Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 07:44 AM   #41
Webkinz :)

cats4ever is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Webkinz "$2 Deluxe Membership" Explained

Well Ganz if your plan was to chase off all your customers, job well done! My brother, sister and I are about to run out of our family deluxe. We saved up all of our birthday money and allowance and managed to get just enough money to renew our family deluxe membership. Ganz has no idea how furious I am about this.
Forget all this $2 deluxe, I want family deluxe back!
cats4ever is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2010, 07:58 AM   #42
Banned
jorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond repute

I've always thought that deluxe is stupid, but now they delete the family plan?!?!

Ganz really needs to get their act together.
jorking is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 08:23 AM   #43

whistler will become famous soon enough

I have enjoyed the $2 plan. I was not a deluxe member and never planned to be. I bought a few things in the e store this month and saved far more then $2 by buying his plan.
My dd loves being deluxe, but I explained to her that we will only buy this plan a few times a year. I might even rotate this plan with the other kids.
I see the benefits of this plan as well as the benefits of having a family plan. I doubt we would buy a family plan even if it did come back. The kids don't play webkinz all of the time.
Besides, I choose how to spend my money, not Ganz.
whistler is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 08:36 AM   #44

lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!lilkinzmom7 is the cats pajamas!

This $2 thing is not going to work for us, with several accounts in the family and all wanting Deluxe all year and we all want the gift boxes and estore points. This plan is good for those who just want a sprinkle of Deluxe here and there.
lilkinzmom7 is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 08:40 AM   #45
yournotme
Gift Guru

yournotme is a WI addict!
yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

Okay honestly - Does anyone really join Deluxe for an extra spin on the Wheel of Yum? Are you running home from your kids softball practice for an extra chance to Dunk a Zingo? Is it killing you to not get that free losing quick draw? Need that 30kc from 7-8. Let's get real.

I think Ganz missed the target - although I love doing the extra job or taking an extra class at the kinzville academy my kids could care less. The only thing my kids like is the ability to change the color of their docks and the chance to get the deluxe clothes that come every month with the deluxe box.

No Family Deluxe for us means no extra real cash for Ganz.

Last edited by yournotme; 05-20-2010 at 08:43 AM..
Old 05-20-2010, 09:25 AM   #46
drslk

SandraK0426 has a spectacular aura about

I have been a fan of WW since 2007 but I have seen Ganz' greed increase exponentially during that time. The number of new pets released every month has increased dramatically, as have the other games or events for which you have to spend more money - Caring Valley, Zum Buddies, figurines, Christmas ornaments, and the list goes on. I had a family membership (and was quite lucky to have renewed it just a month before this announcement was made) and thought it was a good deal. However, to have just one account for the same price as a family membership is ludicrous. Now is the time to draw the line and say, "No More!". I can no longer in good conscience spend any money to help Ganz grow richer (while, given the economy, most of us are struggling financially). I think if a majority of their WW members draw a line and do NOT renew the Deluxe membership, perhaps - just perhaps - Ganz might bring back the Family Membership. But they would have to be hit hard in their pocket (as a result of the majority of us NOT renewing) to understand that what they are doing will lose them money. Once my membership expires (if the Family Membership is NOT brought back), I will say "Goodbye and Good Riddance" to a "Deluxe" membership. Ganz, are you listening to us???
SandraK0426 is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #47

Bugga97 is a jewel in the roughBugga97 is a jewel in the rough

i can't get a deluxe member ship anyway anytime so whatevers
Bugga97 is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 09:39 AM   #48
Star Wars Fan<3

nancygurl goes above and beyondnancygurl goes above and beyondnancygurl goes above and beyondnancygurl goes above and beyond
nancygurl goes above and beyondnancygurl goes above and beyondnancygurl goes above and beyondnancygurl goes above and beyondnancygurl goes above and beyondnancygurl goes above and beyondnancygurl goes above and beyondnancygurl goes above and beyondnancygurl goes above and beyondnancygurl goes above and beyondnancygurl goes above and beyond

I agree with a lot of ya'll. I think the main point of deluxe is the monthly gift, the extra esore points, and the dock thing. I say they can make one for $5 for those things, then i will get it. but this is a rip off, you dont get that much. its just not deluxe. who agrees with me?
nancygurl is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #49

bcrossing is on a distinguished road

I have to admit I was irritated when I saw the $2.00 deluxe advertisement on the first page the kids would see. I think it might work for some, temporarily, but it is still not doing what was promised----bringing back the family plan. In the long run, you get a lot less for a lot more money with the $2.00 plan. But, that is hard to explain to the kids clamoring for it because it is right in their face sounding really cheap to them. It seems like a low blow to me.

Why can't Ganz just offer this $2.00 plan for those who want to use it and still keep the $45/year family plan for 5 accounts, with all the perks it had, for those who wish to have that one?

It still seems exceptionally greedy to me. Yes, we control how we spend our money, not Ganz. But, to advertise directly to the kids puts parents in a tough spot and upsets young kids who don't understand the whole situation.

I will continue to not spend any money in the e-store until the family plan, as it was or at least no more than $5 more for the same plan, returns. Meanwhile all my nieces and nephews whose plans weren't up for renewal yet when the family plan "expired" won't be able to enjoy the deluxe perks. I simply can't afford to keep 10 accounts going for $2.00 month per account, $240 per year, vs. the $90 per year the family plan cost for these 10 accounts ----and remember, that $90 for 10 accounts included all the perks except the roller coaster! And, that's not to mention that the e store points just about made up for the money spent !
bcrossing is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #50
My kids think I'm
Gifted

MAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by Jarrah
I think we need to keep the issues of the $2 option and the lost Family Accounts separate.

Ganz could have kept the Family option and added the $2 option and everyone would be happy.

My guess is that the $2 option is actually a way to try to entice kids to the estore. All the other deliuxe options were aimed at parents (including family) or those with lots of $ ($45/yr/account).

This one is "just" $2 but it must be bought at the estore - where other enticing goodies are to be found.... that you cannot save for (because this option has no points)... so Mommy and Daddy get pestered to please please please buy that cute.. waterfall, pet, animated tree or whatever.

I would love to say that $2 is a great inexpensive way for kids to feel "included" in deluxe - and that seems to matter to some but the skeptic in me says that Ganz is up to something more than just trying to get away with removing their most popular upgrade option.

Clearly the clients they are not interested in keeping are those of us who decided to use the Family Deluxe as a way to keep multiple accounts active without purchasing additional pets - we are not worth much to them so they are happy to see us go.

A Ganz preferred client is one who spends lots and lots at the estore - I'm wondering if their company motto should be "Dollars for Pixels makes us Rich".
Perhaps the best post on this topic I've seen yet, kudos!
(tried to give you positive feedback but i have to spread it around first)
MAMA5517 is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: