Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default WARNING: Major Glitch With New Gem Trade Feature -- Update - Ganz Fixed it!

A new front page story has been added:

WARNING: Major Glitch With New Gem Trade Feature -- Update - Ganz Fixed it!

Click the image to open in full size.

As our members are scrambling to figure out exactly how the new Gem Exchange feature works, a disturbing trend has been discovered. During the trade, Doug asks if you would like to trade "one" of a particular gem for a prize. If you say yes, he will remove all of that type of gem from your collection. For example, if he asks you for a Pearl Egg and you have 10 in your collection, he will take all 10 gems, leaving you with none.

Hopefully Ganz will fix this glitch very soon. (ed: Ganz is currently working on the fix) In the meantime, if you have extra gems in your box that you don't want Doug to steal, we recommend not trying to trade with him until this issue is resolved. Although there have been rumors about some fantastic prizes that may be available from Doug in the future, so far the only prize he has given to anyone is a Rocky Road Ice Cream Cone. That one food item certainly isn't worth having extra gems taken out of your collection.

To learn more about this feature, and to see pictures of Doug in action,
please check out kellyschrvr's "Doug Hunt Thread" located HERE.

UPDATE : We have just received official word from Ganz that they are aware and working on the issue with Doug taking all of the gems. Their goal is to have the fix implemented by the end of the day. Until it is fixed, they've stopped Doug from appearing in Webkinz World.

UPDATE 2 :Doug has been fixed and will be re-introduced to the Clubhouse today, May 29th. All gems will be returned to users by Tuesday, June 2nd.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
I Hate Hackers!
Webkinz :)

ButterCup1994 is a name known to allButterCup1994 is a name known to allButterCup1994 is a name known to all

Default Re: WARNING: Major Glitch With Gem Trade Feature!

I sure hope they fix this soon :|
ButterCup1994 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

Wow. I still have my extra two of the gems he asked for though. (At least I think so-I'm almost positive he asked for my Terra Tectonic thingies) I got too excited to take a screen shot so I could jog my memory!
dragonbird is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #4
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

I checked all five accounts I played today. Doug cleaned me out of everything he asked for.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #5

Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!

Yes that is so true. It said I only had 1 of the gem that Doug wanted, but I'm pretty sure I had more than one! Plus, I saw everyone's pictures and it said they all had only 1. Probably not true, though.
Lefty21 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

OMG that is awful! I"m really hoping that they not only correct it, but give back what they stole...

I feel a funstration poem coming on!
dragonbird is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:08 PM   #7
Gift Guru

Redwings08 has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
I checked all five accounts I played today. Doug cleaned me out of everything he asked for.
Same here... 3 accounts.. And he took all my gems on each one!!! I know i had multiples on each!!
Redwings08 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #8

Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by dragonbird
OMG that is awful! I"m really hoping that they not only correct it, but give back what they stole...

I feel a funstration poem coming on!
Make a funstration poem! (post it in a vm to me please )
Lefty21 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #9
Not just a
Gift Guru

ImTara55 is a forum hero
ImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum hero

Wow, that's not fair! I hope it gets resolved soon and they return your gems or at least give you a free item or something.
ImTara55 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:12 PM   #10
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

I just got off of the phone with Ganz. It looks like they're starting to get calls and complaints about this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: