Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 01:03 PM   #11
Webkinz :)

A-Daddy is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Virus Warning Appears for Some Clubhouse Visitors

As everyone else has stated, turning off your anti-virus is the worst possible thing. WW may not be infected, but what about any other browser tabs you have open? What about any previously infected items on your machine that were somehow missed or left out of quarantine?

It's almost like saying that if eating candy and vitamins makes you feel ill, that you should stop taking the vitamins.

I hope Ganz reads this, because they could potentially be putting themselves at some liability with their advice.
A-Daddy is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2009, 01:14 PM   #12
i'm a team Edward

Grace98 is a name known to allGrace98 is a name known to allGrace98 is a name known to all

that's not good.
Grace98 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:26 PM   #13
Gifted

wildhunt is a name known to allwildhunt is a name known to allwildhunt is a name known to all

Looks like it is a File Infector virus when I looked at some of the other names tied to it from other Anti-Virus.

On TrendMicro here's what it gives:

Malware type: File Infector

Aliases: Virus.DOS.Riot.Evil.786 (Kaspersky Lab) is also known as: Riot.Evil.786 (Kaspersky Lab), Univ/r (McAfee), Inv_Evil.786 (Symantec), Biohazard.828 (Doctor Web), Riot Evil-786 (Sophos), Inv_Evil.786 (RAV), INV_EVIL.786 (Trend Micro), Invisible Evil (H+BEDV), Inv_Evil.786 (FRISK), Riot-Invisible (ALWIL), Stay_Cool (Grisoft), PS-MPC.0786.AZ.Gen (SOFTWIN), Inv_evil.786 (Panda)

Thanks to Kellyschrvr for getting all the aliases of this virus

Description:
This is an overwriting File Infector virus. It is detected by the latest pattern file.

Here's the description I found on File Infector Viruses:

File infector virus
Virus that infects other files on a system or network

File infector viruses are the 'classic' form of virus, those to which the term is most commonly and, along with boot sector viruses, most appropriately applied.

When an infectious file is executed on a system, the infection routine will seek out other files and insert its code into them, generally at the beginning or end of the existing file (prepending or appending viruses), but also occasionally in the middle of the file (mid-infector) or spreading itself across gaps in the file structure. The entry point of the file is redirected to the start of the virus code to ensure that it is run when the file is executed, and control may or may not be passed on to the original program in turn.

File infector viruses often misinfect, either leaving the file completely non-functional or simply failing to run the viral code at all. More sophisticted forms of file infector virus, which try to hide their presence by changing aspects of their code with each infection, are known as polymorphic or metamorphic viruses.

Hope this helps! So my suggestion would be to not visit the Club House until this is resolved. If you MUST go to the clubhouse specifically make sure you at ** MINIMUM have an anti-virus program that auto-updates ( hopefully everyday ). I use Avast! at home and have never ran into a problem with it ( plus it's free ).

But if you want to hang out and chat it up, maybe you should check us out over at the Coral Cove on Vacation Island? Join us for some parties and have a good time!! ( Shameless plug I know ) Feel free to see if any parties are going on now on the "Scout it Out" link in my signature.
wildhunt is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #14
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

Here is a screenshot from the Report section of Kaspersky...

Click the image to open in full size.
kellyschrvr is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #15
doglove224

tiff =D will become famous soon enough

=O r u sure that there is not a virus?? webkinz always does make my computer slow... i hope there isnt oneee *hides from virus * lol
tiff =D is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #16
I'm now a

x-tiff is a splendid one to beholdx-tiff is a splendid one to beholdx-tiff is a splendid one to beholdx-tiff is a splendid one to behold

i'm not going into the trading room 4 a while!!!!! :OOO *hides like tiff =D*
x-tiff is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #17
zoopalz

zoopalz will become famous soon enough

iI sure hope everyone reads this( thank you for posting it on the front page , i read the thread yesterday) and does not disable their anti virus programs. I am surprised that was a suggestion.
zoopalz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #18
Forever A

indigoseeker is a saintly comradeindigoseeker is a saintly comradeindigoseeker is a saintly comradeindigoseeker is a saintly comrade
indigoseeker is a saintly comradeindigoseeker is a saintly comrade

I bet this has something to do with the new mini profile feature they added. I don't visit the clubhouse often ( I like vacation parties instead) but I was trying to see how to view those in corral cove and couldn't. Maybe that is why the cove is not affected? See you at the cove!
indigoseeker is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:24 PM   #19
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by indigoseeker
I bet this has something to do with the new mini profile feature they added. I don't visit the clubhouse often ( I like vacation parties instead) but I was trying to see how to view those in corral cove and couldn't. Maybe that is why the cove is not affected? See you at the cove!
Very interesting theory. That makes a lot of sense.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:26 PM   #20
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by indigoseeker
This make sense. It's directly related to the club house since you can look at people's profile in the list of users in the room.
AnthonysMommy is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: