Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 07:47 PM   #91
Gratefully
Gifted

WillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all around

Default Re: Webkinz "$2 Deluxe Membership" Explained

View Post Originally Posted by 0bserver
Wow. Someone who agrees with me.
Your points are well taken and I wholeheartedly agree the new plan will work for a small percentage of members. Unfortunately, the larger percentage of long-time serious gamers lose: big-time.

Let's compare plans:

Deluxe Family/5 accounts @ an annual cost of $45.00 that entitled the account holders to full-blown deluxe privileges/features, monthly gift boxes and (what breaks down to) 1000 estore points per month per account.
45/5=9 per year per account. Final monthly cost: .75 cents per account
The estore points (if purchased) would cost $60.00. Bottom line: the cost of the points alone exceeded the cost of an annual membership fee.

Economy plan. No gifts. No estore points. Final cost: $2.00 per month/$24.00 per year. More corporate profit/fewer perks.

Last edited by WillWork4KC; 05-20-2010 at 07:52 PM..
WillWork4KC is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #92
jeanne0952
Webkinz :)

emmie0952 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for telling us! That was so helpful! My friend has gotten this membership and she loves it.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #93
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

*Sighs* I'm not sure many people would want to buy that. Really, they took away the most exciting gifts that people really enjoy. I do hope that they bring Family Membership back, I'm sure more people would want it other than the $2 Deluze Membership.

Thanks for the information FIA!
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #94
Gift Guru

0bserver has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by WillWork4KC
Your points are well taken and I wholeheartedly agree the new plan will work for a small percentage of members. Unfortunately, the larger percentage of long-time serious gamers lose: big-time.
I would agree. And I'm part of the small percentage. My issue in all this hasn't been that GANZ deserves what they're getting. The corporation burned bridges...badly. And imo, it's irrecoverable, even if they restore the Family plan to pristine condition. Once a business breaks the trust of its customers, it takes a lot to recover them.

I went from semi-serious gamer to small percentage, in your terms, some because of finances and some by choice to simplify the game, as it were, and restore WHY I enjoyed Webkinz in the first place. No diss on anyone else.

Most of these posts have been about how GANZ messed up. The anger is entirely justified. There have been a few, though, that have been putting down the "little person" for their liking of the $2 plan. I've said this in the thread now in the eStore forum, but there is no need to paint a person who can only afford the $2, or even really likes it, as dumb for liking it. You might not have insinuated it, and I'm not targetting you, but there are still underlying tones in several of these posts. I am representing the people who don't speak about that.

These are two separate issues: $2 and family. They are apples and oranges. The $2 is not a replacement of it, even if GANZ "says" it. So the "$2 people" should not be targeted in the conversation. It's just not showing consideration...This new caste system is lame and I'd LOVE to see the end of the eStore so this type of bias is done away with.
0bserver is offline Male
Old 05-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #95
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

Remember the $2 plan is not really replacing the family option - it's something completely new.

So - the question is does the $2/month work for you?

The loss of the family option is a different issue. Unquestionably a bad decision from the customer viewpoint.

If they had kept the Family option and added the $2 option how would you feel about that?
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #96
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

I think it's wonderful that Ganz has offered other options...but, if they do not offer a family type of Deluxe....we will not renew when our 2 subscriptions run out....
TNVOLS is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #97
Gift Guru

peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by SchmoopiePie
Everyone welcome with open arms the:

Ganz - "Pay more & get much less Plan!"

Yeah whatever!!! I was extremely irate when they canceled the family deluxe plan & ranted on until I decided they actually did me a favor by showing their true colors (greedy for green) & lack of customer loyalty. We have 18 accounts here and we are not renewing our deluxe, we are spending another cent at the Estore & and we may not even buy many more plushes! Even if they bring back the family deluxe & even if it costs LESS than before - we are NOT BUYING ANYMORE!! They have pushed their luck TOO FAR!! We are playing on our accounts still, but much less than before. When our accounts are about to expire, we might renew the main ones by getting one lil'kinz plush when they go on sale to extend it a year if we are even still interested at all then; but the hundreds and hundreds they were so lucky to have got out of our pockets before, will not be flowing into their greedy arms anymore! It's bad enough that all the local retailers say that Ganz is a nightmare to deal with but smacking your loyal customers in the face is the last straw!

BTW feel free to copy my avie if you agree with it. Aries962 made it & said we should all feel free to use it.

I am in total agreement with SchmoopiePie!!! Thanks for permission to use the avvie, I put it on right away!!!!

No Family Deluxe = no more $$$ for Ganz, NOT buying anything!

Think it over Ganz, I know you have said "we have heard you" but YOU REALLY HAVEN'T!!!!!!!!!

I liked one of the grandmother's comments about Scrapbooking ......... yes, we all choose our addictions ..................... and I have a ton of pictures that need to be put into books!!!!!

Hope you read this post Creative Director or someone from Ganz!! We want you to take ACTION and actually DO something instead of try to soothe us with your words!!!!

BTW, I put this in the largest text possible just in case y'all are having difficulty getting the message so many before me have said!
peace1430 is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 08:57 PM   #98
hat happened?
Gift Guru

Isabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicness
Isabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicnessIsabelle123 is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by MarielofRedwall
*Sighs* I'm not sure many people would want to buy that. Really, they took away the most exciting gifts that people really enjoy. I do hope that they bring Family Membership back, I'm sure more people would want it other than the $2 Deluze Membership.

Thanks for the information FIA!
Egg-zactly what I was thinking.
Isabelle123 is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 09:04 PM   #99
Webkinz :)
larissanicole will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by lorib64
I bought it. I've never had deluxe and thought I would try it for a month. I don't need most of the options, but I like that I can book a party in kinzchat + and that there are available times. Not sure if I'll keep it, though. You don't pay with e-store points so it was $2 on my credit card.

I didn't have it, but I think I understand the anger that they got rid of the family deluxe plan without warning.
I tried to get it as I've never had deluxe and when i got to the payment spot it wouldn't let me go ahead and do it unless I agreed to autobilling for 12 months. How did you get it to let you only do one month?
larissanicole is offline Female
Old 05-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #100
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

I don't find this a good deal at all...
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: