Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 07:13 AM   #131
ell, Hello
Webkinz :)

NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell
NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell

Default Re: Twitter Day Party from 8pm to 9pm Eastern Time Tonight!

View Post Originally Posted by Lanawas
i MISSED IT!!!! i was in central time and missed the whole thing!!! i cant belive it! i made a new account, and was logged in to be ready at 8, which is 9 in eastren time!!!!! i was working on my project and ughh! ppl on twitter told me it was over and they were chatting for fun!!!!! i hope WI members won something............ im so depressed!!!!!!! huhhhh and now i have 0 estore points cause of those new items there!!!!!! im so sad! i thought i would FINALLY win a contest.......
red and blue ink are for staff only.
awww..please don't be depressed!! I did not join in because I am not very computer saavy and Twitter is not my thing. It is difficult to win prizes when there are many people playing! I am hoping to get another chance in the future and I think Ganz will do that for us! Good Luck to you too!!
NR1991 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #132
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

For more comments on the party, see the other WI NEWS & announcement Twitter Party thread here:

Twitter Party on Webkinz Day - Page 27
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:12 AM   #133
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by NR1991
awww..please don't be depressed!! I did not join in because I am not very computer saavy and Twitter is not my thing. It is difficult to win prizes when there are many people playing! I am hoping to get another chance in the future and I think Ganz will do that for us! Good Luck to you too!!
It was probably good that you didn't join. I am not sure if I will join in the future if it is on Twitter. There was a lot of really bad language being thrown around by various "outside" users.

Most (if not all) of my tweets during the party did NOT go through because Twitter has resource constraint issues. In the morning and early afternoon, none of my tweets were getting through and then about an hour or two before the party, they started going through and then during the party most of them did NOT go through. I don't believe that any of my @webkinz questions got to the Creative Director because Twitter was NOT working properly (it is a known bug/issue with Twitter) and even though the Creative Director (or someone from @webkinz) said (in a tweet) that they would all get through if you had @webkinz, that just was NOT the case because of a known Twitter bug. The only way for him to see them all is if he was following us (and he was NOT).

A little before the party started, the host of the party was made aware of the situation of tweets not going through and I think she may have picked some of the winners from her RSVP list on her website (I believe this to be true because I won a prize and I know that almost all of my tweets (and my niece's tweets) were NOT getting through during the party). She was also there tweeting, hours before the party, so she knew I was there trying to tweet because I believe she checked my twitter page and saw my tweets on my page, but she did not see them on the #webkinzday tweet chat way before the party started.

Next time (if there is a next time), they need to do this on the Webkinz Newz site or somewhere that has filters for bad words and somewhere that we can get user help if things aren't working properly--or perhaps some place that DOES work properly; AND they need to test it out FIRST; AND they need to inform their customer service reps of everything that is going on.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #134
lorib64
Gift Guru

lorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no bounds
lorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no bounds

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal

Most (if not all) of my tweets during the party did NOT go through because Twitter has resource constraint issues. In the morning and early afternoon, none of my tweets were getting through and then about an hour or two before the party, they started going through and then during the party most of them did NOT go through.
Thank you. I didn't think my tweets were going through either. They weren't going through in the morning and then they started working a few hours before the party, too. I don't really understand twitter. It moved really fast, too. Congratulations!
lorib64 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #135

happycats is an unknown quantity at this point

SnowCrystal, don't feel bad. I am also registered on her site, got two of my questions answered and all of my posts went through, but I didn't win anything. Winners were chosen at random from people who posted anything during the party. I do think a better job could have been done at blocking people who were using foul language or writing things that were anti-Webkinz. Not only was it annoying and inappropriate, but those people seem to have had the same chance at winning things as we did. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!)
happycats is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #136
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by MissPuppy
You know, I wish I wasn't so into the contest. I could've had better things to do. Now that I think of it, I found the party kind of a waste, all those cheerings and goodlucks from me were not seen, I guess.

I was there!! I saw you Miss Pup!! I even said hi to you!!
rockermom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:39 PM   #137
Kdy
Rlyroo

Kdy will become famous soon enough

I agree, Twitter was NOT the right place and since it trended up it got exposure but the wrong type those of us who were there for the right reasons wanted to ask qusetions and hopefully win a prize weren't even seen due to the other traffic and comments from people who cliecked from it not tredning. Time to go delete my new twitter account
Kdy is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #138
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Kdy
I agree, Twitter was NOT the right place and since it trended up it got exposure but the wrong type those of us who were there for the right reasons wanted to ask qusetions and hopefully win a prize weren't even seen due to the other traffic and comments from people who cliecked from it not tredning. Time to go delete my new twitter account
Yup..well said...
canonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #139
Wacky Holidays!

View Post Originally Posted by happycats
SnowCrystal, don't feel bad. I am also registered on her site, got two of my questions answered and all of my posts went through, but I didn't win anything. Winners were chosen at random from people who posted anything during the party. I do think a better job could have been done at blocking people who were using foul language or writing things that were anti-Webkinz. Not only was it annoying and inappropriate, but those people seem to have had the same chance at winning things as we did. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!)

You are totally right about those people having the same odds of winning. Apparently (I just checked the twitter @webkinz posts) one of the party guests writes "When I Try to make an Account its asking for a 6 or 8 Digit # and I don't have one, I have never heard of the Toy Till the Party".

Apparently, this was someone that won a code from the party (a code that is supposed to be entered into the code shop in WW).
Old 05-04-2010, 04:58 PM   #140
Wacky Holidays!

I am still really unhappy that they had this party on Twitter. Since Twitter was experiencing problems, not everyone's tweets were going through. @Webkinz couldn't even get their #webkinzday tweets to show up. Webkinz was aware of this before the party. For that reason alone, I don't think it was fair to give out prizes the way they did (and I am saying this even though I won one of the best prizes). The topic was going so fast and of the people whose tweets weren't going through, I am sure that they weren't aware of their tweets not showing up (there were no error messages). There was no help available from either Twitter nor Webkinz (as a matter of fact, Twitter is blocked for Webkinz's Customer Service reps).

Using Twitter was not a fair way to distribute the prizes. The host was wonderful and I mean no disrespect to her.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: