Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2014, 08:34 AM   #1

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Default UPDATED: Webkinz Friends and Tail Town Friends Applications to shut down on August 31st 2014

A new front page story has been added:

UPDATED: Webkinz Friends and Tail Town Friends Applications to shut down on August 31st 2014

Click the image to open in full size.Ganz has announced that the Webkinz Friends and Tail Towns Friends Applications will be shutting down on August 31st, 2014. This closure will affect both the Facebook and iPad versions of the game. While the application was popular with Webkinz Insider members, the application never found a large audience on Facebook or through the App store. Due to the lack of audience the development team experienced limitations in their "ability to add new content and give the game the attention it deserved."

As of Today (July 29th, 2014), Webkinz Friends & Tail Town Friends will no longer allow new players to sign up to play via Facebook or the App store. All payments have also been suspended due to the pending shut down. Current players, however, will be able to play as much as they desire as the energy requirements will be removed from the game.The prizes exclusive to Webkinz Friends will be added in due time to Webkinz World, to ensure that all members have the opportunity to enjoy them.

Click the image to open in full size.
UPDATE (August 2nd @ 9:30am KT): We have received multiple reports of ads and news articles within Webkinz World directing members to the Webkinz Friends application. The ad featured on the left instructs WI member FIA to hold on to their pet's secret code in order to participate in Webkinz Friends. Members have also reported seeing daily News updates in Webkinz World mentioning exclusive prizes to be earned on Webkinz Friends.

While it may appear that GANZ is promoting the Webkinz Friends iPad app to members, we have no way to confirm that the application's shelf life will be extended in any way.

At this moment in time we can only reiterate that, based on the previous update provided by GANZ, the Webkinz Friends application will be shut down at the end of this month.
MissGnomie is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2014, 09:10 AM   #2
Wacky and
Gifted

aug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy day
aug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy dayaug2168 is the rainbow on a rainy day

Default Re: Webkinz Friends and Tail Town Friends Applications to shut down on August 31st 2014

I guess it is time to send over all my prizes I worked so hard to get, that will now be available for everybody to win.
aug2168 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:26 AM   #3
Gifted
Kippyling has a spectacular aura aboutKippyling has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Webkinz Friends and Tail Town Friends Applications to shut down on August 31st 2014

So sad, but I guess this is the way that it happens. One day this will be the announcement for Webkinz too and then all the money spent on pets and Estore items will be gone. A sad day indeed!
Kippyling is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:37 AM   #4
alt1981black
Webkinz :)

alt1981black makes the others go WoWalt1981black makes the others go WoW
alt1981black makes the others go WoWalt1981black makes the others go WoWalt1981black makes the others go WoWalt1981black makes the others go WoWalt1981black makes the others go WoWalt1981black makes the others go WoWalt1981black makes the others go WoWalt1981black makes the others go WoWalt1981black makes the others go WoWalt1981black makes the others go WoWalt1981black makes the others go WoWalt1981black makes the others go WoW

WI Subscriber

I hope WW will continue to stick around. WKF seemed to take Ganz staffers away from WW, so now WKF and TTF are closing, maybe there's more hope for WW to bounce back?
alt1981black is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:30 AM   #5
Babs1978

Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade
Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade

So said to hear about the 2 games closing down but glad that they will incorporate the prizes into ww, wf prizes were great. Thanks for the updated info.
I hope this means that ganz will be focusing more on Webkinz, it does have some amazing games. He's hoping!
Babs is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:22 AM   #6
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

bangkokyankee knows the way
bangkokyankee knows the waybangkokyankee knows the way

WOW Bummer to both games closing - just got back into them again

crossing my fingers that webkinz stays afloat.
had a few games close on me lately I guess that means real life is calling.

Half surprised about the news I had heard rumors Ganz was going to close the games but was hoping it would just be rumors

wonder what will happen with webkinz junior haven't ever play that one

time to get back to decorating the webkinz rooms and cleaning my dock

Bummer again I say

just wanted to add thanks to any players that I met in the game and helped me
bangkokyankee is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:49 AM   #7
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

WOW I spent a lot of time playing WKF & sent lots of prizes back to WW & berries etc..I quit playing about 3 months ago but lots of my Friends still played it!!
Thanks for the news !!
mom w charm is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:07 PM   #8
e Are The Light

designergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fish
designergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fishdesignergirl101 won a staring contest with a fish

I am shocked they mentioned WI members! At least they hinted we actually exist!

It is sad about WF, I never got the chance to play........................... However, hopefully it will give them to time to make improvements to the Webkinz site! Assuming of course, they don't shut it down................................................. I would be fuming, if that happened!

View Post Originally Posted by alt1981black
I hope WW will continue to stick around. WKF seemed to take Ganz staffers away from WW, so now WKF and TTF are closing, maybe there's more hope for WW to bounce back?
That is exactly what I was thinking! I do hope they don't shut it down with Mr. GANZ death..
That would be terrible..............................
designergirl101 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:21 PM   #9
Leanne
Gift Guru

aerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a hero
aerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a hero

Ok, I must admit that I wasn't expecting this one!! I know so many users who play both games, especially tail town friends. They are both really fun games!! The only draw back for me was how slow webkinz friends was. But I really enjoyed playing both games and I will be sorry to see them go. I'm hopeful, as others have expressed, that Ganz will now be able to concentrate on WW and continue to make improvements and keep the game running smoothly.

Thank you for keeping us posted!
aerogrit is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:33 PM   #10

adrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicness
adrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicness

Well, I am glad in a way because I would rather Ganz pour their creativity & money and effort into Webkinz World
adrib is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
double d scotland

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: