Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #41
jennbugs
Webkinz :)

jennbugs73 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Twitter Party on Webkinz Day

View Post Originally Posted by BGriff54
AARRGGHH - I can't figure out how to "follow" #webkinzday on Twitter!!! What the heck am I missing (besides a few brain cells, obviously). I am already following WIDOTCOM, is that the same thing? Hopefully somebody can help me. PLEASE
I hope that this helps, not sure, but I saw earlier on the eStore website homepage a little thing that says "follow us on twitter". It looks like you can click on it. I am sorry, but I cannot for the life of me remember where I signed up to follow WW at on Twitter. Sorry. Can you find it on Twitter? Maybe that is where I found it originally. Anyway, I hope that this helps! Good Luck in getting in on this party!
jennbugs73 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #42

CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
CheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of AwesomeCheekyDB has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by rollingfur
Great now I have to figure twitter out. I am on it, but that was just to join the one contest. I have NEVER used it nor have a clue what to do...
I'm with you LOL. I never wanted to tweet anything myself! I doubt if it will be hard to learn, but because I didn't uncheck the box to let myself be found by people who have my email address, I now have several followers -- none of whom are WW related! Oh well!
CheekyDB is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:11 PM   #43
jennbugs

jennbugs73 is on a distinguished road

Okay, I told everyone that I knew nothing about Twitter, except that I had an account. What in the world is a hash tag? Duh? I asked my 13 yr old that does not have a Twitter acct and she thinks that it is a thread. Anyone? Come now, someone must tweet out there. I don't even have lacebook or myscrapes (lol) for goodness sake! I really know what they are, just being looney, been that kinda day!
jennbugs73 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #44
crazygirl024
Gift Guru

crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!

I only opened my account for a chance at the Sparkling Pegasus so I have no idea how to do anything. I've sent 4 tweets ..at least I think I sent them. I guess in between looking for Goober and household chores I will have to try to figure it out.
crazygirl024 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:32 PM   #45
oohoo I'm a
Gift Guru

jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!jessicabarnhart is headed for the top!

Well, looks like I wont be participating in this one. Mainly because it is going on during Vampire Diary, but also because I have no clue how Twitter works! Oh well, can't wait to get on here tomorrow night to see what everyone has to say!
jessicabarnhart is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:12 PM   #46

Bugga97 is a jewel in the roughBugga97 is a jewel in the rough

WOW WOW THATS AWESOME
Bugga97 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:33 PM   #47
my dogs babies r

eyeluvdogs5 has much to be proud ofeyeluvdogs5 has much to be proud ofeyeluvdogs5 has much to be proud ofeyeluvdogs5 has much to be proud ofeyeluvdogs5 has much to be proud of

Donation Award 

I wonder if after this flood of upset members, it will make them rethink that "hour of fun"....I can't imagine this will be the light-hearted, informative event they intended it to be....might just be Ganz bashing....and excuses of how confusing the family membership is....still not sure who is so confused here...lol anyway like others said that is Survivor hour....I might just be watching that and then log on here later (as WI rules) to find out what was said.
eyeluvdogs5 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:12 PM   #48
oW, look I'm
Gifted

dizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talentdizzydessi has lots of talent

I found this all on a tweeting for dummies website:

One of Twitter’s more powerful conversational features is @replies. @replies is a tweet that, although public and visible to all Twitter users, is directed specifically to one Twitter user.
Twitter continued its evolution by changing how @replies are collected by making the @replies link into an @username link that tracks all mentions. Even though the page is now considered the Mentions page, most Twitterers still call them @replies.

To reply to a tweet, hover your cursor over the tweet that you want to respond to and then click the Arrow that appears. The user’s Twitter handle appears in the “What are you doing?” window, and the words “What are you doing?” change to “Reply to” followed by the username of the person you’re replying to, and the Update button becomes a Reply button.

Twitter then associates your reply with the original tweet in the Twitter. The person can see what tweet prompted your reply by clicking the In Reply To link at the bottom of your tweet to him.

Here are some tips on how to make the most of your Twitter Mentions page, which you can open by clicking the @username link (with your own username) in the sidebar:
  • Send @replies anytime. You can send an @reply to someone by just typing the @ symbol and, without a space, his username. Then type your message and click Update. If you just do your reply manually (as opposed to clicking the Reply icon on a specific tweet that you want to reply to), your reply won’t be linked to any particular tweet. If you really want to reply to a specific tweet, you’re usually better off clicking the Reply icon.

• Read (or don’t read) other people’s @replies. Some more conservative Twitter users prefer not to read @replies that don’t concern them. In the Notices tab on the Settings page, you can opt to:
      • Not display any @replies
      • Display only @replies directed at other Twitter users in your
      • View all @replies from your contacts

• The preceding settings apply only to tweets that begin with an @username, not those where the @username appears anywhere else in the tweet.
Join a conversation. If you see that a contact on Twitter has responded to someone in his network who wants to know where to get the best pizza in Boston, and you have a recommendation, you can share it. You just have to click the Twitter handle that your friend is @replying to and add your suggestion.

@replies are public tweets. So, unlike text that you send in ani nstant, other people can always read your @replies, and they’ll be stored by search engines. If you have something private that you need to tell someone, use the direct message feature of Twitter.
How to Send Your Twitter Contacts Direct Messages
Direct messages (DM) let you send your contacts private notes through Twitter. Just like regular tweets and @replies, direct messages are limited to 140 characters. Unlike regular tweets and @replies, the only person who can see a direct message is the recipient.

You can send a DM only to a Twitter user who’s following you (but you don’t have to be following that user), which helps cut down on spamming and other unwanted messages. To see whether someone is following you and to send a direct message:

1 Go to the Profile page of the person you want to DM.
You can get to the Profile page by either clicking that person’s @username anywhere that you see it or by adding the username into the URL bar on your web browser
after Twitter.com.
2 Look for the Message link in the right sidebar under Actions.
If the only action visible is to block the person, he does not follow you, and you can’t DM him.

How to Send Your Twitter Contacts Direct Messages

Direct messages (DM) let you send your contacts private notes through Twitter. Just like regular tweets and @replies, direct messages are limited to 140 characters. Unlike regular tweets and @replies, the only person who can see a direct message is the recipient.
You can send a DM only to a Twitter user who’s following you (but you don’t have to be following that user), which helps cut down on spamming and other unwanted messages. To see whether someone is following you and to send a direct message:

Go to the Profile page of the person you want to DM.
You can get to the Profile page by either clicking that person’s @username anywhere that you see it or by adding the username into the URL bar on your web browser after Twitter.com.

Look for the Message link in the right sidebar under Actions.

If the only action visible is to block the person, he does not follow you, and you can’t DM him.

Click the Message link.

The screen changes to a single text box over the user’s Twitter background that is labeled Send Username a Message.

Write and send your message.

Compose your direct message in this box and then click Send.

Sending DMs is easy, but proceed with caution! Many Twitter users have embarrassing tales of DMs that they accidentally sent as public tweets because they formatted the tweet incorrectly or sent it from the Twitter Home screen instead of from the user’s Profile page (best bet) or the Direct Messages page. Double-check, just to be sure.

Last edited by dizzydessi; 04-28-2010 at 06:26 PM..
dizzydessi is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:34 PM   #49

Pengo is a glorious beacon of lightPengo is a glorious beacon of light

Gee, if only we had something to talk about at this party....
Pengo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:46 PM   #50
Majesty84

Arte's Fan is a creator of wonder
Arte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonder

I don't have Twitter, nor do I have interest in it. It ***** because I will be missing the code and pet giveaway. Can't they have a party on webkinz newz or something?!
Arte's Fan is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: