Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #51
Webkinz :)

BSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with graceBSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with graceBSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with graceBSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with graceBSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with graceBSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with graceBSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: Trash Collecting in Kinzville Park Programming Change

I get the concept BUT,

Ganz really doesn’t have a great server set up in the first place, as we all know by now.

It takes way to long to load a park to begin with, and now with everyone switching parks at the 5 minute increments, it way over loads things, and either bumps a lot of people or freezes them. So by the time you get into the park, you are frozen or the trash is gone.

Ganz took a fun game and ruined it.

Instead of spending time in the park and enjoying it, you spend all your time switching parks and waiting for them to load, and then having to switch again when you freeze.

No way am I going through all the trouble and time that it takes to switch parks all the time. When at least 50% of the time you freeze anyway once you get in. Or get bumped off the server. And it’s to late for the trash then.

This was a ridiculous idea in my opinion.
BSW44 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2010, 03:11 PM   #52

broevil222 is the bees knees!broevil222 is the bees knees!broevil222 is the bees knees!broevil222 is the bees knees!broevil222 is the bees knees!broevil222 is the bees knees!broevil222 is the bees knees!

Oh boy, now I'm having trouble, I was excited cause at first I got a load of trash, but so far I've spent way too much time loading, got bumped to the arcade after I clicked on a piece of trash, and got frozen. The last park I was in said there were 39 other webbies in it, yet I was the only one that showed up on my screen. Then I had to log out......Silly Ganz...why fix something that ain't broke?
broevil222 is offline Female
Old 02-18-2010, 03:12 PM   #53

sweetie228 will become famous soon enough

I can not wait to try this out!
sweetie228 is offline Female
Old 02-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #54
charming122101
Gift Guru

charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!charming is not just visiting!

confusing to say the least. But when i try to change rooms it takes me more than a min. to get into a new room. is this working for anyone?
charming is offline Female
Old 02-18-2010, 03:15 PM   #55
Banned
MissPuppy is a WI addict!
MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!

I'm really confused. So, will I get a good amount of trash in the room i'm in? Will I see trash often?
Old 02-18-2010, 03:16 PM   #56

disneylisa has a spectacular aura about

Still not working for me. I switch parks just after it hits :05. Went into a park with 37 pets. Took almost 1 minute to load new park. Didn't see one other animal or one piece of trash. Then had to log off as it wouldn't let me do anything other then wander around. Wouldn't let me leave even.

Someday I will get a piece of trash. And by that I do mean MY FIRST PIECE!
disneylisa is offline Female
Old 02-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #57
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by Jesussavedme
Not really working for me either, just intermittently. Now as far as it being 'fair'....it kind of drives me nuts when people say that because if Webkinz is going to make everything FAIR then they would just hand out a bunch of prizes to every pet and there would never be any contests. It's a challenge, it's supposed to be. That's the fun of it or don't bother with it.
I feel like they're going to get so sick of all the whining that some ppl do, that they'll just never make snowflakes crossing the screen, no trash, no nothing again because it's easier than trying to please everyone.
ok, got my vent out.
going to try the park again!

I am not really sure of what you are saying. You don't care that this isn't fair? Just wondering.

Here is how it works now:

At the 5 minute mark, you need to wait about 5 seconds and then load the park. If you do it too soon, then the garbage cycle hasn't started yet. At this 5 minute 5 second period, there are at least dozens of pets switching parks. When you wait this 5 minute 5 second period, then you have to deal with the "Loading...." issue. The fastest computers still get the the garbage first because of this (the faster computers load the park much quicker) and if you have a slower computer (even just a couple of years old) then once the park loads for you, you may see trash but your pet is frozen, or you see it and then it disappears right before you get there because another "ghost" pet (with a faster computer) got there first.

I have been in the park where there was a super quick kangaroo. I saw it in one spot and then a second later it would be almost 1/4 of the way across the screen while my pet was still making its way to the first spot where I saw the garbage that disappeared. The only way competing is fair is if all the people on WW have access to the same computers/software/etc.; otherwise it is like these fast pets are on steroids and in the real world steroids are a big no-no for competing. (I would say "Just my opinion", but the sports community agrees with it.)

SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 02-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #58

katie'smom has lots of talentkatie'smom has lots of talentkatie'smom has lots of talentkatie'smom has lots of talentkatie'smom has lots of talentkatie'smom has lots of talentkatie'smom has lots of talentkatie'smom has lots of talentkatie'smom has lots of talentkatie'smom has lots of talentkatie'smom has lots of talentkatie'smom has lots of talentkatie'smom has lots of talentkatie'smom has lots of talent

Before the update I wasn't having any trouble at all. Now my screen keeps freezing up. When you click on a bark that has 39 and you're the 40th one. How come pets are still able to get in the park. Plus they put Mr.Moo back in the park and when you click on him nothing happens. How come when Ganz fixes like one thing 50 other things go wrong. Good Grief
katie'smom is offline Female
Old 02-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #59
Gifted

meandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellence
meandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellencemeandspencer is the epitome of excellence

This is a terrible idea. Webkinz is glitchy enough we don't all need to be switching parks and zones and fighting over which room we get into before we can then fight about the trash we collect.
meandspencer is offline Female
Old 02-18-2010, 03:25 PM   #60
jdpeach

Thumbs down Re: Trash Collecting in Kinzville Park Programming Change

well ganz you've manged to torture us with slow computers again. You should have kept it the way it was so we could at least get A piece of trash per try. Now because of the ABSURDLY LONG loading time for slow computers we are lucky if we get anything! Btw WI how does this make it easier?
Closed

Tags
confused!, no trash?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: