Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 01:15 AM   #21
My kids think I'm
Gifted

MAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guide

Default Re: Webkinz "$2 Deluxe Membership" Explained

View Post Originally Posted by kittyhub54
Thats kind of a rip off-One of the coolest parts about it is the gift and free points! Man, what has Ganz got going through there head?

And also, technically the deluxe is NOT two dollars, because the minimum ammount of points you can buy is 10,000-which equals $10.00. Ganz needs to screw there heads tighter again, and bring back family deluxe!
We have 6 accounts (me, DH, and the 4 kids) @ 2.00 each per month = 12.00/month...not gonna be able to keep that up for 12 months 12X12=$144/year)
MAMA5517 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2010, 01:21 AM   #22
Gift Guru

0bserver has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by kittyhub54
And also, technically the deluxe is NOT two dollars, because the minimum ammount of points you can buy is 10,000-which equals $10.00. Ganz needs to screw there heads tighter again, and bring back family deluxe!
Sorry, slight correction on this... When I got the $2 deal, I had to directly pay for it. Someone else can confirm, but you can't use eStore credits to buy it. So if you have like 15000 eStore credits, you'd still have to charge $2 to some card to get that Deluxe plan.
0bserver is offline Male
Old 05-20-2010, 01:25 AM   #23
Webkinz :)

SchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond reputeSchmoopiePie has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone welcome with open arms the:

Ganz - "Pay more & get much less Plan!"

Yeah whatever!!! I was extremely irate when they canceled the family deluxe plan & ranted on until I decided they actually did me a favor by showing their true colors (greedy for green) & lack of customer loyalty. We have 18 accounts here and we are not renewing our deluxe, we are spending another cent at the Estore & and we may not even buy many more plushes! Even if they bring back the family deluxe & even if it costs LESS than before - we are NOT BUYING ANYMORE!! They have pushed their luck TOO FAR!! We are playing on our accounts still, but much less than before. When our accounts are about to expire, we might renew the main ones by getting one lil'kinz plush when they go on sale to extend it a year if we are even still interested at all then; but the hundreds and hundreds they were so lucky to have got out of our pockets before, will not be flowing into their greedy arms anymore! It's bad enough that all the local retailers say that Ganz is a nightmare to deal with but smacking your loyal customers in the face is the last straw!

BTW feel free to copy my avie if you agree with it. Aries962 made it & said we should all feel free to use it.

SchmoopiePie is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 01:28 AM   #24

taikitty is on a distinguished road

The more I think about having to pay $135 (3 memberships) to retain what I have in a family membership at $45 the more I am inclined to not renew at all. Perhaps Ganz is waiting to see how many will NOT renew before doing something. The things I will miss (monthly gift boxes, special Wheels) are things that I can live without, it will be hard but...there are other priorities for that money. (sigh)
taikitty is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 01:36 AM   #25

BeDazzle is an unknown quantity at this point

Its ok if you're on a super tight budget, but I can assure you I won't be taking part in this one. my friend bought a family membership and shared with me, her sister, and another friend, and that was a great idea. But with this, I can't see myself being able to renew my deluxe. Sorry, GANZ, but you're just too much of a rip-off these days.
BeDazzle is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 01:47 AM   #26

junebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond repute

I have decided as some others not to buy anymore E Store items and not to renew my Deluxe when it runs out. Luckily (I guess) I had renewed my Deluxe right before they took it away. So I have almost a year left, that is plenty of time to consider where I want to go with my webkinz accounts. I have also not purchased any pets since Ganz took the Family Deluxe package away. I simply feel that they set us up and I for one do not like being mistreated. I have heard so many stories of how Ganz treats their retailers. I guess we are now being treated the same way. Maybe Ganz is so wealthy that they just don't care who they run over on their way to the bank.

I do however, see that the $2.00 option might be a good deal for some people. I also know that every move Ganz makes is thought out and calculated. I truely believe that they knew what they were going to do when they first offerred the Family Deluxe. It is a tactic that has been used for centuries. It is nothing new, just this time it happened to all of us and our children. It was wrong and it diminishes our trust in the very thing that we all so enjoyed. As for me I am trying really hard not to let this ruin playing with my webkinz. After all I have invested a lot of money in my 291 pets on 6 accounts.

The common thread here is we all love webkinz and this just made some of us stop and stand back for a moment and we realized that we are certainly not as valued as we might have thought.
junebugwebkinz is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 02:14 AM   #27

Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!

If people here are going to do what they are telling, as to stop going deluxe, Ganz will loose some business here .
While there will be in the beginning a lot of new customers going for $2 option just to tray, will the offered benefits on the plan be enough to keep them?... I do not think so.
To have extra activities in deluxs to me is like oppen one more account. I addopt more then one pet a year any way. Opening second account gives me additiolal jobs, additional rare, i do not care about customization , while i do not get some others Deluxe activities but second account doubles my account activities , Holiday prizes and so on.
$2 is chipper then to buy a pet but it gives you just one month , one $7-$12 pet will keep your extra account for a year
So the ONLY good benefits Dalux offers are subscription prize, monthly gifts and e points, Those are the only reasons why you really need deluxe not the extra activities. Activities supposed to be something extra just to balk up the main benefits, it is like a free balloon that my kid gets after my family had a dinner at Chevies. What would people say if Chavies would suddenly start charging them for that balloon? What if Mc Donalds would stars charge us for a the toy kids get in happy mill? ( at least the happy mill toy cost a dime to manufacture ).... It cast ganz NOTHING to let us to do extra job and they do not have to pay Curio so he can sell us an extra rare
Hide-and-seek is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 03:07 AM   #28
OnlineMommie is on a distinguished road

Really mad about this too....can't afford to pay $180 (45 x 4) for what I got for $45. Oh I forgot, I can pay $96 and get half as much? I feel that Ganz is just getting too greedy and it's not fun any more! However, I may be forced to pay that $8 (4 accounts x $2) once; I let it expire and didn't get the clothes out of the "Deluxe" dress category. Does anyone know what happens to them, and if I can get them back? Don't remember what was in there.....too many pets!

OnlineMommie
OnlineMommie is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 03:23 AM   #29
Gift Guru

0bserver has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by OnlineMommie
Really mad about this too....can't afford to pay $180 (45 x 4) for what I got for $45. Oh I forgot, I can pay $96 and get half as much? I feel that Ganz is just getting too greedy and it's not fun any more! However, I may be forced to pay that $8 (4 accounts x $2) once; I let it expire and didn't get the clothes out of the "Deluxe" dress category. Does anyone know what happens to them, and if I can get them back? Don't remember what was in there.....too many pets!
The clothes got placed in your dock. You didn't lose any of your clothing...at least, shouldn't have.
0bserver is offline Male
Old 05-20-2010, 05:14 AM   #30
Gift Guru

likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!

Frankly, all this really proves is how GANZ has sunk to a new low to monger another buck out of its customer base by using the kids on the site. In the past whenever they wanted to entice buyers into the eStore, they placed their ads about cool stuff and customers went in there on their own and made purchases. This is the first time now that they have actually posted a $$$ cost for anything, and right on the front page of the site too, so there's absolutely no missing it.

There was a previous post that was bang on- this way the kids playing the site can see it and go pester their parents, "Aw come on, it's ONLY two dollars a month! Can we get it?"

However with this so-called deluxe option, the best parts of having the real Deluxe membership have been stripped away: the monthly gift, the big prize for subscribing, and the eStore points. With this $2 ripoff, so you get another job and additional Academy class, whoop-de-do. The additional Deluxe activities are the same letdowns as the regular ones, more and more food off the wheels and prize machines or another chance at a "rare" item that most of us already have a million of sitting in a spare room in our Webkinz house.

It's refreshing to read that people here in WI are making smart decisions on what they feel their dollar is worth, and that it is NOT worth throwing real money to GANZ while they cower sniveling and wringing their hands together, drooling at the thought of yet another dollar in exchange for something intangible.

Using the kids just goes to show how spurious their marketers really are.

However, on a positive note, this does reflect one thing: so many people have refrained from buying the Deluxe Membership, it has hit GANZ pretty hard in the bank account to reduce them to tactics like this.... hopefully we are making our point.

Last edited by likmfurry; 05-20-2010 at 06:24 AM..
likmfurry is offline Male
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: