Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 43 votes, 4.51 average. Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default We need your help -- Let's work on some new sprites!

Okay everyone, I think it's finally time to add some more sprites into WI. In addition, I'd like to replace some of the ones we have here on WI already because the sizes are so inconsistent. This time I'd like to make specific guidelines for creating the sprites.
  1. Each dimension must be no smaller than 30px and no larger than 34px (so you can have 34x34 or 31x34, 32x32, etc).
  2. Sprites must be in GIF or PNG format (JPGs can't have transparency, and making a JPG sprite transparent is quite difficult on our end).
  3. Must be your original work. (Although you may use the current WI sprites as a base)
  4. The easiest way to make them is to use the "Pencil" tool in your drawing program.

I've gone ahead and gotten rid of the ones that were under/over-sized based on my guidelines above.

Be creative... They don't all have to be Webkinz facing you straight on if you've got other ideas... And we're not against animated sprites...

Let's see what'cha got!

Just some notes from a user as the thread continues to rock and roll!

View Post Originally Posted by Quack Quack
You are all doing fabulous

I am going to repost some things just so you don't get confused

#1 - You cannot shrink GANZ images. Justin said that they are not really "sprites" and are not your work.

#2- Don't have a program? If you have windows, you may have MS Paint on your computer. If you go to the start menu and hit "Run", then type in mspaint , if you have it, it should show up

How to help out..

#3- Drawing them. If you want to draw from from scratch, use the pencil tool on paint.

#4- Recolor them. Use one that is already posted as a base, and recolor it to make a new pet. (EX: Take the cheeky monkey, and turn it into a sock monkey)

#5- Animate them! Animation is really fun. If you cannot really draw or recolor, try to animate by making them blink, wave, etc. You can use Lunapic.com and make a slideshow

#6 Make them creative. Instead of just having a normal sprite like the ones we have, make them exciting by turning the angles or something

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Wooooah! 3000 posts to read!!! I'll be busy today! I've added a few, but I've had to eliminate SO many good ones because the pixel size is off. Remember, if the "canvas" is 34x34, but the sprite itself, once you cut out the blank space is only 29x34 (or whatever), it doesn't qualify. Keep working on them and double-check the size on any sprites you've made and re-post!
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
rleong

Default re: We need your help -- Let's work on some new sprites!

Okay, I've gone ahead and cleared them out, so figured I'd better bump this before there are too many questions!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
rleong

Default re: We need your help -- Let's work on some new sprites!

I know that the Fantail Goldfish, Caramel Lion, Bullfrog, Bluejay, Hippo and Pink Poodle don't fit my requirements, but they're used in the Doug Tracking thread, so we needed to keep them for now (you're welcome to create replacements).
Old 08-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #4
Wacky Be
Gifted

wikylo is a creator of wonder
wikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonder

Default Re: We need your help -- Let's work on some new sprites!

OMG! Yay! I have some that I made a year or two ago. Let me go find them and resize them appropriately and I might help make some more! I'm so happy! This is way overdue. lol

Thanks Justin!!!
wikylo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #5
rleong

View Post Originally Posted by wikylo
This is way overdue. lol

Thanks Justin!!!
Hey hey hey, now... Well.. you're right.. it is
Old 08-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
Wacky Be
Gifted

wikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonder

lol Justin

Well, those that I made were WAY too small, so it's back to the drawing board!

I'll have some up here by the end of the day, so no worries!

Gosh, I'm pumped!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
Gift Guru

kittycats10 is a forum hero
kittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum hero

Oooh, I'll try to make some! Is it okay if they don't look exactly like the sprites that we used to have? And is there an easy way to make them? (eg. photoshop?)
kittycats10 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #8
rleong

View Post Originally Posted by kittycats10
Oooh, I'll try to make some! Is it okay if they don't look exactly like the sprites that we used to have? And is there an easy way to make them? (eg. photoshop?)
Of course it's okay! Variety is good! I think many were bored with the old ones and I was tired of the hugely different sizes! As far as how to create them.... ask someone who knows their stuff like wikylo seems to!
Old 08-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #9
Gift Guru

kittycats10 is a forum hero
kittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum hero

Okay! I'm working on a Pom Pom Kitty.

Is it okay if I make a Pom Pom Tom as well?
kittycats10 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #10
Wacky Be
Gifted

Right now, I'm working on all 3 springtime chickies! (I know. random starting point. xD)

And once someone gets started on one of the labs, we can easily turn that into many of the birthstone pets, dalmation, other labs and peppermint puppy, with some color changing

Tags
alexander & jenny, applesauce, awnie alligator, citycat got a tag, cocokl9 in the house!, crashkittenjr was here!, cute loves horses, epic thread! yay!, f l a m e d a n c e, goldendoodle, gp was here!, heart891011 was here, kittycats was here, lhl was here, lps3cheese got a tag!, pookie rawks!, sherlock attack, slyinslytherin, stepheatedursprites, tea ♥ pizza, webkinslover420 wuz here!, what one to make?, wi sprites, wtl43 loves yeww(:, yay sprit

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: