Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 05:41 AM   #31
Unregistered

Default Re: Webkinz "$2 Deluxe Membership" Explained

I say keep the $2 membership and bring back the family pack. not all family can pay 45 bucks even for all of them. The $2 membership would give people a taste of deluxe before buying the full version for their family. And the family deluxe is to give people the full thing - the super exclusive item. I say keep them both.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2010, 06:34 AM   #32
grammiedkinz
Webkinz :)

grammiedkinz has disabled reputation

I am so disappointed that they will no longer be having family accounts. I was able to put the nephew and grandchildren on deluxe that way. Except for that rainbow hat the gifts were the best part of deluxe! The kids loved getting a gift each month! I thought it was so nice to be able to share. The kids don't really go on during school days and weekends they must split their computer time with other online places they like to go.

View Post Originally Posted by taikitty
The more I think about having to pay $135 (3 memberships) to retain what I have in a family membership at $45 the more I am inclined to not renew at all. Perhaps Ganz is waiting to see how many will NOT renew before doing something. The things I will miss (monthly gift boxes, special Wheels) are things that I can live without, it will be hard but...there are other priorities for that money. (sigh)
I have also been so disappointed in many of the deluxe things; classes that don't work; jobs that get lost; food wheels and low money amounts. What is so deluxe about that? I think the kids will live. I can go back to 3 classes a day. They don't take very good care of the things they do have. There are way more glitches here than there are on many free sites like farmville; point being those are free and well managed.
You know, I have heard places that sell webkinz are not treated very well too. I think that is sad and I do agree they are beginning to treat the customers badly too. Webkinz plushes are all going up $1.00 each around here to add to our trouble.

If it could possibly make a differance I do not plan on spending $45 per account for deluxe. I can't. I have 5 of my own and grandchildren and others I bought for. If the kids want it bad enough they can ask for their birthday but I think they would choose something else to do with that amount of money. I don't think the $2 one will appeal to the kids because there is no gift. This really rots. Deluxe is a luxury as the whole webkinz thing is. It is not a necessity. I have had many hobbies over the years with much more to show for my money. Scrapbooking comes to mind... I mean we can all 'get addicted' to something. We make choices based on what amuses us at the moment.

Last edited by grammiedkinz; 05-20-2010 at 06:34 AM..
grammiedkinz is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 06:36 AM   #33
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

I think we need to keep the issues of the $2 option and the lost Family Accounts separate.

Ganz could have kept the Family option and added the $2 option and everyone would be happy.

My guess is that the $2 option is actually a way to try to entice kids to the estore. All the other deliuxe options were aimed at parents (including family) or those with lots of $ ($45/yr/account).

This one is "just" $2 but it must be bought at the estore - where other enticing goodies are to be found.... that you cannot save for (because this option has no points)... so Mommy and Daddy get pestered to please please please buy that cute.. waterfall, pet, animated tree or whatever.

I would love to say that $2 is a great inexpensive way for kids to feel "included" in deluxe - and that seems to matter to some but the skeptic in me says that Ganz is up to something more than just trying to get away with removing their most popular upgrade option.

Clearly the clients they are not interested in keeping are those of us who decided to use the Family Deluxe as a way to keep multiple accounts active without purchasing additional pets - we are not worth much to them so they are happy to see us go.

A Ganz preferred client is one who spends lots and lots at the estore - I'm wondering if their company motto should be "Dollars for Pixels makes us Rich".
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 06:45 AM   #34
grammiedkinz

Jarrah I do agree with you. Unfortunately the kids and I have enjoyed family deluxe but continued to buy new pets; even quite a few virtual. Since they have started making potm packages at the estore I have been avoiding it. They are spending much more time trying to get more money and not enough on the things that keep the site working. They are becoming just like any other big company. I am sure the people that do the work are not getting a big bonus out of all this.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:09 AM   #35
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by grammiedkinz
Since they have started making potm packages at the estore I have been avoiding it. They are spending much more time trying to get more money and not enough on the things that keep the site working. They are becoming just like any other big company. I am sure the people that do the work are not getting a big bonus out of all this.
I agree that all the problems are signs of a big company = and typical of a big company the areas that bring in $ (like estore) get lots of attention while the areas that cost money (customer support) get very little.

I'm wondering how this will all play out in the end. I would never have guessed that so many people would spend so much money in the estore - and as long as folks keep buying then the strategy is working for them.

In the end companies are all about making money - that's what capitalism is all about. WI is about community - and it's great that we can get that here but in the end the Ganz executives are getting rich and Justin and Wendy are not.
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 07:09 AM   #36
grammiedkinz

Is there a thread about losing the family packages?
Old 05-20-2010, 07:15 AM   #37

frogwoman09 has a spectacular aura about

Until they bring back some type of family deal, we won't be spending money on any deluxe memberships. It was very disappointing that they hooked us and then took it away. We were all extremely addicted to webkinz and now are loosing interest with all the greed involved. Still playing, just disappointed. Between all of my family we have well over 100 animals not to mention, zums, key chains, charms, card items, etc. and yet they can't give us deluxe for free or at least the way they had it.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:19 AM   #38
grammiedkinz

View Post Originally Posted by Jarrah
I'm wondering how this will all play out in the end. I would never have guessed that so many people would spend so much money in the estore - and as long as folks keep buying then the strategy is working for them.

In the end companies are all about making money - that's what capitalism is all about. WI is about community - and it's great that we can get that here but in the end the Ganz executives are getting rich and Justin and Wendy are not.
I used to think that webkinz was a community too.
I was also thinking that the people that do the work for ganz are the ones that work to keep the website running and getting all the extra work dumped on them with all the new virtual things Ganz keeps coming up with. I am sure it is much easier to be in the 'think tank' than it is to make things work or take calls with complaints... I bet those workers are not getting rich either. I would love to see people avoid the estore so Ganz would know what is important to people.
You are right about this site. It is wonderful and provides a great service!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:21 AM   #39
Blessed to be a
Gift Guru

Momzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socks

Thanks for the explanation - very helpful!

Blessings
Momzkinza is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 07:21 AM   #40
grammiedkinz

View Post Originally Posted by frogwoman09
Until they bring back some type of family deal, we won't be spending money on any deluxe memberships. It was very disappointing that they hooked us and then took it away. We were all extremely addicted to webkinz and now are loosing interest with all the greed involved. Still playing, just disappointed. Between all of my family we have well over 100 animals not to mention, zums, key chains, charms, card items, etc. and yet they can't give us deluxe for free or at least the way they had it.
That's one thing about Ganz; people that have 100's of pets have no more clout or respect than people with 1 pet. Hmmm
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: