Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #31
AbbyFlower7
Webkinz :)

AbbyL714 is a jewel in the roughAbbyL714 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Trader Information: Fruity Punch Pool is NOT a Pool

that happened to me a few times but i didn't fall for it!
AbbyL714 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2011, 07:00 AM   #32

adrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicness
adrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicnessadrib is epic beyond epicness

Are people getting scammed by being told that the item is a pool or just going by the name? Is this happening in chatplus? I avoid there because although my kids are informed, I hate to see people lie and sadly there is a lot in chat plus, like saying a carrot becomes a carrot bed . However, in regular trading, they cant say misleading things...well except if you ask for furniture and they put up food...but when they do that i usually figure it is a child who only has food to trade so I put food up.
adrib is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #33

Jae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud ofJae's Momma has much to be proud of

HEADS' UP for everyone..... (yes I intentionally used red because this is THAT important! )

My daughter was in Kinzchat plus the other day. I was sitting to the side, not paying attention when she began chatting with someone. It caught my attention so I began reading.
It was put out to my girl more as a "dare" than anything else. But this user sat there typing to my girl on HOW TO SCAM others!!!
I will try to illustrate what was said....

User: Here is your task.
User: Listen
User: LISTEN!
My girl: Ok
User: Go into a trading room. Offer a worthless item for trade.
User: Tell the trader that it is a rare or retired item.
User: What ever sounds good.
User: Tell them when they drop it in their room, it will give them an exclusive pet
User: or other rare item they can not get any other way.
User: you can get all kinds of really cool things from people that way.
User: Go now and get good things!

This is not the exact conversation, just what I remember of it. So if I used any words that might be banned from KC+ you'll know why.

After reading this conversation, I took the mouse from my girl to check the username and report them user. I had just clicked to open the names of the users in the room when it did that AUTOMATIC LOGOUT and I lost the chance!!

But this is to show you the kinds of people that are in WW and what they are doing!

Everyone needs to be very aware and very careful.
Jae's Momma is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #34

bunnygirl371 is a jewel in the roughbunnygirl371 is a jewel in the rough

It really is sad how many people try to trick others in the trading room. I always see people saying: "Oh you send first then I will send this." And if you try to warn the other person to never trade through kinzpost they don't listen. Also, someone tried to get me to trade a super bed for space wallpaper, saying I could sell it for 8 thousand KC and I said no of course you can't. then two minutes later I saw them saying that to another person! it really is sad that there are people who do that.
bunnygirl371 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #35
turtletortoise
Gifted
spotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the way

When ever I go to trade the items I get from the movies people always think that the wallpaper from the caramel lion is rare or psi. I tell them the real value though. It is worth a lot less. Lots of people think the honey from the hamsters and the punch pool are food. I won one and it turned out a lot smaller than I expected.

I have a restaurant room that goes good there. I only have one and don't want to trade it.

Last edited by spotted turtle; 06-06-2011 at 03:42 PM..
spotted turtle is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #36
sammopiper
Gifted

Sammopiper is a glorious beacon of lightSammopiper is a glorious beacon of lightSammopiper is a glorious beacon of light

This is so sad! I was scammed before I was one WI. Someone offered me wacky jeanz and the blue lava if I could get some psf for him from another member, I got it, but he ran off ith two of my superbedz.
Sammopiper is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #37
Jesus Saves

Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!Orca12296 is not just visiting!

Some traders don't see anything wrong with using trickery to get the things that they want. I'm not like that. Be Careful there are some twisted people in this world.
Orca12296 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:08 PM   #38
Sunshine Bunny

SunshineFlower is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by SingerGirl777
I agree. It is so sad that people will lie and scam just to get a virtual item. I always keep the WIGEV open in a window so that I can do research when I am trading. It's quite sad that on a game where a lot of little kids play, you can rarely take people at their word. I always look up items for myself despite what people say about an item because I know there are too many people out there just looking to scam others. So I would encourage everyone to use the WIGEV. It has helped me on many occasions. Know what your own and other's items are worth. Also, beware of people who say they can only send, not trade. Too many people fall for this and then end up losing their items and getting nothing in return. Be safe, smart and, most of all, have fun!
Hey! Thats a great idea! I should do that! Thx for the advice!

View Post Originally Posted by Sammopiper
This is so sad! I was scammed before I was one WI. Someone offered me wacky jeanz and the blue lava if I could get some psf for him from another member, I got it, but he ran off ith two of my superbedz.
I'm sorry about that! Something like this happened to me to... Someone offered a prom dress and something else but they said they would send the other thing and the dress to me if I traded other useless item which I did not want. And I was sceptical, but we talked a while about how they would not every scam other people like this. But I trust them, (). And after we traded they left the room right way with my rock jeans! I will never do that again. WI for the info there are twisted people out there!

Woops typos!

Last edited by SunshineFlower; 06-07-2011 at 12:08 PM..
SunshineFlower is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #39
heidi4521

K1tCat123 will become famous soon enough

I haven't been scammed like this either! Thank you for posting so we all know if we're being scammed or not.
K1tCat123 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #40
sammopiper
Gifted

Sammopiper is a glorious beacon of lightSammopiper is a glorious beacon of lightSammopiper is a glorious beacon of light

I helped some poor guy yesterday who thought it was a pool and was trying to trade it. Luckily, he'd won it, and hadn't traded for it. He was so releved when I told him, He gave me some psfs I wanted. People are nice!
Sammopiper is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: