Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 10:19 PM   #11
Webkinz :)

Aikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comrade
Aikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comrade

Default Re: Webkinz "$2 Deluxe Membership" Explained

Kinda lame if you ask me
Aikou is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2010, 10:37 PM   #12
kmmhug has a spectacular aura aboutkmmhug has a spectacular aura about

Yep, it made me mad to see that this morning. I had a family membership for me and my 3 kids. Without a family membership we will not be joining. No way am I paying slightly over double the price for the four of us to be 2 dollar a month members, and receive no e-store points, and no monthly clothes gift boxes. Those are the things that we enjoyed and with the e-store points, you got most of the cost of the membership back and the kids got to split the points between them. It ended up not a bad deal, although it did ensure that we spent money at the e-store, which we had never previously done. In fact we spent more money than just the membership cost, because frequently the kids managed to talk me out of buying them just 10 dollars of points since they were just a "little" short! No more. We will use up the points left, and not be buying more!

I feel like they just tweeted the comment about working on a family option to stop the phones calls, but have no real intention of doing it....They got what they wanted and the calls have died down, and now they are getting kids all over to beg for a mere 2 dollars a month... It is there business and they can do what they want, but it is also my money and I can spend it how I want, and right now, that is not on webkinz!
kmmhug is offline Female
Old 05-19-2010, 11:16 PM   #13
OST

alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!

Well, I think it is meant FOR kids... for just $2 a month, they get to have all the cool Deluxe features inside WW world. What kid that can use a computer can't earn $2 a month in allowance doing something around the house? I don't think it was meant to replace or compete with any of the other plans, it was simply a cheap way for kids to get the daily in-game extras on a short-term plan. I'm sure many parents have said "No" to the annual plans long before the changes because they don't know if their child will still play, or even LIKE Webkinz by then, and now they're out $45 for nothing! That's just the way some kids are, right? Also, many parents would rather their kids NOT go on the eStore at all, because everything there just costs more real money, and some Webkinz playing kids are too young for the eStore anyways. So if you would rather your child got a plan that does NOT award any eStore points, this one does just that. It's a totally new set of options.
alleine is offline Female
Old 05-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #14
onderful World!
Gifted

ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!ArtySmarty is headed for the top!

The sparkle of Deluxe membership has really fizzled out in my eyes. Without a family deluxe option, I am not doing it. And without those monthly e-Store points, I probably won't be tempted to spend the additional 15-20/month there. More money for me! Thanks, Ganz!

I guess the other part of me was a tad upset at this ad, as it makes it more difficult to explain to children why Deluxe--stripped of the extras--is unaffordable now.

Last edited by ArtySmarty; 05-19-2010 at 11:21 PM..
ArtySmarty is offline Female
Old 05-19-2010, 11:33 PM   #15
Healthcare only 25kc
Xenangel is a name known to allXenangel is a name known to allXenangel is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by alleine
Well, I think it is meant FOR kids... for just $2 a month, they get to have all the cool Deluxe features inside WW world. What kid that can use a computer can't earn $2 a month in allowance doing something around the house? I don't think it was meant to replace or compete with any of the other plans, it was simply a cheap way for kids to get the daily in-game extras on a short-term plan. I'm sure many parents have said "No" to the annual plans long before the changes because they don't know if their child will still play, or even LIKE Webkinz by then, and now they're out $45 for nothing! That's just the way some kids are, right? Also, many parents would rather their kids NOT go on the eStore at all, because everything there just costs more real money, and some Webkinz playing kids are too young for the eStore anyways. So if you would rather your child got a plan that does NOT award any eStore points, this one does just that. It's a totally new set of options.
These are some good points, especially for kids who lose interest too quickly. I like the option that I could reactivate my account with just $2. When money is tight it's cheaper than buying another pet.

The family membership was a really good deal, but we don't need the Deluxe goodies to enjoy Webkinz. We are thankful to be able to renew so cheaply.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:53 PM   #16
Gift Guru

Mynoey is sweet stuff
Mynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuffMynoey is sweet stuff

I would never pay for that. I think it's a farce. They never even made the activities customer friendly by making all of them available all day so all deluxe members would be guaranteed being able to use them. Why spend money on more activities you may not even be able to be online to play? At least with the real Family Deluxe you knew there were benefits you would always get every month.

I was hopeful when they said they were working on something else. Wasn't hopeful that it would be as good a value...but still hopeful. I get less hopeful every day. Without hearing we need it NOW...they don't seem to be in any rush to bring out a new Family Deluxe.

Not sure what I will do with all the accounts I would have paid Family Deluxe for but I know what I won't do. I won't buy their $2 option and I won't pay $45 a piece to Deluxe them. If they don't bring out a real Family Deluxe again...I guess I'll have less accounts...and spend less money on Ganz.
Mynoey is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 12:08 AM   #17
Gift Guru

0bserver has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Xenangel
These are some good points, especially for kids who lose interest too quickly. I like the option that I could reactivate my account with just $2. When money is tight it's cheaper than buying another pet.

The family membership was a really good deal, but we don't need the Deluxe goodies to enjoy Webkinz. We are thankful to be able to renew so cheaply.
Wow. Someone who agrees with me.
0bserver is offline Male
Old 05-20-2010, 12:25 AM   #18
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

The $2 option is good for people with only 1 WW account in their family--if they don't already have deluxe. If they have deluxe and are wanting to renew, then it is not a good deal if they love that monthly gift box with the exclusive clothing item, the wish token and the extra random prize (because with the $2 option, you don't get that monthly box and you don't get the monthly eStore points). It is also more costly for families with multiple accounts. It costs more money and you get less benefits than before.
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 12:37 AM   #19

panda1 will become famous soon enough

I have never had deluxe before and I have liked the $2 option a lot. I tend to buy from the estore at times, and have saved on the discounts there as well as enjoying the dailies and being able to buy rares offered only to deluxe. So, I guess someone likes it!
panda1 is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 12:38 AM   #20
trixietangles is a jewel in the roughtrixietangles is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by alleine
Nicely put Alleine, you put a whole new perspective on the subject.
trixietangles is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: