Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 08:21 AM   #81
Webkinz :)
sdf9 has much to be proud ofsdf9 has much to be proud ofsdf9 has much to be proud ofsdf9 has much to be proud ofsdf9 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Twitter Party on Webkinz Day

I think I just joined but computer fighting me. I just got home so I'll let the hours pass and maybe it will up date.
Is there going to be a thread for us to follow here?
sdf9 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 08:30 AM   #82
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Follow the link http://twitter.com/home#search?q=%23webkinzday Then click on the 'save this search' green + sign. Click on where is says HOME above your avatar. Then scroll down and it should be right in your saved searches. click on #webkinzday and all of the posts should just show up. Be aware that you HAVE TO FOLLOW in order to win any prizes.
Click the image to open in full size.
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #83
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

An easy way to follow the party is to use TWEETCHAT . com

First log in to TWITTER then go to this link:

http://tweetchat.com/room/webkinzday

Last edited by Jarrah; 04-29-2010 at 09:17 AM..
Jarrah is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #84

princessjuleia is a jewel in the roughprincessjuleia is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Follow the link http://twitter.com/home#search?q=%23webkinzday Then click on the 'save this search' green + sign. Click on where is says HOME above your avatar. Then scroll down and it should be right in your saved searches. click on #webkinzday and all of the posts should just show up. Be aware that you HAVE TO FOLLOW in order to win any prizes.
Thanks so much for that Dixiecup. That helped me find it and save the search. My next question is when you say "Be aware that you HAVE TO FOLLOW in order to win any prizes"...Am I following now that I have saved the search? Ugh! I hate feeling this dumb.
princessjuleia is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #85
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by luvwebkinz
OK, I have read every post so far and I still do not know what a hash tag is. It says to follow the hash tag. So I figure I need to know what a hash tag is. Like others, the only reason I signed up to twitter is in hope of getting a Sparkling Pegasus. So, someone please tell me what a hash tag is. I thought there would be something in their post to us for us to click on.

The administraters here should be able to tell us everything because they have a twitter account set up for this site, themselves. Maybe they would be so kind as to put exactly what we should do in the announcement section, today.

If you follow @Dixay she has a tinypic that shows you (posted about 2 hours ago on twitter).
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:19 AM   #86
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

I am worried that either my #webkinzday posts aren't getting through or that there is a terrible time lag from when I post them. Posted one 13 minutes ago and it still hasn't shown up in the #webkinzday search!
Old 04-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #87
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Icic
I cant find it, Im typing webkinzday into the find a person box and it says theres nobody with that name...
#WEBKINZDAY is a topic not a person - so enter #webkinzday (with the # sign) into the SEARCH field and you will get there.

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal
I am worried that either my #webkinzday posts aren't getting through or that there is a terrible time lag from when I post them. Posted one 13 minutes ago and it still hasn't shown up in the #webkinzday search!
Are you refreshing? I posted and it showed up immediately.
Jarrah is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #88
oohoo I'm a
Gift Guru

jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by dizzydessi
I found this all on a tweeting for dummies website:

One of Twitter’s more powerful conversational features is @replies. @replies is a tweet that, although public and visible to all Twitter users, is directed specifically to one Twitter user.
Twitter continued its evolution by changing how @replies are collected by making the @replies link into an @username link that tracks all mentions. Even though the page is now considered the Mentions page, most Twitterers still call them @replies.

To reply to a tweet, hover your cursor over the tweet that you want to respond to and then click the Arrow that appears. The user’s Twitter handle appears in the “What are you doing?” window, and the words “What are you doing?” change to “Reply to” followed by the username of the person you’re replying to, and the Update button becomes a Reply button.

Twitter then associates your reply with the original tweet in the Twitter. The person can see what tweet prompted your reply by clicking the In Reply To link at the bottom of your tweet to him.

Here are some tips on how to make the most of your Twitter Mentions page, which you can open by clicking the @username link (with your own username) in the sidebar:
  • Send @replies anytime. You can send an @reply to someone by just typing the @ symbol and, without a space, his username. Then type your message and click Update. If you just do your reply manually (as opposed to clicking the Reply icon on a specific tweet that you want to reply to), your reply won’t be linked to any particular tweet. If you really want to reply to a specific tweet, you’re usually better off clicking the Reply icon.

• Read (or don’t read) other people’s @replies. Some more conservative Twitter users prefer not to read @replies that don’t concern them. In the Notices tab on the Settings page, you can opt to:
      • Not display any @replies
      • Display only @replies directed at other Twitter users in your
      • View all @replies from your contacts

• The preceding settings apply only to tweets that begin with an @username, not those where the @username appears anywhere else in the tweet.
Join a conversation. If you see that a contact on Twitter has responded to someone in his network who wants to know where to get the best pizza in Boston, and you have a recommendation, you can share it. You just have to click the Twitter handle that your friend is @replying to and add your suggestion.

@replies are public tweets. So, unlike text that you send in ani nstant, other people can always read your @replies, and they’ll be stored by search engines. If you have something private that you need to tell someone, use the direct message feature of Twitter.
How to Send Your Twitter Contacts Direct Messages
Direct messages (DM) let you send your contacts private notes through Twitter. Just like regular tweets and @replies, direct messages are limited to 140 characters. Unlike regular tweets and @replies, the only person who can see a direct message is the recipient.

You can send a DM only to a Twitter user who’s following you (but you don’t have to be following that user), which helps cut down on spamming and other unwanted messages. To see whether someone is following you and to send a direct message:

1 Go to the Profile page of the person you want to DM.
You can get to the Profile page by either clicking that person’s @username anywhere that you see it or by adding the username into the URL bar on your web browser
after Twitter.com.
2 Look for the Message link in the right sidebar under Actions.
If the only action visible is to block the person, he does not follow you, and you can’t DM him.

How to Send Your Twitter Contacts Direct Messages

Direct messages (DM) let you send your contacts private notes through Twitter. Just like regular tweets and @replies, direct messages are limited to 140 characters. Unlike regular tweets and @replies, the only person who can see a direct message is the recipient.
You can send a DM only to a Twitter user who’s following you (but you don’t have to be following that user), which helps cut down on spamming and other unwanted messages. To see whether someone is following you and to send a direct message:

Go to the Profile page of the person you want to DM.
You can get to the Profile page by either clicking that person’s @username anywhere that you see it or by adding the username into the URL bar on your web browser after Twitter.com.

Look for the Message link in the right sidebar under Actions.

If the only action visible is to block the person, he does not follow you, and you can’t DM him.

Click the Message link.

The screen changes to a single text box over the user’s Twitter background that is labeled Send Username a Message.

Write and send your message.

Compose your direct message in this box and then click Send.

Sending DMs is easy, but proceed with caution! Many Twitter users have embarrassing tales of DMs that they accidentally sent as public tweets because they formatted the tweet incorrectly or sent it from the Twitter Home screen instead of from the user’s Profile page (best bet) or the Direct Messages page. Double-check, just to be sure.

This is some wonderful info here!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to try and help all of us non-twitters out!
jessicabarnhart is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #89
Wacky Holidays!

View Post Originally Posted by Jarrah

Are you refreshing? I posted and it showed up immediately.
Yes! Every 30 seconds or so! I tried putting #webkinzday first and then last and then in the middle of my message and I still haven't seen any of them show up. Yesterday, I did one and it showed up almost immediately, but not today! (now 28 minutes since my first #webkinzday message today and it still hasn't shown up in the search).
Old 04-29-2010, 09:36 AM   #90
Wacky Holidays!

I also did one to @webkinz and it hasn't shown up in the @webkinz search.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: