Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 10:44 PM   #111
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Default Re: Webkinz "$2 Deluxe Membership" Explained

View Post Originally Posted by larissanicole
I tried to get it as I've never had deluxe and when i got to the payment spot it wouldn't let me go ahead and do it unless I agreed to autobilling for 12 months. How did you get it to let you only do one month?
You have to agree to the autobilling to purchase the $2 membership. They are supposed to send you an email with a link in it if you want to stop the membership/autobilling; so be on the lookout for your email. I think you can also stop it if you view your purchases in the eStore. There should be a link next to your $2 membership plan purchase.
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2010, 10:53 PM   #112
Gift Guru

0bserver has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by junebugwebkinz
I totally recognized the bait and switch game. I even remember thinking when they first made the Family Deluxe available that what happens if they get rid of it? I sort of knew what was up from the beginning. I was just hoping that Ganz would not use this tactic. Well they did...... It ruins the trust we had in them..

You know the folks here at Wi are very intelligent. Ganz underestimated that for sure....
Heh, I go back even further, I guess...with the inception of the eStore. My first impression was that it was going to be trouble. Go figure. Like I said elsewhere...No eStore, no Deluxe, no caste system. This stuff becomes a moot point. I'm just too distrustful to think any company has the best interest of the customer in mind, so it's honestly no surprise the results.

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal
You have to agree to the autobilling to purchase the $2 membership. They are supposed to send you an email with a link in it if you want to stop the membership/autobilling; so be on the lookout for your email. I think you can also stop it if you view your purchases in the eStore. There should be a link next to your $2 membership plan purchase.
Not justifying it at all, but you CAN cancel it. I haven't just because I need to collect the Persian theme still. I can handle a three-four month stint of $2 per month. So knowing that, the fine print doesn't bother me. Now if I didn't know this, it might be more...interesting.

Last edited by 0bserver; 05-20-2010 at 10:53 PM..
0bserver is offline Male
Old 05-20-2010, 11:27 PM   #113

diannebee will become famous soon enough

even at $2/month - it's too much - I have 8 accounts I buy for and that's $24/ year per account. That's $200 bucks and I don't get the monthly deluxe box! I could live w/out the estore points, but getting that deluxe box every month is something I looked forward to.

Sorry, can't afford that - I am currently kinzposting all my stuff to my main account and will let the smaller two expire when their time runs out. I haven't talked to my kids yet about doing that with theirs, but it might just happen anyway.
diannebee is offline Female
Old 05-21-2010, 12:04 AM   #114
StarWhispers

StarWhispers has much to be proud ofStarWhispers has much to be proud ofStarWhispers has much to be proud ofStarWhispers has much to be proud of

Donation Award 
Angry Re: Webkinz "$2 Deluxe Membership" Explained

I understand the excitement and the frustration. Our family bought the deluxe family membership the first month it came out. My sister was the one who talked me into buying the membership so our family had a fun game to share. I had my two sons, my oldest daughter, plus two nieces on the family deluxe membership. We have always been loyal to ganz. When ever I bought a stuffed animal it was always a webkinz. But after the email they sent me I honestly do not want to buy anything from them. This is the email in question:
Spoiler: show

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

With recent changes to the membership options available to regular and Deluxe Webkinz members, we have decided to discontinue our Deluxe Family Membership program. Our research showed that this option was causing the most confusion among our members, and decided it no longer fit into our product mix.

All members who currently have Family Memberships will of course be able to continue to use these memberships until they expire.

We are also looking into alternative options to help serve parents with multiple children, in an effort to provide the best consumer experience for all our present and future deluxe users.

Please note that we have also introduced a $2 monthly deluxe membership in order to provide consumers with a more economical way to access all the Webkinz World benefits that are associated to Deluxe Membership. For a list of the available membership upgrades, please visit: www.ganzestore.com/membershipcategory.

Thank you,

Ganz eStore Support

First they told all of us at the twitter party that they would be working towards fixing this problem. But the email they sent me contradicts what they have said to everyone. The second reason, instead of answering my question they send an premeditate reply. Which did not pertain to my question in the least bit. My final reason, the email states the reason the deluxe family membership was retired was because of the confusion that the costumers had. But then why have any deluxe membership available? Was anyone here confused on what the family deluxe membership entailed? Anyone who wanted to purchase a family deluxe membership had to be over the age of 18. It is a bit to much for me to follow honestly. I do not think I will buy estore items again. My family and I still love webkinz and well still buy the little critters every once and a while just not nearly as much as before this conundrum.
StarWhispers is offline Female
Old 05-21-2010, 10:06 AM   #115

mollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond reputemollee84 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been enjoying Webkinz for a little over a year now. It's a fun activity to share with my daughter, niece and nephew, but I'll admit I would continue to play even if they lost interest!

I have never bought eStore or had a Deluxe account for one simple reason: I do not use credit cards. DH and I decided years ago to curtail credit card use. He has used a personal credit card for travel whenever someone doesn't accept his company-issued American Express. We keep another one with a zero balance for emergencies.

It's funny to me how I've gone all this time only using debit cards for purchases such as airplane tickets, car rental, department store purchases, online purchases, school tuition for my children.... but the eStore doesn't take debit cards! When I emailed them about this, I got a form letter that had NOTHING to do with my question. Fine. Their loss.

I see less and less regular plushes in stores these days. They seem to be focusing on Signatures. With the addition of small Signatures and endangered Signatures, I can sense where this is going.
mollee84 is offline Female
Old 05-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #116

webkinz215 is on a distinguished road

I am a parent and we joined in year two. Sorry to burst your bubble, I am not a Ganz employee. I am of the opinion, when reading tweets and comments at Webkinz Newz, that they are way too nice; diplomatic with the disgruntled. They said they would address the issue with the family option, concurrently they are adding new stuff to the website, they are dealing with a glitch in servers, etc. Given my family's extensive length of patronage, I am willing to let them work it out by being patient. As they say, 'patience is a virtue".
webkinz215 is offline Female
Old 05-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #117
ツ JenKittyCat

cocoabean has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

The Creative Director stated that Ganz has heard the complaints and is looking into creating a new option that will help out families with multiple accounts. The $2. option does not seem to be that option.

The discussion on this thread is getting out of hand and the thread will now be closed.
cocoabean is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: