Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI News & Announcements (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/)
-   -   Two new Alvin Challenges on Webkinz Newz (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/two-new-alvin-challenges-webkinz-newz-724616/)

Electrabuzz112-07-2011 12:46 PM

Two new Alvin Challenges on Webkinz Newz

A new front page story has been added:

Two new Alvin Challenges on Webkinz Newz

Two new challenges relating to the new Alvin and the Chipmunks ChipWrecked Movie have been added to Webkinz Newz. Both challenges run each day from December 7th 12:00 am EST until December 18th 11:59 pm EST. The first challenge is a ChipWrecked Peek-A-Newz. Simply search Webkinz Newz, find Alvin five times and a prize will be awarded to your account. The second challenge ChipWrecked Promotion is an ad search. Find the above ad (on the right), click on it, fill out the applicable fields and an Alvin's Hawaiian Shirt will be added to your account. As always one prize per Webkinz World account per day.

las12-07-2011 12:52 PM

Re: Two new Alvin Challenges on Webkinz Newz

i did the peek a newz and did not get a prize, nothing was added to my dock.:'(

webkinzrock47412-07-2011 12:53 PM

Cool! I'm so going to see that movie! I'll find him for sure! :D :D :D

Jrock12-07-2011 12:56 PM

I also won a toy electric guitar from clicking on the floating candy cane.:D

webbimom12-07-2011 01:09 PM

According to WKN the click the ad is only for Canadians! But...once I win the shirt from the ad it won't let me click the candy cane for a prize and vice-versa.

The prize for the ad is a shirt, the candy cane is random.

luxurytime12-07-2011 01:12 PM

Interesting. Is this the first time they have ever had a contest open to Canada only? Usually they are the ones left out of these things. How nice for them.

I was able to get the Hawaiian shirt by clicking on the floating candy cane... which wasn't supposed to be floating today.

So confusing. All these freebies are great... but so confusing along with all the challenges. I need a day planner just to keep things straight. lol.

poobears12-07-2011 01:13 PM

So if you are in canada you are suppose to do the ad and if you are in the US you are suppose to do the candy cane? But you don't know what prize you will get from the candy cane and you'll get the shirt only from the ad.

I agree it's kind of confusing LOL

I guess I'll take my chances with the candy cane since I'm US and hope I get a shirt.

Anyone know what the peek a newz prize is yet?

luxurytime12-07-2011 01:15 PM

I got 2 blue full-length hoodies, a green full-length hoodie and 2 guitars today! I hope I can get the glasses/noses that go along with them. does anyone know what all the prizes will be?

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxurytime (Post 25466503)
I got 2 blue full-length hoodies, a green full-length hoodie and 2 guitars today! I hope I can get the glasses/noses that go along with them. does anyone know what all the prizes will be?

I got those from the peek-a-news. I got five hawaiian shirts from the candy canes!

Pengo12-07-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by las (Post 25466283)
i did the peek a newz and did not get a prize, nothing was added to my dock.:'(

The same thing happened to me. Also, I clicked on the ad and won a shirt, but then clicked on the floating candy cane later and won....nothing. It said I had already participated in that event. Very, very weird.

So it seems Webkinz is getting around their own rules by having the ad "just for Canada" but then giving away prizes via a floating candy cane for the rest of the world? Wow, that seems ridiculously unfair because when they give away prizes just to the States they don't have the same floaty clicky thing for the rest of the world.

So today, because I live in Canada, I got the Hawai'ian shirt, but have no chance to win the floating prizes. And the box that took me 20 minutes to get (the peek-a-news is never a cakewalk) gave me nothing.

So far, I'm not impressed with this Alvin promotion. Isn't that the OPPOSITE of what the people advertising would like to hear? :|

luxurytime12-07-2011 01:31 PM

The floating candy cane gave the United States the Hawaiian Shirts. The peek-a-newz gives you the gift box. When you put it in your room it says you've got a prize and to check your dock. I had to search a little bit, but I did find my prizes. Either a guitar or a green or blue full-length hoodie is what i got. So search your dock for the gift box prize.