollars in estore points that the parents very well could have used to purchase surprise pets throughout the year for their child, not giving the child estore access, how do you think the package gets purchased? An adult accesses the estore and buys it with a credit card, monthly points don't make kids go into the estore, they would have no more or less exposure to that place if the parents bought the $2 or the $45. One teaches a child how to get the most for your money, the other teaches them how to waste money on a great many unusable activities.
WebkinzFrenzy is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #80
lorib64
Gift Guru

lorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no bounds
lorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no bounds

I bought it. I've never had deluxe and thought I would try it for a month. I don't need most of the options, but I like that I can book a party in kinzchat + and that there are available times. Not sure if I'll keep it, though. You don't pay with e-store points so it was $2 on my credit card.

I didn't have it, but I think I understand the anger that they got rid of the family deluxe plan without warning.
lorib64 is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: