Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Virus Warning Appears for Some Clubhouse Visitors

A new front page story has been added:

Virus Warning Appears for Some Clubhouse Visitors

Click the image to open in full size.
Immediately following yesterday's Webkinz maintenance, during which new features and items were added to Webkinz World, here on Webkinz Insider we started getting reports of there being a problem with the Webkinz Clubhouse. Some members are posting that when they attempt to visit the Clubhouse their anti-virus programs are popping up with a warning. Thank you to Webkinz Insider member sunnybunny for this picture from her account.

Although Ganz has not issued an official statement regarding this problem, the information our members are getting from Customer Service Reps at Ganz is that Webkinz World does not have a virus and that the players' systems are fine. The Reps are indicating that the anti-virus program is "not compatible" with the Clubhouse programming and they are suggesting that players with this problem turn off their anti-virus programs to visit the Clubhouse. One Rep told WI member kellyschrvr, "Disable your anti-virus. I assure you nothing is on Webkinz that will infect your computer."

We here at Webkinz Insider would like to caution everyone against turning off your anti-virus program. Your anti-virus software is your best protection against all sorts of viruses that exist on the internet. Turning off your anti-virus software in any situation puts your computer at risk. For those of you who really want to visit the Clubhouse and can't get past the virus warning, we suggest you take your pet on Vacation and visit the Coral Cove clubhouse. So far we have not received any reports of virus pop-ups appearing for players in that area.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
Emperors Rear Guard
Banned
Kinz Krazed is a forum hero
Kinz Krazed is a forum heroKinz Krazed is a forum heroKinz Krazed is a forum heroKinz Krazed is a forum heroKinz Krazed is a forum heroKinz Krazed is a forum heroKinz Krazed is a forum heroKinz Krazed is a forum heroKinz Krazed is a forum heroKinz Krazed is a forum heroKinz Krazed is a forum heroKinz Krazed is a forum hero

Default Re: Virus Warning Appears for Webkinz Clubhouse Visitors

How can the rep 'assure' anyone that there is not a virus, unless it has been checked? Something has changed or we would not be getting the anti-virus warnings. Viruses can be detrimental to your system and should not be casually ignored.
Kinz Krazed is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #3
Gifted

wildhunt is a name known to allwildhunt is a name known to allwildhunt is a name known to all

Doing a google search on the virus shows only reports that are generated from Kapersky. Is anyone else detecting any viruses using any other Anti-Virus programs? Symantec? Norton? McAfee? Avast?

Also, anyone getting this error try using a different browser? i.e. Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome?

Yeah you should NEVER disable your anti-virus. That's bad mojo right there.... i'm on my work pc and i'll check to see if any virus alerts come up, i'm using symantec. Will post when I have checked it out

I was able to get into the Trading Room just fine on KinzChat Regular. I'm assuming they were trying to get into the Trading Room. Where exactly is this error coming from?

Last edited by wildhunt; 05-14-2009 at 12:21 PM..
wildhunt is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #4
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

It is very good advice to not disable any protective software. I think that if the WW programming is not compatible with the anti-virus software, then it should be up to Ganz to make sure it is compatible. They should never tell anyone to turn off their anti-virus software!
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #5
Super Collector
Gift Guru

jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy
jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy

Donation Level 2 

i just tried to go to the clubhouse and had no problem. no warning came up. i use firefox and komodo. i went into the regular clubhouse and kc+.
jagular is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #6
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by wildhunt
Doing a google search on the virus shows only reports that are generated from Kapersky. Is anyone else detecting any viruses using any other Anti-Virus programs? Symantec? Norton? McAfee? Avast?

Also, anyone getting this error try using a different browser? i.e. Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome?

Yeah you should NEVER disable your anti-virus. That's bad mojo right there.... i'm on my work pc and i'll check to see if any virus alerts come up, i'm using symantec. Will post when I have checked it out

I was able to get into the Trading Room just fine on KinzChat Regular. I'm assuming they were trying to get into the Trading Room. Where exactly is this error coming from?
this link...Viruslist.com - Virus.DOS.Riot.Evil.786

will show you what other antivirus recognize it as.

It happens on google chrome and firefox as well as IE.

And let me also add that our older computer that runs McAfee did not catch this, and I am now busy with that computer.

Last edited by kellyschrvr; 05-14-2009 at 12:29 PM..
kellyschrvr is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #7
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

I cannot stress enough to NOT disable your antivirus program for any reason. Especially on a site such as WW. Not that WW is bad just there are many loopholes for virus to get through on it and it was imo very dumb of the rep to even suggest disabling it.

We will be staying away from the clubhouse for a little bit
blessedx5 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:45 PM   #8
hopee May 24 weekend
Gift Guru

Rejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clown

Wow am I surprised and disappointed that a rep would suggest such a thing to do, I sure hope that no kids follow that advice!Thank you for the heads up!
Rejewal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #9
uvs being an insane

Smiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud of

Woah. I shall be staying away from the clubhouse for a while.
Smiley Rockr is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #10
Psykobarbie

Psykobarbie is a glorious beacon of lightPsykobarbie is a glorious beacon of lightPsykobarbie is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Rejewal
Wow am I surprised and disappointed that a rep would suggest such a thing to do, I sure hope that no kids follow that advice!Thank you for the heads up!
I agree. I don't go into the clubhouse much anyway, but I would never listen to a rep from anywhere telling me to disable my anti-virus. I don't think putting my computer at risk is worth going into the clubhouse.
Psykobarbie is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: