Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 09:08 PM   #101
Webkinz :)
twinklestar will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Webkinz "$2 Deluxe Membership" Explained

Chiming in with the fact I haven't bought at estore since the demise of Family Deluxe. I soooo wanted the taurus bull, my oldest daughter is a taurus and it is so cute and reminds me of her. I just wouldn't buy it, principles have to matter. Instead of buying I capped the image. I guess I'll cap the darling little piggy plum pie pig and add it to my new folder "Kinz I Heart but Didn't Buy".
twinklestar is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #102

junebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=twinklestar;19470447]Chiming in with the fact I haven't bought at estore since the demise of Family Deluxe. I soooo wanted the taurus bull, my oldest daughter is a taurus and it is so cute and reminds me of her. I just wouldn't buy it, principles have to matter. Instead of buying I capped the image. I guess I'll cap the darling little piggy plum pie pig and add it to my new folder "Kinz I Heart but Didn't Buy".[/QUOTE]

Ah this almost made me cry. There are some I heart as well right now but I won't buy either. I must stand my ground......
junebugwebkinz is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 10:03 PM   #103
Gratefully
Gifted

WillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all around

Thanks for the use of the avvie SchmoopiePie! REP!

Last edited by WillWork4KC; 05-20-2010 at 10:06 PM..
WillWork4KC is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 10:03 PM   #104

gigiyp is an unknown quantity at this point

I am extremely disappointed with Ganz!! I don't have a problem with the $2 option. It may be a nice addition. My problem is with eliminating the Family Option. At $45 per individual, my family will no longer be able to participate. The price is now prohibitive for out household. We all loved getting the extra monthly gift package and have spent quite a lot of money in the eStore.

Ganz seems to be going out of their way to alienate us loyal customers. I looked forward to the new items in the eStore and loved the discounts. Now, because of 'greed' and a lack of respect for the customer, Ganz will be losing the extra dollars we were giving them.

Was the statement to address the Family Memberships just a lie???
Old 05-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #105
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by WillWork4KC
Thanks for the use of the avvie SchmoopiePie! REP!
Just a quick note: this avvie was made by Aries962

Click the image to open in full size.

And as SchmoopiePie said Aries is happy for people to use it.

She also made the sig below... (and it's OK to use this too)

I thought you might like to thank her too.

You are welcome to use this Avvie or Sig both made by the amazing Aries962

Last edited by Jarrah; 05-20-2010 at 10:35 PM..
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #106
Gratefully
Gifted

WillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all around

View Post Originally Posted by 0bserver
I would agree. And I'm part of the small percentage. My issue in all this hasn't been that GANZ deserves what they're getting. The corporation burned bridges...badly. And imo, it's irrecoverable, even if they restore the Family plan to pristine condition. Once a business breaks the trust of its customers, it takes a lot to recover them.

I went from semi-serious gamer to small percentage, in your terms, some because of finances and some by choice to simplify the game, as it were, and restore WHY I enjoyed Webkinz in the first place. No diss on anyone else.

Most of these posts have been about how GANZ messed up. The anger is entirely justified. There have been a few, though, that have been putting down the "little person" for their liking of the $2 plan. I've said this in the thread now in the eStore forum, but there is no need to paint a person who can only afford the $2, or even really likes it, as dumb for liking it. You might not have insinuated it, and I'm not targetting you, but there are still underlying tones in several of these posts. I am representing the people who don't speak about that.

These are two separate issues: $2 and family. They are apples and oranges. The $2 is not a replacement of it, even if GANZ "says" it. So the "$2 people" should not be targeted in the conversation. It's just not showing consideration...This new caste system is lame and I'd LOVE to see the end of the eStore so this type of bias is done away with.
Count me among those negatively impacted by a tanking economy. My Deluxe Account is a birthday gift. I've toyed with the idea of purchasing one many times in the past but simply couldn't justify the outlay.

My problem stems from the corporate attitude that we (the general public) are too ignorant to recognize a bait and switch game when we see one in motion.

Your comment regarding the creation of a caste system is spot on. I found it hard to understand why they devised and implemented a plan they HAD to know would create separate classes of "haves" and "have-nots".

The only plausible reason? GREED.

Last edited by WillWork4KC; 05-20-2010 at 10:56 PM..
Old 05-20-2010, 10:34 PM   #107
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by gigiyp
Was the statement to address the Family Memberships just a lie???
No the Creative Director said he would look into another family option. He did not say when. He is only one person but if you want to know what is going on make sure to tweet the WK twitter account and ask if they will honour this promise.
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 10:37 PM   #108

Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!Hide-and-seek is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Jarrah
Remember the $2 plan is not really replacing the family option - it's something completely new.

So - the question is does the $2/month work for you?

The loss of the family option is a different issue. Unquestionably a bad decision from the customer viewpoint.

If they had kept the Family option and added the $2 option how would you feel about that?
In my oppinion not...but i can see why some people would give it a try.
I am a grown up, joined WW last fall . And i put a lot of time into learning as much as possible about WW.
I would say 90% of the people on WW are the 5-10 years old kids who have 2-5 pets and play occasionally . They have some idea about Delux. It took me a lot of reading just to figure out all the benefits of Deluxe so if you do not put a lot of time into reading all the fine print $2 sounds good. But there are better strategies to do WW then going deluxe
While now i am big WW addict i wasn't one 4 years ago when my older played WW. So i was one of those parent who though it is waste of time ( well it is i did not want to buy another webkinz as my kid did not need another plush cluttering the room and if my kid then ask me about $2 deluxe my thinking would be...."well 2$ is not a big deal "( there is no way i would took more then a minute to look and compere and try to figure out all the benefits, what e points are, gift boxes or extra jobs are )
What would stop me is the idea that i have to spend 10 dollars to buy $2 membership which is still is not a big money but is it a red flag than company is using dirty techniques to get all the money it can.it means that there probably some other fine print and i for sure would not to spent my afternoon reading it so i would just said "no "
While ganz hardly the only company that does it most of the people can recognize it and stay away
the point is that most of the WW members are casual players who has to ask parent about deluxe and most of them do not have the good understanding of the difference i if i would not be addicted to WW i would be one of those parents and i would say "no deluxe for you, it is more complicated that they make it sound "
on the other hand 2$ delux could have been a good way to introduce Deluxe for the people who could not commit to ful version but i just do not think it has enough benefits do so
Hide-and-seek is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 10:44 PM   #109

junebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond reputejunebugwebkinz has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by WillWork4KC
Count me among those negatively impacted by a tanking economy. My Deluxe Account is a birthday gift. I've toyed with the idea of purchasing one many times in the past but simply couldn't justify the outlay.

My problem stems from the corporate attitude that we (the general public) are too ignorant to recognize a bait and switch game when we see one in motion.
I totally recognized the bait and switch game. I even remember thinking when they first made the Family Deluxe available that what happens if they get rid of it? I sort of knew what was up from the beginning. I was just hoping that Ganz would not use this tactic. Well they did...... It ruins the trust we had in them..

You know the folks here at Wi are very intelligent. Ganz underestimated that for sure....

Last edited by junebugwebkinz; 05-20-2010 at 10:44 PM..
junebugwebkinz is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 10:44 PM   #110
Gratefully
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Jarrah
Just a quick note: this avvie was made by Aries962

And as SchmoopiePie said Aries is happy for people to use it.

She also made the sig below... (and it's OK to use this too)

I thought you might like to thank her too.

Thanks Aries962! Great Work! Thanks to Jarrah for bringing this to my attention!

You are welcome to use this Avvie or Sig both made by the amazing Aries962
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: