Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 08:46 PM   #111
Webkinz :)
sidereal will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Twitter Day Party from 8pm to 9pm Eastern Time Tonight!

View Post Originally Posted by TheBeatles
#webkinzday has officialy dropped of the Trending Topics list, and #DiaperShops as replaced it.
GET IT BACK UP!
I mean no personal offense to you, but I have to ask... Why? As soon as it was announced that it was a TT, there was a barrage of foul language and snide comments and ridicule. Twitter is absolutely an inappropriate forum for a child's holiday. I congratulate the winners, and I sincerely wish them much enjoyment with their new pets and items, but I was APPALLED at the language and attitude in a completely unmoderated and unrestricted forum.... for a kids' game celebration? I didn't want the innocent fun of the game marred by the taunting... as an adult sitting in for a child!!! It was definitely uglier than I expected.
sidereal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 08:50 PM   #112

TheBeatles will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by sidereal
I mean no personal offense to you, but I have to ask... Why? As soon as it was announced that it was a TT, there was a barrage of foul language and snide comments and ridicule. Twitter is absolutely an inappropriate forum for a child's holiday. I congratulate the winners, and I sincerely wish them much enjoyment with their new pets and items, but I was APPALLED at the language and attitude in a completely unmoderated and unrestricted forum.... for a kids' game celebration? I didn't want the innocent fun of the game marred by the taunting... as an adult sitting in for a child!!! It was definitely uglier than I expected.
The thing is, Twitter is a worldwide conversation. You can't just stop someone from posting what they think. Not everyone likes Webkinz, and they must ruin it for those that do, unfortunately. I actually don't know why that would be a good thing for it to trend again.
TheBeatles is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:00 PM   #113
Summer, come back!

kawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comrade
kawee is a saintly comrade

I didn't think it was bad until our time was just about over and once it was over, whoa that was bad.
kawee is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:01 PM   #114
kea0910
Lil Kinz

maakea2009 is on a distinguished road

wow that was complete waste of time!!! Did not know had to register at some website i never heard of. Nice of ganz to answer questions on a board with open language and scrolling so fast before could even type. He did not answer much of anything. They are going to explore the family deluxe membership. Why would they cancel it anyways? I am getting really frustrated with this and considering not buying anything. I spend so much in estore alone. Ridiculous!
maakea2009 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:02 PM   #115
Diabetes Awareness

Joani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonderJoani wows us all with wonder

Wow that ResourcefulMom is really on the ball. I already got my Pegasus code. She sent it Direct Message on my Twitter. Now to think of a really cool name.
Joani is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:03 PM   #116
Banned
MissPuppy is a WI addict!
MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by maakea2009
wow that was complete waste of time!!! Did not know had to register at some website i never heard of. Nice of ganz to answer questions on a board with open language and scrolling so fast before could even type. He did not answer much of anything. They are going to explore the family deluxe membership. Why would they cancel it anyways? I am getting really frustrated with this and considering not buying anything. I spend so much in estore alone. Ridiculous!
You know, I wish I wasn't so into the contest. I could've had better things to do. Now that I think of it, I found the party kind of a waste, all those cheerings and goodlucks from me were not seen, I guess.
MissPuppy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:05 PM   #117
crybaby
Gifted
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous

View Post Originally Posted by FrogKissingLady
the director posted that his posts weren't showing, you had to be on his page to see his answers, he did and still is answering questions

go here, Webkinz by Ganz (webkinz) on Twitter and you can see his answers
I went to the link you gave and none of my questions were answered. I don't know if any of them went through because my posts stopped showing up. It was very hard to keep up with and the language was horrible. I hope they come up with another idea next time. Something more family friendly. Congratulations on winning! What an awesome prize. Congrats to all the winners. I know I saw several WI on the winners posts.
889wlry is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #118
sidereal will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by TheBeatles
The thing is, Twitter is a worldwide conversation. You can't just stop someone from posting what they think. Not everyone likes Webkinz, and they must ruin it for those that do, unfortunately. I actually don't know why that would be a good thing for it to trend again.
I actually agree with you 100%. I can't, and shouldn't be able to, stop people from voicing their opinions whether they agree with me or not. Particularly on a forum designed to encourage open conversation such as Twitter. And really, I don't even want to. I love a good debate. You are completely right and I really hope I did not offend you!

I just feel that a child's game/ celebration/ contest doesn't belong in a forum that open. And apparently Ganz felt that way at some point too, hence the moderated clubhouse and pet names and room names... I just wonder why they go through all that effort to protect kids in WW, then entice them (or their parents on their behalf) into such a free-for-all with the promise of magical retrievers and the sparkle pegasus.

The truth is, I had the option not to attend the "party". As a newbie to Twitter who joined strictly to take part in recent WW contests, I did not even know what a TT was, much less what it would invite. Now I sure do know!

In no way do I feel Twitter should be moderated. I DO feel Ganz should moderate themselves and stick to forums that are child friendly and where most people attending share the same interest in Webkinz.

Again, I really did not mean my comment to seem like an attack on you so I hope that I did not come across that way! I am just mad at Ganz, dsappointed in Ganz.
sidereal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:10 PM   #119
ishing for vacation!
Gift Guru

Jenn is sweet stuff
Jenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuffJenn is sweet stuff

OK, I still don't know what a TT is... can that be posted here?
Jenn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:10 PM   #120

princessjuleia is a jewel in the roughprincessjuleia is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by Joani
Wow that ResourcefulMom is really on the ball. I already got my Pegasus code. She sent it Direct Message on my Twitter. Now to think of a really cool name.
Congrats on winning! Enjoy your awesome pet!!!
princessjuleia is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: