Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 06:43 PM   #21
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 
Default Re: Virus Warning Appears for Some Clubhouse Visitors

I would love to know WHY it is happening.. Tried to get a screen shot on the computer that ran McAfee and the darn clubhouse actually infected the computer.

So why it is happening.. i don't know, but WHY the clubhouse is running a virus is what I'd love to know.. but the times I've called I have been spoken to by someone that knew absolutely nothing...
I'm told to "disable antivirus"..(what Customer support that is!)... I'm assured nothing is on ww to hurt my computers.. I'm told then told that I picked this up elsewhere although the antivirus reports confirmed that it was from WW Clubhouse address..

I'll call back tomorrow and hope for another rep. I had an eventful afternoon thanks to their virus.

Oh, and told told them that I'm not the only one... there are others with screenshots and virus' to prove it and that was passed off again. "There is nothing on WW that would affect your computer"....

Tell that to my poor ol' 'puter My husband agreed that we will shell out the extra money to license another computer with the Kaspersky.
kellyschrvr is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2009, 11:38 PM   #22
toricutie2000
Webkinz :)

toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!

I don't think they realized just how stupid & condesending that comment is- what if we told them to turn their features back off so we could do same things as administrators could? bet they would refuse too. Telling people to turn off anti-virus is wrong & dangerous for your computer. DO NOT TURN IT OFF!!!!!
toricutie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:54 AM   #23
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

I was thinking of this last night.... All the issues with the site... They have troubles with their programming at times, that is obvious.... It is just as easy to believe that their security may not be as good as they think.
Whether this is something on their part or something done by someone that is getting through the site..

Who knows, but i doubt they will ever come out and say "Yes we had a virus on the site/one of the servers".
kellyschrvr is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:36 PM   #24

Hannie2468 is a splendid one to beholdHannie2468 is a splendid one to beholdHannie2468 is a splendid one to beholdHannie2468 is a splendid one to behold

All fixed, i can enter the clubhouse. Yeah
Hannie2468 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:21 PM   #25
kittycat1617

colliecrazy611 is a jewel in the roughcolliecrazy611 is a jewel in the rough

my friend is having the same problem and she had to quit ww!!!!!!
colliecrazy611 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:29 PM   #26

cdog5 is an unknown quantity at this point

This isnt good.... Has teh virus been announced by any companies?
cdog5 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #27
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

I think it's so funny (not funny but laughable) that their solution to the pop up is turning off your anti-virus software. "All fixed! No more pop ups!" LOL
AnthonysMommy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #28
californiagirl05

californiagal05 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's kind of scary ...
My computer was experiencing some problems- caused by viruses. I never thought that it could possibly be Webkinz!

I really hope that the site doesn't have virus issues, that would be terrible. Especially since there are so many people that are OBSESSED (haha, me included) with the site.
californiagal05 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:31 PM   #29

Supdog is a jewel in the roughSupdog is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by AnthonysMommy
I think it's so funny (not funny but laughable) that their solution to the pop up is turning off your anti-virus software. "All fixed! No more pop ups!" LOL
LOL!
Supdog is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:10 PM   #30
I'm a deep sea

S.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with grace

If this DOES end up as a virus, I have a guide to get rid of them (in my sig)
I really hope it Isn't though, viruses are not fun, and can be very dangerous. It would be terrible for someone to be so mean to infect webkinz with a Trojan. I doubt it though. Hope everyones computer is clean!
--Star
S.O.S.Star is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: