Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 43 votes, 4.51 average. Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 07:17 PM   #12331
Webkinz :)

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

Default Re: We need your help -- Let's work on some new sprites!

View Post Originally Posted by jessie_1721
i only have paint on my desktop do you know how to make the canvas smaller??
I use paint to make mine. I like to zoom in 800% to see it better.
Secret Ninja is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2010, 07:19 PM   #12332
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

i only have paint on my desktop do you know how to make the canvas smaller??
I don't use paint, I can't even seem to find it on my computer-I was going to pull it up and peek at it...but I'm pretty sure that even if you can't resize the canvas you could maybe just draw the image on a smaller part of it so when you crop it you aren't changing your actual image...does that make sense? Basically, if you can't make the workspace to the dimensions you need, you can just draw the image really small on it and crop it later...I gotta go see if I can't find that paint program...

ok, found it! What you can do, to gauge how big your drawing should be is you could copy a sprite that is the right size and paste it onto your blank work space...Then when you draw yours, just make sure you are drawing it that small-you can use the zoom tool to see the details better...
dragonbird is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:26 PM   #12333

WebkinzWeirdo is a glorious beacon of lightWebkinzWeirdo is a glorious beacon of lightWebkinzWeirdo is a glorious beacon of light

what animal should i do next for sprites?? any ideas?
When making my sprites, I paste an accepted sprite into paint (any sprite will do, this is just what I use for size reference) I also paste a picture of the pet I will be doing. (make sure you do this because this is where I get my colors to use for my sprites) You can get a picture of any pet you are doing from this link:

(Picture Gallery) Pet Special Foods & Pet Specific Items - Webkinz Insider Wiki

When you do that, zoom in to 8x. Also if you are doing a pet that looks similar in body shape to one already made, you can paste that in too. ( just make sure you get permission from whoever made it)(if you are able to find out who that is) An example would be if you were trying to make a blueberry cheeky dog (which I just recently did) I pasted both of these pictures into paint when I was making the blueberry cheeky dog:

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
For me, I just recolored my cheeky dog that I made to make my blueberry cheeky dogClick the image to open in full size. !!!

I really hope this helps you so you don't have to resize your pictures

WebkinzWeirdo is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:31 PM   #12334

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzweirdo13
When making my sprites, I paste an accepted sprite into paint (any sprite will do, this is just what I use for size reference) I also paste a picture of the pet I will be doing. (make sure you do this because this is where I get my colors to use for my sprites) You can get a picture of any pet you are doing from this link:

When you do that, zoom in to 8x. Also if you are doing a pet that looks similar in body shape to one already made, you can paste that in too. ( just make sure you get permission from whoever made it)(if you are able to find out who that is) An example would be if you were trying to make a blueberry cheeky dog (which I just recently did) I pasted both of these pictures into paint when I was making the blueberry cheeky dog:

For me, I just recolored my cheeky dog that I made to make my blueberry cheeky dogClick the image to open in full size. !!!

I do that too! Except for my hamster, I made my hamster from scratch and I used to get the colours.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:40 PM   #12335

jessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzweirdo13

thanks i think that this is going to help!
View Post Originally Posted by BellaSwan
This is my very first attempt at making sprites, so I apologize if they're terrible lol. I'm not used to working with such a tiny graphic size lol. I did two of my favorite pets that haven't been represented yet, one each static and one each animated.

Click the image to open in full size. Pegasus sitting

Click the image to open in full size. Pegasus in the Clouds animated

Click the image to open in full size. Cherry Blossom Bird

Click the image to open in full size. Cherry Blossom Bird Smiling animated

hi would this help you?? Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by jessie_1721; 08-31-2010 at 07:40 PM..
jessie_1721 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:41 PM   #12336

The white background came back at the end :\
Old 08-31-2010, 07:42 PM   #12337
e can all be
Banned
lo8nl wears the mantle of perfection with gracelo8nl wears the mantle of perfection with gracelo8nl wears the mantle of perfection with gracelo8nl wears the mantle of perfection with gracelo8nl wears the mantle of perfection with gracelo8nl wears the mantle of perfection with gracelo8nl wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Hello, I made my first sprite, a cocker spaniel:
Click the image to open in full size.
lo8nl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:43 PM   #12338

jessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond reputejessie_1721 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i saw that too i tried taking that out but then the clould went transparent too

View Post Originally Posted by lo8nl
Hello, I made my first sprite, a cocker spaniel:
Click the image to open in full size.
awesome
jessie_1721 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:46 PM   #12339
Mayora 13

KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character
KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character

I can get rid of that flash of white if you'd like!
KinzUser2523 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:46 PM   #12340

yeah i saw that too i tried taking that out but then the clould went transparent too

awesome
Try taking the picture and making the background purple, then try making it transparent. (It doesn't have to be purple, thought. Just any colour that isn't white)

Tags
alexander & jenny, applesauce, awnie alligator, citycat got a tag, cocokl9 in the house!, crashkittenjr was here!, cute loves horses, epic thread! yay!, f l a m e d a n c e, goldendoodle, gp was here!, heart891011 was here, kittycats was here, lhl was here, lps3cheese got a tag!, pookie rawks!, sherlock attack, slyinslytherin, stepheatedursprites, tea ♥ pizza, webkinslover420 wuz here!, what one to make?, wi sprites, wtl43 loves yeww(:, yay sprit

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: