Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 09:54 AM   #51
Webkinz :)

bcrossing is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Webkinz "$2 Deluxe Membership" Explained

I forgot to mention this in my earlier post: I have noticed a sharp decrease in the plushies available at ALL of the stores in my local market. Something has definitely happened in the relationship between Ganz and the retailers.

I agree with those who have said in earlier threads, and also in this one, that Ganz seems to be trying to get everyone to buy pets mainly from the e-store. In doing so, customers are spending more money for just pixels and retailers are losing money from lack of sales.

Retailers are the ones who helped Ganz get their great start. How are they being treated now?
bcrossing is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2010, 09:54 AM   #52
larissanicole will become famous soon enough

Well we have never been deluxe so i thought for $2 I would give it a try for a month and see if it was worth it. Well it isn't "really" $2. It is $2 a month but you have to agree to autobilling for 12 months. So really they should call it what it is and that is $24 for a year for a very limited functioning deluxe membership without many of the perks. I have decided against trying deluxe.
larissanicole is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 10:03 AM   #53
grammiedkinz

grammiedkinz has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by larissanicole
Well we have never been deluxe so i thought for $2 I would give it a try for a month and see if it was worth it. Well it isn't "really" $2. It is $2 a month but you have to agree to autobilling for 12 months. So really they should call it what it is and that is $24 for a year for a very limited functioning deluxe membership without many of the perks. I have decided against trying deluxe.
Wow, that's a bit more enlightening. I did think it could be month by month such as could be used as a reward for kids that do good in school that month and so on. Knowing you are committed to 12 months puts a different spin on it; don't you think? I still want the family plan back but now I am wondering about the value of the"$2" plan.
Is there a way to complain to Ganz or a thread just to support the family plan?
grammiedkinz is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #54

Gwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond reputeGwenda has a reputation beyond repute

My kids don't even want to play on webkinz anymore because of Ganz getting rid of the Family Deluxe Plan. At 2 dollars a month it would be 48$ a year for two kids(with my account not getting it anymore) and they wouldn't even get the the special clothes witch is their favorite thing. I said they could still get a plush now and then & play like they did before deluxe. They don't even want them anymore. They said they rather do another site completely. My son is gonna save money by not getting any plushes and put it towards the new Lego site(the Lego site will be 90$ year But with NO plushes or Estore it will still be WAY less than we were spending on Webkinz. Great job Ganz!
Gwenda is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #55
grammiedkinz

grammiedkinz has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by bcrossing
I forgot to mention this in my earlier post: I have noticed a sharp decrease in the plushies available at ALL of the stores in my local market. Something has definitely happened in the relationship between Ganz and the retailers.

I agree with those who have said in earlier threads, and also in this one, that Ganz seems to be trying to get everyone to buy pets mainly from the e-store. In doing so, customers are spending more money for just pixels and retailers are losing money from lack of sales.

Retailers are the ones who helped Ganz get their great start. How are they being treated now?
I know-when they stated having the pet of the month at the estore without discounting it you know that is not right. Now they are putting plushes prices higher. Do you think they are aiming for an entirely virtual game world. What happened to 'get your hands on a ganz'? My grandchildren love the stuffed animals. We have a hard time to convince the youngest to submit his codes. He'd rather have the plush and he likes to play at ty better now. How many people will be out of work somewhere if everything is virtual?
grammiedkinz is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #56

junebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond repute

There are so many very valid points in this thread. I just went through and read every post. It goes without saying that WW members are very passionate about this topic. This is because we all know that we have been unjustly treated by Ganz. I think that Ganz may have thought we would not see through their deception. They even had the audacity to tell us that they canceled the Family Deluxe because it was to confusing. That is a direct insult to anyone's intelligence. I think this Deluxe issue is the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back," It has made us all realize how much we put into something and then that somethinng turned around and bit us.

Having said all this, I do think there are so many wonderful things about WW. I think there are some very creative people at Ganz. I love many of their features. The parties are really cool. The W Shop and all the new room themes and such. Jumbleberry is one of my favorite things to do and it did not even cost us anything extra to play jumbleberry. Ganz apparently has some very tallented people working on WW. They have created a very fun and exciting WW. I understand that this needs to be profitable for them or they would not exist.

Ganz created a fundamental problem within WW when they made Deluxe. They created a seperation between people in WW. There is essentually a class system now that exist in WW. Kids have a hard time with this kind of concept because it causes the mistreatment of others. They did exactly what they set out to do which was to make everyone want to be Deluxe. The entire site is inundated with suggestions for everyone to be a Deluxe member. BTW look at the tags on mypage to see just how far they have gone.

What they did not count on was that people would actually be so turned off by this that they would walk away. Children seem to be way more preceptive than Ganz gave them credit for. My girls don't ever want to play anymore, they have been disillusioned.

Maybe they thought no one would get it, well we get it. We are no longer important unless or course we want to buy their Deluxe Membership. We got it.

What do you say Ganz, do you care about your WW members?
junebugwebkinz is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #57
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

It quite simple actually for my family, unless Ganz reinstates the family plan that they had originally our accounts will remain regular and we will no longer buy any extras from the eStore.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #58

nightsdream is on a distinguished road

So I'm not the only one who was a bit put off by their little shenanigans on the front page...

I have no problem with Ganz offering a $2 monthly plan for those who can't afford to shell out $45 in one go. That being said though, my problem lies in the fact that ganz claimed to get rid of the Family option to "avoid confusion". I want someone up there to explain to me how the family plan could have possibly caused more confusion than this option. Sure, I understood it fine, but when trying to explain it to my mom last night (who also has her own Webkinz account) my head was spinning. Especially since in the context of this ad, They nowhere mention that the monthly plan does not include the gift box/points, etc. Ganz is obviously (or at least it seems to me) in the ad trying to pass off their new plan as the same when in fact its far from it, and how will that not cause more confusion than before?
nightsdream is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #59
hovism is on a distinguished road

We have family Deluxe and it's good value. I would do the $2 instead IF it included the monthly clothes item.
hovism is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 11:33 AM   #60
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by whistler
I have enjoyed the $2 plan. I was not a deluxe member and never planned to be. I bought a few things in the e store this month and saved far more then $2 by buying his plan.
My dd loves being deluxe, but I explained to her that we will only buy this plan a few times a year. I might even rotate this plan with the other kids.
I see the benefits of this plan as well as the benefits of having a family plan. I doubt we would buy a family plan even if it did come back. The kids don't play webkinz all of the time.
Besides, I choose how to spend my money, not Ganz.

I am glad you saved money at the eStore. I have stopped buying from there lately.

I hope you realize that your $2 plan is on automatic renewal every month, until you stop the renewal (if you don't stop it, they will keep charging your credit card)l. They are supposed to send you an email with a link in it if you want to stop it; so be on the lookout for your email. I think you can also stop it if you view your purchases in the eStore. There should be a link next to your $2 membership plan purchase.
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: