Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 43 votes, 4.51 average. Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 12:56 AM   #10411
shined0wn
Webkinz :)

Fluffeh will become famous soon enough

Default Re: We need your help -- Let's work on some new sprites!

Kay, I checked right before I posted and there was no snowman accepted yet so here's mine. If there's already one that's going to be accepted then just count this as one for fun. I wanted to try out shading anyway.

Click the image to open in full size.

It's 32x34 so I think it's okay but if it needs to be resized I can do that too.
Fluffeh is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2010, 12:59 AM   #10412
OST

alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!

Alright, I made these three for use in the Recipe Solving threads!
Click the image to open in full size. Blend!
Click the image to open in full size. Cook!
Click the image to open in full size. Get Sandwichin'!
alleine is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:00 AM   #10413
Mayora 13

KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character
KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character

View Post Originally Posted by alleine
Alright, I made these three for use in the Recipe Solving threads!
Click the image to open in full size. Blend!
Click the image to open in full size. Cook!
Click the image to open in full size. Get Sandwichin'!
Those are AWESOME!!!
KinzUser2523 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:08 AM   #10414
OST

alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!alleine is not just visiting!

Thanks! Everyone else is so busy making all the hundreds of different pets, I thought I would do some other WW icons that could come in handy for use on WI! The trickiest part is making something that is still recognizable at 34x34 pixels!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:42 AM   #10415
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

Default [langtitle=de]Re: We need your help -- Let's work on some new sprites![/langtitle]

[lang=de]How do you make those, alleine? [/lang]
tarsky781 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:43 AM   #10416

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

Well, its almost 2:00AM< I should go to bed. I'll make more in the morning Good night!
Secret Ninja is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:47 AM   #10417
uvs her Dad
Gift Guru

Rusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonder

'Night Secret Ninja!
Rusty Shovel is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:58 AM   #10418
OST

Default Re: [langtitle=de]Re: We need your help -- Let's work on some new sprites![/langtitle]

View Post Originally Posted by tarsky781
[lang=de]How do you make those, alleine? [/lang]
I have photoshop, so I crop them out of a screenshot, remove the background, resize about halfway (100x100pixels or so), redo edges and reshape things like letters that have gotten blurred and smushed by shrinking, and then resize again down to 34x34. At this point I adjust the colors one pixel at a time to correct the last shrink.
If you don't have photoshop or a similar editing program with transparency features, you can use lunapic.com for that part. Save as a .gif and then upload to tinypic.com or similar hosting site.

I know Justin's rules say we are not to use Ganz's images, and taking screenshots from WW sort of is, but after all the resizing and color work, I don't see why we can't use this kind of sprite. It's our representation of their pets and logos, not actual copies of the work Ganz did.

Hint: a good thing to do before posting your finished copy of a sprite is to check that it is properly edged. Put your .gif onto three different background colors... a solid white, a black, and a bright color that isn't in your sprite (bright green, pink, yellow). Check along the edges for any pixels that are out of place that might have blended in to one of the other backgrounds without being noticed before! Often you will catch a few stray white pixels that might have ended up 'floating' around your sprite by mistake.

Last edited by alleine; 08-25-2010 at 01:58 AM..
Old 08-25-2010, 02:13 AM   #10419
uvs her Dad
Gift Guru

Rusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonderRusty Shovel wows us all with wonder

My Sprites!
Spoiler: show

Click the image to open in full size. Brown Arabian
Click the image to open in full size. Clydsdale (SP)
Click the image to open in full size. Blue Googles
Click the image to open in full size. Pink Googles
Click the image to open in full size. White Googles
Click the image to open in full size. Boston Terrier
Click the image to open in full size. American Buffalo
Click the image to open in full size. Miss Birdy

Click the image to open in full size. Happy Embarresed
Click the image to open in full size. Photographer
Click the image to open in full size. Half Smile
Click the image to open in full size. Happy 'Stick your tounge out'
Click the image to open in full size. What?

UPDATES:
Click the image to open in full size. Beaver

Click the image to open in full size. Chicken
Click the image to open in full size. Mocha Pup

Click the image to open in full size. Walrus

The newest is: Walrus!

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Rusty Shovel; 08-25-2010 at 08:59 AM..
Rusty Shovel is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:44 AM   #10420
here's Bunny?

susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!susbrain is not just visiting!

These are my spirites so far:

Click the image to open in full size. Chimpanzee
Click the image to open in full size. Bubblegum Cheeky Cat
Click the image to open in full size. Cheeky Cat
Click the image to open in full size. Bubblegum cheeky cat looking around
Click the image to open in full size. Blinking mouse head with the word "CHEESE!"

What do you think? Should I make more?

oops the cheeky cats messed up.....i'll fix them later.

Last edited by susbrain; 08-25-2010 at 03:44 AM..
susbrain is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
alexander & jenny, applesauce, awnie alligator, citycat got a tag, cocokl9 in the house!, crashkittenjr was here!, cute loves horses, epic thread! yay!, f l a m e d a n c e, goldendoodle, gp was here!, heart891011 was here, kittycats was here, lhl was here, lps3cheese got a tag!, pookie rawks!, sherlock attack, slyinslytherin, stepheatedursprites, tea ♥ pizza, webkinslover420 wuz here!, what one to make?, wi sprites, wtl43 loves yeww(:, yay sprit

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: