Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2007, 04:37 PM   #111
katgurly9
Gifted

Katgurly9 has a brilliant futureKatgurly9 has a brilliant futureKatgurly9 has a brilliant futureKatgurly9 has a brilliant futureKatgurly9 has a brilliant future

Default Re: Thankz Pointz system has been CHANGED to Reputation

The TP are back..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2007, 04:37 PM   #112
Erica
Gift Guru
SparkleHippo has disabled reputation

COOOOOOOOOOOOLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
SparkleHippo is offline Female
Old 07-06-2007, 04:44 PM   #113
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by privateyes2038
DITTO!!!!
Anyone else agree??? if so..better paste fast....because if they do not like your opinion...the mods will close it faster than you can take another breath!!!

Ummm... What?

View Post Originally Posted by GuineaPigs
I support your decision and everything but I liked showing off my 87 Thankz Points. It's just that now I look the same as someone who only has 1. Maybe the number of Thankz Points could be reflected in some other way?
They are reflected by the dots, but there is a "graduated" scale for determining the number of dots. I won't disclose the details of how the dots are calculated, or else people will start trying to get dots... LOL

you may be kidding...but you made a very good point! no longer can those of us who obey the rules and expecially the young people that I thought this whole website was made for...they can no longer be able to give thanks to someone who helped nor can they learn rewards for doing the right thing just because the mods are overwheled to deal with a problem. Get more MODS JUSTIN! all you have to do is ask.......

but don't punish everyone! for just a few's errors.

Ummm..... Maybe you should re-read the first post?

View Post Originally Posted by infoarch
That was uncalled for. Not only did Justin take the time to respond individually to concerns, he also worked really hard (and very quickly) to come up with a compromise and implement it.
Thank you for that!

View Post Originally Posted by GuineaPigs
I think the system is good and everything but maybe you should get a dot for every 50 Thankz Points just to help showcase the more helpfull users.
Well, you do get dots based on your thankz pointz. Again, I won't disclose the details of how it is calculated (but it's based on Thankz Pointz/Number of Posts/Length of Membership combined). The more helpful members will still be identified. You'll see a second "dot" soon enough
Justin is offline Male
Old 07-06-2007, 05:16 PM   #114
Please ask me
Gift Guru

Carolyn will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Thankz Pointz system has been CHANGED

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Okay, I've worked on this quite a bit and really want to leave it for you guys, since everyone loves it and the main issue was not with the system itself, rather with the point totals. I toyed with a different system that may have a place later on.

So, I've changed it! It's now an "earned reputation", rather than a "hard number of points" that people are collecting. I will not give out the qualifications for each "dot". I've changed the title to "reputation" because I was afraid that people would think that each "dot" represented a "point" and then would start asking for more points or asking us why their "dots" don't reflect their points.

Also, I've removed any reference to the point total that each user has accumulated, so that no one looks in their profiles and sees that they "just need 2 more to get to 100" and start soliciting again.

I'm sure that you guys already know that "more dots" = "higher reputation" just as before. You may notice that some people have green dots and some have gray. This doesn't mean that they don't have a reputation (or have a bad one), it just means that their "reputation display" is turned off in their userCPs. If yours isn't showing green and you want it to, just "show my reputation level" in your userCP and you'll be good to go. Hope everyone is okay with the change!!
Thanks justin. You're a good egg!
Old 07-06-2007, 05:30 PM   #115
Gifted

infoarch is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Thankz Pointz system has been removed

then...prove me wrong...and I am not aiming anything at Justin...this is not a personal assault to Justin! Please re-read before posing your replies. thank you
Prove you wrong??? Have you even read the rest of the thread?

No, you did not attack Justin personally but I didn't say that you did. I said your post was uncalled for - none of the mods closed the thread because they didn't agree with people's opinions. It is not my experience that they do that, and to refute your statement, I noted that Justin - in his role as a moderator - had not closed the thread as you suggested is typical, but had taken the time to respond to the issues raised. See Justin's post at 1:43 PM (CST) - that's on page 10 of this thread - where he addressed concerns one by one.

Your statement was also unnecessary because Justin had already re-instated the system around 2:40 PM (CST) - he announces that in his post on page 11 - about four posts BEFORE your post at 3:35 PM (CST). As noted above, Justin had already responded to many people individually AND re-instated the system, albeit with a few changes. The dialogue about those changes continued after that - again - without the thread being closed because people didn't agree with the decision.

In fact, Justin responded to your comments, too. That post is on page 12 at 4:44 PM (CST).

Who needs to re-read posts before replying?
Old 07-06-2007, 05:50 PM   #116
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

infoarch, thanks for pointing that out to privateeyes, I'm sure she will re-read the comments that have been made and check the post bits and see, in fact, that it has been restored in a slightly different fashion.

Both of you need to take a teeny step back and not start attacking each other, cause I'm worried that's where the thread is about to head!!
Justin is offline Male
Old 07-06-2007, 05:54 PM   #117
starie23

but really im sugggesting we rename our street justin cove lol
Old 07-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #118
Gift Guru

born_2_shop is a name known to allborn_2_shop is a name known to allborn_2_shop is a name known to all

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for working something out It isn't everyday that you find such a dedicate site owner that actually takes the time to consider each individual and their concerns and then works so hard to find something that will work for everyone. Thanks so much for all you do!
Old 07-06-2007, 06:15 PM   #119
holisterxoxo
Gift Guru

Couturegrl will become famous soon enough

thx for the heads up
Couturegrl is offline Female
Old 07-06-2007, 06:22 PM   #120
Gift Guru

GuineaPigs is a splendid one to beholdGuineaPigs is a splendid one to beholdGuineaPigs is a splendid one to beholdGuineaPigs is a splendid one to behold

It's Ok Privateyes2038 you did the right thing admitting you mistake and apologizing. I'm sure all of WI's members forgive you!
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: