Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2007, 12:36 PM   #81
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Default Re: Thankz Pointz system has been removed

Will the thankz points ever come back?
-Lilypad is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2007, 12:40 PM   #82
music1 and spryo
Webkinz :)

runningstars is an unknown quantity at this point

i hope so ;.)
Old 07-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #83
ask me
Webkinz :)

Rose is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to add my 2 cents and thank everyone for this great forum!!! I've learned alot and enjoy coming here everyday!
THANK YOU!
Old 07-06-2007, 12:59 PM   #84
monkey4u97
Gifted

ilovewebkinz97 is just really niceilovewebkinz97 is just really nice

oh well thansk for informing us i was wondering the same thing when i was like omg where the thanks points go but i totally understand and i hope that we can get them back as soon as possible.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:30 PM   #85
Gifted
LindaBear is a jewel in the roughLindaBear is a jewel in the rough

I am sure that the Thanks points will come back. I honestly think that everyone wants to see that people won't be begging for them. I mean I only gave thanks points as if to say Nice house, Thanks for your help, or That was awesome. I got some in return from good people. IF I didn't give everyone who gave me a thanks point -- It was because I had to wait a while before I gave someone a thanks point, at least 7 seconds or so after the previous THanks Point was given. Also it was hard to keep track of who I gave a thanks point to. I was like Did I give this person a Thanks point in return? -- I dunno anyway, at least the system was good charma, and it taught you to thank others for helping you and it hoped you realized that to not expect one in return.

Well Anyway I enjoyed it very much but feel it will be back (thanks points) When everyone is well adjusted and know what they are truelly for.

Have a great day.
HUGS
Old 07-06-2007, 01:37 PM   #86
lavalover22

I totally agree.I think people should be looking for naughty posters to get them.This staffers would know who helped n where on the forum.
-
I agree..They should only be given by staffers so they know how much each person helped n where.

Last edited by lavalover22; 07-06-2007 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-06-2007, 01:43 PM   #87
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by jacalynsue
It seems to me that thanks points have always been and always will be available on any forum. It's called a public thank you. :-) Unfortunately, yes, too many people think TP were to be collected like trading cards and displayed like a trophy. But if you are ever moved by a post and find it to be especially helpful, you are still free to tell the poster exactly that, and why you found it to be the case. I can't imagine anyone protesting that! After all, I see several posts in this very thread that are doing just that.

So those of you who understood the intent of the system may still praise intelligent posts!
J
Well said, and you're exactly right. A "thank you" post is just as good, if not better, than giving someone thanks points.

View Post Originally Posted by tee1000
ok then since you got rid of the thankz points can ypu atleast keep the page that showed all of your own points and comments ect? so we can have memories?? or would people find a way o abuse that or something...?
Unfortunately, when the system is disabled, it removes all traces of the system itself from being displayed. All of the information is still stored in the database so all of the descriptions and points are still there if we decide to give it another chance.

View Post Originally Posted by buckdawg
Or you could go the other way and let people beg or offer them. who cares? it's not like there's any monetary incentive to having a bunch of thanx points. that way you don't have to worry about people reporting it all the time because it's perfectly legitimate.

and if you don't like the threads begging for them, don't read 'em!
Well, here's the thing, we try our best to keep up with all the posts on the forum: to keep people from giving out potentially dangerous personal information, to keep people from trading in the open forum so that potential scammers don't get our members, to keep rudeness and swearing at a minimum, etc. When we also have to read through threads and posts that are just about begging for thankz pointz (which we still have to check into, because all of those potential things could be in there, it gets tiresome).

View Post Originally Posted by kayeray
Justin, I can completely understand your reasoning behind taking the Thankz Pointz away. However, I have to question why everyone has to be punished for what others are doing? To be honest, the Thanks points was no big deal to me rather we have them or not. It is a big deal to some though. Especially Kids. Believe it or not, the Thanks Points could be a self-esteem booster. Make kids want to help and do good deeds to earn thanks points and those points mean a lot to some kids. Exactly like a reward for helping others. However, I have seen so much of stopping things or taking things away or changing things on this site because of others abusing the site where as others who do follow the rules get the same punishment as those that did abuse the rules. I'd like to make the suggestion that you take the Thanks Points away from those that are abusing the the Thanks Points system instead of away from everyone. I'm sure it is possible. Isn't that something that a moderator of a website should do?
I'm kinda concerned this might happen in other areas as well, such as the Gift Exchange. Is that next to be taken away because so many people are not following the rules, including but not limited to some of the Moderators on this site with fair gifting practices?
My point being is that everyone should not be punished for others actions. If it was something that could cause harm to someone then I could understand. Kinda like the Clubhouse plus in Webkinz World. If parents had any kind of problem with that Clubhouse then they shouldn't allow their children access to that clubhouse or if they found a problem with it afterwards, they should of used the parental block that Ganz provides. Ganz had to close it because they didn't have anyone to Moderate to make sure members were doing what they were supose to be doing in there. So therefore, it was closed. That was a different story vs this site. The site has Moderators and Administrators to see that all are following rules.
I do not mean to sound like I'm questioning your judgement. I'm just a firm believer in doing what is morally correct and right. I do not doubt that you want to do the same. I just feel that you didn't give this a full thought process of the effect that it could have on others that are following the rules before you made this change of taking the Thankz Pointz away.
I appreciate you taking the time to read this and allowing me to express my concern and suggestion.
Kayeray
You're right about the intention of the system, that's what I'd hoped it would do. Here's the thing, people were doing things JUST for thankz pointz. Others were just starting threads saying "I'm almost to 30 thankz pointz, please help me get there". They were collecting them, and that's not what the system is for. There are options on a per-user basis for leaving thankz pointz, you are right, but if the system is enabled, everyone is eligible to receive thankz pointz. While we could take away privileges from beggars to leave thankz pointz, they could still beg (& receive) them.

The Gift Exchange is completely separate and, if someone misuses the Feedback system, they are warned and eventually suspended from the Gift Exchange for a period of time. The feedback system & the Gift Exchange are in place for the safety of our members and neither will be 'taken away', other than on a user by user basis. Since users a let "in" one by one, they can just as easily be pushed "out".

The staff has been thinking about this for weeks, and I saw no less than 10 threads specifically about thankz pointz yesterday. Enough is enough.

View Post Originally Posted by carlythemonkey1
Aww, I had 57...but I guess your right. I got a bad trade rating once because I didn't give a thankz point!
Exactly. See? People are making these so important, when they really aren't intended to mean anything at all.

View Post Originally Posted by DramaQueen
once again, the majority is being punished for the bad behavior of others. Such a shame that the rest of us can't do something nice for our fellow WI members like give them a thankz for doing something nice
Justin....isn't there a way to just dis-able the thankz pointz for those who abuse it insead of punishing everyone? Same with banning people from contests who cheat and whine instead of getting rid of those all together. There has to be a way to take away priveledges from those who abuse instead of punishing everyone....??????

Justin....I know you will always do what is best for this site...after all...it is your baby! We appreciate you and all you do....just wish others didn't make things such a bummer for those who like all the things you create and use them the way they were intented!
Again, I wish there were a way, but once the system is enabled, all you can do is take away a user's ability to give thankz pointz. That wouldn't help, as the offenders are always asking for them. You can still post (or send them a personal PM) to thank them.

View Post Originally Posted by 12blacer
Since you seem to know about everything, i have a few questios to ask you.
1.How do you make your gift exchange. I already have over 50 posts
2. Is the gift exchange the saem as a gift thread
PLease Help Me
Everything that you're asking is outlined in the FAQ, just click the link below the Hippo's foot at the top

View Post Originally Posted by Tula
Its not a punishment what they are doing..its moderating their board. When things get out of control in any group new rules have to be made and changes have to take place for all not just a choice few. Its just a change and they didn't say it would be forever...just for a while. They also said they kept your original points...so this isn't so bad. People would get all in a twist if some had the ability to leave a TY point and others did not. That would cause total chaos. And the feedback system is nothing like TY points. The feedback system is critical for the safety of all those that trade. That could never be removed unless the right to trade was also removed.
Excellent point. I originally started the board with only allowing members with more than 10 posts allowed to leave thanks points. The questions started getting more and more frequent as to why certain people could and couldn't leave the thankz pointz. So, I allowed all members to do it. That was when we had 800 members.

View Post Originally Posted by rileybulldog26
Hey justin! iI'm new here... how do i post my own blog???
You can put it in your "myWI" page. If you're referring to the "blogs" section at the top of the site, only featured authors can make those blogs!

View Post Originally Posted by Lilypad1394
Will the thankz points ever come back?
No promises, but I don't see why not. I need to really sit down and figure this out. There are actually very few forums that utilize this feature and I thought it was really a great one (it's actually built in to the system itself). I thought everyone was crazy for not using it, but I didn't have the foresight or the experience that these other forums did, and now I see why they don't use it.

I hope I've addressed some of your questions!
Justin is offline Male
Old 07-06-2007, 01:46 PM   #88
lavalover22

View Post Originally Posted by kayeray
Justin, I can completely understand your reasoning behind taking the Thankz Pointz away. However, I have to question why everyone has to be punished for what others are doing? To be honest, the Thanks points was no big deal to me rather we have them or not. It is a big deal to some though. Especially Kids. Believe it or not, the Thanks Points could be a self-esteem booster. Make kids want to help and do good deeds to earn thanks points and those points mean a lot to some kids. Exactly like a reward for helping others. However, I have seen so much of stopping things or taking things away or changing things on this site because of others abusing the site where as others who do follow the rules get the same punishment as those that did abuse the rules. I'd like to make the suggestion that you take the Thanks Points away from those that are abusing the the Thanks Points system instead of away from everyone. I'm sure it is possible. Isn't that something that a moderator of a website should do?
I'm kinda concerned this might happen in other areas as well, such as the Gift Exchange. Is that next to be taken away because so many people are not following the rules, including but not limited to some of the Moderators on this site with fair gifting practices?
My point being is that everyone should not be punished for others actions. If it was something that could cause harm to someone then I could understand. Kinda like the Clubhouse plus in Webkinz World. If parents had any kind of problem with that Clubhouse then they shouldn't allow their children access to that clubhouse or if they found a problem with it afterwards, they should of used the parental block that Ganz provides. Ganz had to close it because they didn't have anyone to Moderate to make sure members were doing what they were supose to be doing in there. So therefore, it was closed. That was a different story vs this site. The site has Moderators and Administrators to see that all are following rules.
I do not mean to sound like I'm questioning your judgement. I'm just a firm believer in doing what is morally correct and right. I do not doubt that you want to do the same. I just feel that you didn't give this a full thought process of the effect that it could have on others that are following the rules before you made this change of taking the Thankz Pointz away.
I appreciate you taking the time to read this and allowing me to express my concern and suggestion.
Kayeray

I know for one this is'nt easy...And likely why there all gone.There are several thousand members on this forum ad t do just the problem people would take a very long time and hard work as well...Staffers keep up the good job
lavalover22
Old 07-06-2007, 01:47 PM   #89
6ladybug
Gifted
6ladybug is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for taking a handle on this matter. I do hope one day you can bring the thanks points back so they can be used as intended.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:47 PM   #90
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Interesting, lava... That's quite a suggestion there, Very well done! That hadn't even occurred to me.

I may have a way... Hmmmm..... No promises, again, but lava has come up with a VERY good suggestion.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! (see, no need for thankz pointz! )

View Post Originally Posted by lavalover22
I totally agree.I think people should be looking for naughty posters to get them.This staffers would know who helped n where on the forum.
-
I agree..They should only be given by staffers so they know how much each person helped n where.
Justin is offline Male
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: