Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 01:13 PM   #41
Webkinz :)

patheard is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Top Five Questions & Answers on Daily KinzCare Prizes

View Post Originally Posted by Ranger1985
Thank you, FIA, for the FAQ post on these items.

Personally, I like these items and am enjoying getting them. I'm a little disappointed that they're not set up as POTM prizes because now you could potentially end up with the same item several weeks in a row that you may not be able to use in your rooms. And, since we can't sell, trade or kp them, the potential for problems down the road is substantial.

So your choices, then, will be to let these items sit in our docks or spend KC to buy a room to put them in, neither of which is practical or appealing. For me, I have one account where Ganz CS has very specifically told me that having more than 150 items in my dock will always result in it locking up. With that same account, they also recommended that I severely limit the number of rooms I purchase for it in the future.

So, for this account, a third alternative would be to stop playing/omit a day in the Daily KinzCare. This is a large account and is also my main playing one and it will end up with few or none of the prizes. Where's the fun in that?

It doesn't really seem like Ganz have thought this through and I hope they come here, read our comments, and re-tool this Daily.
All this talk of storage problems has got me all paranoid. How many rooms in a home is too many. I have made numerous storage rooms but wonder if this may cause problems too.
patheard is offline Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #42
Glad to be a
Gift Guru

Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider
Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by patheard
All this talk of storage problems has got me all paranoid. How many rooms in a home is too many. I have made numerous storage rooms but wonder if this may cause problems too.

Your best bet would be to call Ganz directly and ask about your specific account. I have had different answers from different reps at different times. The last one said it also depends on your computer. But they all agree that there is a limit that each account can take. I have also seen reports on WI of people losing things from their docks if they are too full, but I have never had that happen, so don't know for sure if it's true... so you might want to ask about that too.
If you call Ganz, I would love to know what you find out; perhaps you could post it on this thread. The Ganz phone number is 866-932-5469.
Serena is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #43

kirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owl
kirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owl

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Serena

Your best bet would be to call Ganz directly and ask about your specific account. I have had different answers from different reps at different times. The last one said it also depends on your computer. But they all agree that there is a limit that each account can take. I have also seen reports on WI of people losing things from their docks if they are too full, but I have never had that happen, so don't know for sure if it's true... so you might want to ask about that too.
If you call Ganz, I would love to know what you find out; perhaps you could post it on this thread. The Ganz phone number is 866-932-5469.
Just spoke with a Ganz CR. My account has over 400 pets and 350 rooms. I asked him about what I had been reading, about a limit on the accounts. He spoke with a supervisor, there is no limit on the amount of pets or rooms you have. He said it is a good idea not to keep a lot in your dock. he said it also depends on your computer. If you are having problems, you might want to open a new account, but there is definately no limit on how big the account is.
kirtoglou is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #44
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by wausau
How can I "get rid of" a prize I don't want? The only way to remove one of these prizes from your account is to contact Ganz and ask them to delete it from your dock.

Well with six accounts, if the only way that I can get rid of unwanted things is to call Ganz and have them remove it then I will probably keep their phone really busy. The tea pot for example is cute but I have duplicated it now in one account and since I can't send it to one of my other accounts it is just in my way in my dock. If they do not want us sharing these prizes with others or able to at least spread them around among our own accounts then we should at least be able to sell them back to the w shop. Otherwise this can become a severe clutter problem.

My hope is that this action will cause Ganz so much frustration that they will do anything to avoid spending their entire day removing excess from accounts...thus letting us sell them in the wshop at least LOL.
Tula is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:44 AM   #45
wonders in color

Aimless wows us all with wonderAimless wows us all with wonderAimless wows us all with wonderAimless wows us all with wonderAimless wows us all with wonderAimless wows us all with wonderAimless wows us all with wonderAimless wows us all with wonderAimless wows us all with wonderAimless wows us all with wonder

I have been thinking the same as everyone else. I have too many items in my dock already, and don't want to deal with an item I cannot even sell back to the Wshop. The way down the road big picture is a lot of teapots. (they are cute, but I am not interested in having ten of them!)

I am sure they thought of this already, come on now. My feeling is perhaps the items will change at some point in the future too and then those items will be beloved even more.

We will just have to wait and see.
Aimless is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:52 AM   #46
I'm adarlably wacky!

Darlabell is the cats pajamas!Darlabell is the cats pajamas!Darlabell is the cats pajamas!Darlabell is the cats pajamas!Darlabell is the cats pajamas!Darlabell is the cats pajamas!

My thoughts are about the same as everyone else, why give us stuff we can't get rid of? I got the same prize 3 weeks in a row on one account Really how many cups of coffee do I need?
Darlabell is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #47
Glad to be a
Gift Guru

Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider
Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Tula
My hope is that this action will cause Ganz so much frustration that they will do anything to avoid spending their entire day removing excess from accounts...thus letting us sell them in the wshop at least LOL.
View Post Originally Posted by Aimless
I have been thinking the same as everyone else. I have too many items in my dock already, and don't want to deal with an item I cannot even sell back to the Wshop. The way down the road big picture is a lot of teapots. (they are cute, but I am not interested in having ten of them!)

I am sure they thought of this already, come on now. My feeling is perhaps the items will change at some point in the future too and then those items will be beloved even more.

We will just have to wait and see.
View Post Originally Posted by Darlabell
My thoughts are about the same as everyone else, why give us stuff we can't get rid of? I got the same prize 3 weeks in a row on one account Really how many cups of coffee do I need?
I sure hope that Ganz gets the message soon. I totally agree with all these points. I already spend a lot of time getting rid of excess items in the docks in my accounts. Some of my accounts have one room only, and I will not be adding rooms to them, as they are only used for dock storage and trading with my three main accounts (one in each time zone). So adding more and more rooms, as some suggest, is not an option I will take just to use these excess items. Additionally, I already feel that I already have to call Ganz way too often to report glitches (some of which take forever to fix), and I don't want to be burdened with calling them even more to get unwanted items removed.
I would be happy if the programming would allow me to at least sell the items. Making them tradeable also would of course be the best. It would make these items much more desireable.
Serena is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #48

Pearlstrand will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by kirtoglou
Just spoke with a Ganz CR. My account has over 400 pets and 350 rooms. I asked him about what I had been reading, about a limit on the accounts. He spoke with a supervisor, there is no limit on the amount of pets or rooms you have. He said it is a good idea not to keep a lot in your dock. he said it also depends on your computer. If you are having problems, you might want to open a new account, but there is definately no limit on how big the account is.
I am really glad to hear this! I understood that you can't have more than 100 pets, and my daughter is at that limit. I wondered what would happen if she couldn't adopt any more pets -- would her account expire? Would she be able to keep it if she kept getting Deluxe membership?

This puts my mind at ease -- we can add more pets (she'll never get up to 400!), and not worry about the number of rooms, either. And she keeps hundreds of items in her dock (for the trading room) and hasn't had any problems with that.

Thanks to everybody for all of the helpful information!
Pearlstrand is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:47 PM   #49

Pearlstrand will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Darlabell
Some days I need a lot of cups of coffee... but the kind I can actually drink, not the kind that sits in my dock!
Pearlstrand is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:17 AM   #50
allthatshimmerz

allthatshimmerz has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by catsinparadise
Ganz never ceases to amaze me....whey everything can't be sold traded or KP is beyond me. That is right up there with limiting what can go outside, inside, underwater or treetop, let everything go everywhere!!

On the bright side, I love the new "free" gifts, and don't care how many I get, I will use them somewhere.
I'm with you. I appreciate receiving the extra little free gifts each week and will definitely find a place for them somewhere. It just really provokes me that Ganz has added limitiations to yet another set of WW items! Everything should be able to be sold, traded, or KP'd. And I'm REALLY over the indoor/outdoor restrictions.

The inability to KP estore clothes between accounts really irritates me. I can't afford to buy a set of each clothing item for every account, so it would be nice if Ganz would let us KP the clothes at least among our own accounts! My granddaughters love coming up with new outfit combinations. So if I buy the clothes, plus register and pay for their Deluxe memberships, shouldn't we able to swap these estore items from time to time between the accounts?
allthatshimmerz is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
aikou:)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: