Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #11
Webkinz :)
disneylad is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Users Missing Webkinz Deluxe Membership Gifts, Policy Explained!

Not only a confusion but if you join on the 31st, not all months have 31 days, and February only has 28 or 29, So what happens then?
disneylad is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #12
Back in School!

JuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by ClaraZ25
But then you have the problem of the members who might sign up on the 30th and then get 2 boxes in 2 days.
Pretty much everybody who signed up would get an extra box, which is why they went the way they did. The gift being delivered on the first would only work out to the correct total if memberships were all set to last from the 1st to the last of the month. I can't see them willing to dish out extra boxes for every member who signs up. To keep it the way they have it all they need to do is explain at sign up that the monthly membership box is delivered on the monthly anniversary of the day you're signing up.

For example, my membership expires on April 2, 2010. I get 12 months of membership boxes, my 1st was on April 2, 2009 and my 12th will arrive on March 2, 2010. If they switched to giving them out on the 1st of each month, I'd get a 13th box in April 2010 right before my account expired. It's not in their best interest to switch to 1st of the month deliveries and I can see why it makes more sense to do it on the sign up anniversary.

I don't see Ganz being greedy in any sense of the word, it's actually really logical, but as usual they didn't explain themselves ahead of time.

Also, don't we get a wish token on our WW anniversary? That's based on our 1 year anniversary and varies by account from when we joined, this would be the same idea just monthly.

Thanks so much for getting the scoop!
JuniperBerry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #13
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

I was thinking this when I saw all of the people who had said they didn't get their May Deluxe boxes.
It is just like the Anniversary of when you joined, if you joined at the end of the month, you don't get your Gift Token until that day. I don't think Ganz was misleading at all. I fully expected to wait until that day of the month when I purchased my membership. I still get to particpate in all of the Deluxe activities, so I don't really have an issue with this. Besides, with ALL of the things that already go on the first of the month, this would be just another issue to have the computer 'hang' on.
Thank you for giving us an explanation, though, Justin. It puts all fears of 'glitching' to a rest
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:50 AM   #14
blessedx5
Gift Guru

blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character
blessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable characterblessedx5 has an honorable character

You wouldn't get a 13th box if it was counted like April('09) was month #1, May #2, June #3.... March'10 would be month #12. Then gifts could still be given on the 1st and still not be any extras. That seems the easiest way to do it imo.

Of course when does Ganz do things the easiest way. lol
blessedx5 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #15
euridisea

kinzmom39 is a name known to allkinzmom39 is a name known to allkinzmom39 is a name known to all

Thanks for the information. I signed up for the one month just to try it out. If they were going to give gift boxes to everyone on the 1st, it would mean that the people who only paid for one month would get 2 gift boxes and that wouldn't be fair to the people who actually paid for more months. In this case, I have to agree with Ganz.
kinzmom39 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #16
Gift Guru

Redwings08 has a spectacular aura about

Dont forget you get Estore points bonus updated every month.. This may be a mess!! By the way I joined on the 2nd.. And nothing in my Asain account.. It may show up tomorrow after the maintance..
Redwings08 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:57 AM   #17
Kaykohugs

kaykohugs is just really nicekaykohugs is just really nice

I guess the thing to keep in mind, is that the subscription covers MORE than the monthly gift box. While it's less of an issue for ANNUAL members (and it seems like most of us are), consider this for for people who sign up for 3 months, they could:
Sign up on Jan 31, get the January gift, then the February, March and April Gifts on the first. When their subscription ends on April 30th, they can wait until MAY 31st to renew, not miss any of the gifts and go basically one month un-paid. While this may seem like a way of saving money/cheating the system, that is one whole month of extra Deluxe Hourly events missed out on.
kaykohugs is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:03 AM   #18
Back in School!

JuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by blessedx5
You wouldn't get a 13th box if it was counted like April('09) was month #1, May #2, June #3.... March'10 would be month #12. Then gifts could still be given on the 1st and still not be any extras. That seems the easiest way to do it imo.

Of course when does Ganz do things the easiest way. lol
Yes, March would be month 12, but my guess is most users would be expecting a box on April 1st, as well, since their memberships would still be valid. It just seems so much simpler to tell customers from the outset when they buy the membership that their monthly gift is awarded on their anniversary of purchase so they know when to look forward to getting it. I honestly think if they had just thought to clarify that point when they introduced the memberships there wouldn't nearly this much confusion. But Ganz is consistent at being confusing.
JuniperBerry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:11 AM   #19
Ibehere because I'm
Gifted

Ibehere has much to be proud ofIbehere has much to be proud ofIbehere has much to be proud ofIbehere has much to be proud ofIbehere has much to be proud of

Thanks for the info. I was wondering why I did not get my gift or points yet.
Ibehere is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #20
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

a rose by any other name is still a rose.

i am glad that ganz is considering changing the policy they have SEEMED to set forth. as a monthly box is a monthly box regardless of when you purchased the membership. you are only getting one box that month regardless of when you purchased. so to have to wait till the ANNIVERSARY day of your membership is silly.
they really needed to be more clear in the membership area.
i am full pleased with the deluxe family membership..... i just hope ganz gets everyone on the same page.
miss spots is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: